SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6179|North Tonawanda, NY

Funky_Finny wrote:

The dust could have been computer generated. Obviously the scientists working on the hoax would have been intelegent enough to figure out the behaviour of dust in space.
Because we all know about the massive video editing skills that computers had in 1969.  Get real.

Funky_Finny wrote:

The flag (from what I remember) continues to wave throughout the video. The kinetic energy created by placing the flag into the ground/moon/set would eventually dither out. Also, it takes an iregular fluttering, not a constant wave.
What would cause it to die out quickly?  Friction?  Oh wait -- No atmosphere.  It would mean that mechanical friction would have to stop the oscillations, so it would take longer.

Funky_Finny wrote:

I am quite good with photography, so I know a good bit about shutter speeds and appatures. Have you ever seen a picture taken at night of someone on earth? I've taken many pictures where the object is bright and stars still show. I'll look for an example when I can be arsed.

Moonhoax wrote:

Why can't you see the stars in the photographs on the moon?

There's really no different between the sky on the Moon and the sky during day time on Earth.  The fact that the sky on Earth is blue because of the atmosphere and it is black on the Moon makes no difference.   You cannot see stars during the day.

The lunar surface is very bright.  Brighter than the brightest day in the hottest part of the world.  This is obvious when you think about it.  There are no atmosphere or clouds on the moon.   In comparison to this bright surface, the stars are very dim. 

It is very difficult to get a photograph of a very dim object and a very bright object at the same time.  If you set the camera to take a photograph of the bright object (using a fast exposure) you won't capture the dim object at all.  If you set the camera to take a picture of the dim objects, then the bright objects will appear as very fuzzy and over-exposed blobs.

The cameras and films the Apollo missions took with them were also designed to photograph activities on the moon's surface.  They were not designed to take photographs of the stars.   It doesn't mean the stars weren't there, just that the photographs did not capture them.   The exposures were set to work with the brightly light surface and astronauts.
Moonhoax
Smells Like Muff
+6|6158

Funky_Finny wrote:

The flag (from what I remember) continues to wave throughout the video. The kinetic energy created by placing the flag into the ground/moon/set would eventually dither out. Also, it takes an iregular fluttering, not a constant wave.

Funky_Finny wrote:

I am quite good with photography, so I know a good bit about shutter speeds and appatures. Have you ever seen a picture taken at night of someone on earth? I've taken many pictures where the object is bright and stars still show. I'll look for an example when I can be arsed.
I got it!  You are one of those "Self-taught" physicists aren't you?  LOL
HudsonFalcon
+20|5980|New York
We were in fact on the moon six times.

In addition to the six American flags left by the Apollo missions there is a laser retroreflector left behind by Apollo 11 that is still used to this day to measure and monitor the distance between the Earth and the Moon.
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6782|St. Andrews / Oslo

Varegg wrote:

Right-O - enough is enough, no more flaming - stay on topic!
lol, thank god it's only temporary
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6640|Reisterstown, MD

Gawwad wrote:

Why?
I never understood why some people want to write b color=green b color=green in their every post...
Because I like the color.  It doesn't bother me to have to type the code over and over again.  I am quite use to it and the fact that I type almost 100 WPM makes it easier as well.

Last edited by killer21 (2008-02-21 06:32:19)

SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
This is an interesting article.
It brings up the origin of moon rocks.
Even if scientists wanted to make something like a Moon rock by, say, bombarding an Earth rock with high energy atomic nuclei, they couldn't. Earth's most powerful particle accelerators can't energize particles to match the most potent cosmic rays, which are themselves accelerated in supernova blastwaves and in the violent cores of galaxies.

Indeed, says McKay, faking a Moon rock well enough to hoodwink an international army of scientists might be more difficult than the Manhattan Project. "It would be easier to just go to the Moon and get one," he quipped.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6731|Disaster Free Zone
Aside from the "if we actually did go to the moon".

What is so unbelievable about the thought that we actually did do it, or the possibility that it could be done.
It's no secret people have been in to space, we had the rockets and technology capable of going, so why is the 'fact' so hard to accept? What part about walking on the moon seems so far fetched, that requires you to not believe the widely accepted official reports?
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6878|Grapevine, TX

Funky_Finny wrote:

We didn't go!
Prove me wrong, and I shall deftly reject your argument and respond with an anti-argument if there is such a thing
https://www.yorktownsailor.com/yorktown/maggot2.jpg seriously why dont you read? You are wrong. Period. Good day.
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6539|Gogledd Cymru

Most retarded thread in a long time.
SgtSlutter
Banned
+550|6687|Amsterdam, NY

The Sheriff wrote:

Most retarded thread in a long time.
jay_courage
Alive in a sea of mediocre
+131|6008|Carnoustie
ohhhh don't the Americans love themselves so huggy buggy much that they are willing to defy common sense just so they don't lose face, just remember fuckwits the best con in the world was Hitler making everyone think he was German, if some Austrian goon can do that I'm pretty sure NASA can mess with the "smart" people of America into thinking that we could go to the surface of the moon with no more computer power than that of a basic calculator.
I Friggin Love The Nhs
SgtSlutter
Banned
+550|6687|Amsterdam, NY

jay_courage wrote:

ohhhh don't the Americans love themselves so huggy buggy much that they are willing to defy common sense just so they don't lose face, just remember fuckwits the best con in the world was Hitler making everyone think he was German, if some Austrian goon can do that I'm pretty sure NASA can mess with the "smart" people of America into thinking that we could go to the surface of the moon with no more computer power than that of a basic calculator.
https://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/b/ba/Sadjesus.png
robcr9
+111|6030

jay_courage wrote:

LoL a fellow Carnoustian for Finny

Last edited by robcr9 (2008-02-21 08:37:48)

Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6539|Gogledd Cymru

jay_courage wrote:

You have to get a mate to log on and argue for you now finny?
Also, l2logic.
SgtSlutter
Banned
+550|6687|Amsterdam, NY

jay_courage wrote:

This isn't a line to a roller coaster, faggot.
robcr9
+111|6030

jay_courage wrote:

lol

are we still quoting this guy?

Last edited by robcr9 (2008-02-21 08:38:41)

SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia

jay_courage wrote:

Not too smart, are ya?
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6758|England. Stoke

HudsonFalcon wrote:

We were in fact on the moon six times.

In addition to the six American flags left by the Apollo missions there is a laser retroreflector left behind by Apollo 11 that is still used to this day to measure and monitor the distance between the Earth and the Moon.
Mr Caek
You will be baked, and then there will be cake.
+12|6049|Lincoln, UK
What is the fucking point of faking to go to the moon anyway, the government is not THAT fucked yet.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6049|...
Funky, No. Just no. Out of the replies I can't determine wether you're just joking or being dead serious.

Kinetic energy takes quite the time to fade when you're in an area like the moon. With that I really do mean, quite a time. Tell me, how do you computer generate real looking dust in the 1960's, how? Did NASA manage to get their hands on vegas movie maker and photoshop?

And, the flag is not rly fluttering: Tell me, why - if there would be wind beforehand, WHY is the flag not fluttering AT ALL when the man lets the pole go and walks over to the camera:

The camera was most likely set up beforehand, I doubt that Armstrong's famous line "This is a small step for man, but a giant leap for mankind" was thought up on the spot, but probably scripted. To give it a better feel, i'm certain they would've set up the spot a bit.

Your high grades don't mean shit. I don't know what kind of education you follow but over here it makes a huge difference which of the four you're doing.

Even so, you lack the initiative to go and think logically about the whole situation, and investigate for yourself. Not everything written is true, and if you were really as smart as you would like to make yourself believe, you would know this.

more: their movement is pretty unrealistic to copy if you would be on earth. Especially with the heavy space suits you wouldn't be able to jump and hop like that.

Last edited by dayarath (2008-02-21 08:59:27)

inane little opines
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6518

jay_courage wrote:

thats a load of malaraakarakrakrarararIARAKAIRARIA WHY ARE MY LETTERS BIG?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6811

AG_Huffer wrote:

coke wrote:

killer21 wrote:

It is common knowledge that the moon landing was faked.  Not saying it was faked but many people believe it was.
Many people also believed that the Earth was flat...
Hey 1 in 5 adult Americans think the sun orbits the Earth.  And they voted for Bush......twice. LOL
proof?  or did you just feel like looking retarded?
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6734|Espoo, Finland
Oh man, this is still going...
It's pointless to try to prove this to Funky, he won't belive anything but the conspiracy.
When he gets a bit older he'll most likely figure it out him self.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6694

DeathUnlimited wrote:

It was the US not scots.

Hypothetically you are right.
he meant to say we as humans and that the U.S. faked the whole thing I wouldn't be surprised.
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6571

SgtSlauther wrote:

jay_courage wrote:

This isn't a line to a roller coaster, faggot.
qft bro

i don't know what i would do if it weren't for people like slutter to keep me sane

Last edited by ig (2008-02-21 10:08:46)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard