Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6893|FUCK UBISOFT

Funky_Finny wrote:

dayarath wrote:

Did NASA manage to get their hands on vegas movie maker and photoshop?
If they didn't have simple tools like Photoshop or Vegas (or such like) then how the FUCK did they make a several hundred tonne object fly out of the gravitational pull of the earth and land with exellent precision on the surface of the moon? All with, as my brother, not friend Jay said, the technology of a calculator or washing machine?

GG.
Because back in the day it would take a lot more to make fake shit with photoshop and vegas than actually going to the moon.

especially because they didn't exist.

tbh, "ur a faget"
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6836|Espoo, Finland

Funky_Finny wrote:

dayarath wrote:

If they didn't have simple tools like Photoshop or Vegas (or such like) then how the FUCK did they make a several hundred tonne object fly out of the gravitational pull of the earth and land with exellent precision on the surface of the moon? All with, as my brother, not friend Jay said, the technology of a calculator or washing machine?

GG.
I belive they had aircraft that could land with excellent precision on runways during the WWI.
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6283|Scotland!

Gawwad wrote:

Funky_Finny wrote:

dayarath wrote:

GG.
I belive they had aircraft that could land with excellent precision on runways during the WWI.
What, WITHOUT photoshop?
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6479

Funky_Finny wrote:

GG.
Rockets idiot. Rockets. They propel out of the earths atmosphere. DO YOU REALLY THINK that they only had the technology of a CALCULATOR in the APOLLO MISSIONS? /FACEPALM

Your idiocy I hate to say, is starting to piss me off. And I have no shred of respect for you at all. Sorry. I won't even bother to write up my own response in reply to your complaint their technology wasn't sophisticated enough. I'll just quote this again:

Could 60s/70s Technology have made it to the moon?  Did they have good enough computers and stuff?

Oh, the arrogance of the 21st century! It's true that computing technology of the time was really primitive compared to that of today, but a couple of things have to be considered.

* NASA was at the cutting edge of technology, and if they didn't have it they could buy it. What they had available to them was well in advance of anything else around at the time.
    * It doesn't take much computational power to plot a course to the moon. Ok, maybe you or we couldn't do it, but we're talking Newtonian physics here that can be done on the back of an envelope by any physicists worth their salt.

One of the most commonly quoted 'facts' quoted about 60s technology is that "the modern washing machine has more computational power than the first lander."   This is a questionable fact, but it hardly matters.  It's amazing what you can achieve with primitive computers if you're not worried about fancy user interfaces.    Also, most of what had to be computed in the Apollo missions could be done on Earth and radioed up.   Everything didn't have to be carried on board.

But think of all the modern computing power you need for a flight simulator, and that's not even the real thing!

All the computing power you need in flight simulation programmes you can now buy for your computer is needed to generate the realistic surroundings.  Very little is needed for the actual flying controls.   The Apollo missions didn't need to generate pretty surroundings on a screen, they had the real thing!
Did you read it? Did you read it again? Did you think about it? God...This thread is sucking away my own sanity.
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
SgtSlutter
Banned
+550|6788|Amsterdam, NY

I'm Jamesey wrote:

Gawwad wrote:

Funky_Finny wrote:

GG.
What, WITHOUT photoshop?
IMMPOSIBLE!!111!1!1 inside job, jews did wtc, moon landing hoax, roswell, Gary Coleman
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6640|Gogledd Cymru

They didn't go to the moon dumbasses, Zombie Lincoln staged it all after he raped the crew.

Duh!
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6836|Espoo, Finland

Im_Dooomed wrote:

Funky_Finny wrote:

GG.
Rockets idiot. Rockets. They propel out of the earths atmosphere. DO YOU REALLY THINK that they only had the technology of a CALCULATOR in the APOLLO MISSIONS? /FACEPALM

Your idiocy I hate to say, is starting to piss me off. And I have no shred of respect for you at all. Sorry. I won't even bother to write up my own response in reply to your complaint their technology wasn't sophisticated enough. I'll just quote this again:

Could 60s/70s Technology have made it to the moon?  Did they have good enough computers and stuff?

Oh, the arrogance of the 21st century! It's true that computing technology of the time was really primitive compared to that of today, but a couple of things have to be considered.

* NASA was at the cutting edge of technology, and if they didn't have it they could buy it. What they had available to them was well in advance of anything else around at the time.
    * It doesn't take much computational power to plot a course to the moon. Ok, maybe you or we couldn't do it, but we're talking Newtonian physics here that can be done on the back of an envelope by any physicists worth their salt.

One of the most commonly quoted 'facts' quoted about 60s technology is that "the modern washing machine has more computational power than the first lander."   This is a questionable fact, but it hardly matters.  It's amazing what you can achieve with primitive computers if you're not worried about fancy user interfaces.    Also, most of what had to be computed in the Apollo missions could be done on Earth and radioed up.   Everything didn't have to be carried on board.

But think of all the modern computing power you need for a flight simulator, and that's not even the real thing!

All the computing power you need in flight simulation programmes you can now buy for your computer is needed to generate the realistic surroundings.  Very little is needed for the actual flying controls.   The Apollo missions didn't need to generate pretty surroundings on a screen, they had the real thing!
Did you read it? Did you read it again? Did you think about it? God...This thread is sucking away my own sanity.
Maybe if I'll quote it he'll consider reading.
You never know.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6597|Chicago, IL

Gawwad wrote:

Im_Dooomed wrote:

Funky_Finny wrote:

GG.

Maybe if I'll quote it he'll consider reading.
You never know.
Double quote for truth.

seriously people, do we have to go to the moon and bring back the flag to prove it to you?  Or can you accept an overwhelming load of scientific facts as proof enough?
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6805

It's hopeless. Ignorant people with their heads up their asses will never learn. In fact, some people are so in love with their conspiracy theories that they probably don't want to learn and refuse to examine any information that proves them wrong (just look at religion, for one). Might as well give up and move on to the next topic...

9/11 was staged by the same guy on the grassy knoll! Oswald is innocennnnnnnnnnnt!
Freke1
I play at night... mostly
+47|6698|the best galaxy
There are still some questions that haven't been answered:

1. Why is there no rocket noise when the astronauts speak? The rocket produce 150dB roar.
2. How could they survive the radiation? (they needed a thick lead shield, I believe).

Has anyone any answers to these questions?
https://bf3s.com/sigs/7d11696e2ffd4edeff06466095e98b0fab37462c.png
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6893|FUCK UBISOFT

mtb0minime wrote:

It's hopeless. Ignorant people with their heads up their asses will never learn. In fact, some people are so in love with their conspiracy theories that they probably don't want to learn and refuse to examine any information that proves them wrong (just look at religion, for one). Might as well give up and move on to the next topic...

9/11 was staged by the same guy on the grassy knoll! Oswald is innocennnnnnnnnnnt!
every political assasination in the last 200 years was commited by the fashion industry.

OH SNAP.
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6756|Greenwood, IN

Freke1 wrote:

1. Why is there no rocket noise when the astronauts speak? The rocket produce 150dB roar.
2. How could they survive the radiation? (they needed a thick lead shield, I believe).

While I can't answer #1 I think I know the answer to #2.  Those suits they were DO provide protection from radiation.  But they get a much larger amount than a normal person would get here on earth.  Its something like 10,000 xrays for every space walk they take.  Over a short period of time it won't hurt them, its if they stayed out there for more than 2-3 days it would start to build up.  Look up space walking today very simlar suits as far as protection goes.
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6281|North Tonawanda, NY

S.Lythberg wrote:

seriously people, do we have to go to the moon and bring back the flag to prove it to you?  Or can you accept an overwhelming load of scientific facts as proof enough?
But his brother told him it was impossible!!!  Duh!
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6893|FUCK UBISOFT

Brizzzer wrote:

Freke1 wrote:

While I can't answer #1 I think I know the answer to #2.  Those suits they were DO provide protection from radiation.  But they get a much larger amount than a normal person would get here on earth.  Its something like 10,000 xrays for every space walk they take.  Over a short period of time it won't hurt them, its if they stayed out there for more than 2-3 days it would start to build up.  Look up space walking today very simlar suits as far as protection goes.
We watched a movie on the moon landing in science a week or so ago.

I think it said they could only stay out for 6 hours.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6805

To answer Freke's first question:

There's no sound in space! The rockets are outside the ship, making all the noise. The astronauts are inside the ship talking. Sound travels via waves passing through molecules in the air by vibrating them. In space there are no molecules of air, so the rockets don't make any noise.
DeathBecomesYu
+171|6330
Funny thing about conspiracy nut jobs.....they want you to prove their "theories"  wrong instead of presenting ANY cold hard evidence of the contrary. His OP is a perfect example...telling us to prove him wrong when in fact, he should be providing proof. There is a ton of knowledge that states that men have been to the moon, where is proof that it didn't happen? Proof!! Not conjecture or theory!!!

We currently have two space crafts that have exited our solar system....way, way out there and we have two rovers that continue to explore Mars well beyond their expected life span. Every planet except Pluto has been visited either by a probe or picture taking spacecraft. Even one probe was sent to the surface of one of the giant planet's moon. We now have a space craft headed towards Pluto and should arrive, if I recall around 2015. Remember that the 2 Voyager space crafts were launched long ago, not long after the moon landings.

So are all these crafts fake, all the countries involved, all the scientists involved, all the probes, pictures...etc, etc. are fake? Basically that is what the OP is saying when he talks about large vehicles being sent into space and how precise they are. Think about the precision it took to "swing" some of these crafts out to our outer solar system to end up in orbit around Saturn and Jupiter so we could take pictures for however long these crafts withstand space.

Seriously, give credit where credit is due. These things are happening, have happened and will continue to happen.
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6676|South Florida

Funky_Finny wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

Funky should start his own thread instead of continuing with the lunar landing argument.
We didn't go!
Prove me wrong, and I shall deftly reject your argument and respond with an anti-argument if there is such a thing
Your right. You (Scotland) didnt go. We (America) went. Then probly some others but we should own the moon, finders keepers, gtfo
15 more years! 15 more years!
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|6112|Washington DC
I can't believe this kid is serious.

If you're serious then just an hero, you're as delusional as people who don't believe in evolution or gravity
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia

Freke1 wrote:

1.  Sound is a longitudinal wave, which requires a medium to propagate in.  In vacuum, there is no atmosphere, thus no medium for them to propagate in, so soundwaves cannot exist.  Therefore, no sound.

2.  Radiation:  A good portion of the suns radiation could be shielded passably by the space suit.  They will get a larger dose of radiation than people on Earth (obviously).  Much of the radiation would also be shielded by the space craft hull when they were in that.
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6836|Espoo, Finland

SenorToenails wrote:

Freke1 wrote:

1.  Sound is a longitudinal wave, which requires a medium to propagate in.  In vacuum, there is no atmosphere, thus no medium for them to propagate in, so soundwaves cannot exist.  Therefore, no sound.

2.  Radiation:  A good portion of the suns radiation could be shielded passably by the space suit.  They will get a larger dose of radiation than people on Earth (obviously).  Much of the radiation would also be shielded by the space craft hull when they were in that.
I'm not sure but I remember that they didn't quite understand what to expect on the trip.
They didn't for example have sufficient protection against solar winds but luckily they didn't encounter them either.
Again, I'm not sure if I remember right
Wraith
+30|6730
The thing that I find most laughable (apart from the sheer pigheaded unwillingness to accept scientific fact from highly qualified sources over their nutjob brothers/friends/psychics "information"), is the fact that these conspiracy theorists believe the American government can cover up something this huge and yet they can't even cover up the fact that Clinton got his cock sucked by Monica Lewinsky.

Think about it, moon landings (hundreds / thousands of people involved) or Clinton's blow job (two people involved).  Which of these is going to be easier to hide?
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia

Gawwad wrote:

I'm not sure but I remember that they didn't quite understand what to expect on the trip.
They didn't for example have sufficient protection against solar winds but luckily they didn't encounter them either.
Again, I'm not sure if I remember right
You are right.  The sun can eject extremely high energy particles and photons and the shielding required to block all of those is immense, which requires more than can be reasonably transported on the shuttle.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6597|Chicago, IL

Wraith wrote:

The thing that I find most laughable (apart from the sheer pigheaded unwillingness to accept scientific fact from highly qualified sources over their nutjob brothers/friends/psychics "information"), is the fact that these conspiracy theorists believe the American government can cover up something this huge and yet they can't even cover up the fact that Clinton got his cock sucked by Monica Lewinsky.

Think about it, moon landings (hundreds / thousands of people involved) or Clinton's blow job (two people involved).  Which of these is going to be easier to hide?
lol, I was just discussing that fact, the government can't cover up things as small as the lewinsky scandal or the watergate break in, yet people seem to think they can hide a faked moon landing, secret assassinations, and controlled demolitions.
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6479

OK IM TURING THIS THREAD AROUND. INSTEAD OF US INTELLGENT PEOPLE HAVING TO ANSWER TO THESE IDIOTS, THEY HAVE TO ANSWER TO US.

First lets observe, MOON ROCKS:

https://klabs.org/richcontent/MAPLDCon02/exhibits/rock1_medium.jpg
http://klabs.org/richcontent/MAPLDCon02 … n_rock.htm

Apollo astronauts brought 841 pounds of Moon rock home to Earth. So, you tell me, did NASA go to the Moon to collect a bunch of props for a staged Moon landing set here on Earth?

WHAT DO YOU GOT TO SAY ABOUT THAT U CONSPIRACY THEORISTS??
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6619

topal63 wrote:

My grandfather worked on the space-fake movie lot. He said it was all faked, but alas he's dead now.
My grandfather was Cyborg-pirate-ninja Jesus.

He lead the Lumberjack rebelion that toppled the evil empire of Xuuz.

Last edited by DoctaStrangelove (2008-02-21 16:58:29)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard