02fxnmaurer
+75|6482|Birmingham UK
amazin maps ...with stunnin graphics ...tht will blow us away ....

better voip...the bf2 one was buggy and annoyin ....

customisable people etc ...

more realistic maps ...with less city brawls....

full on entry to all buildings ...like in the palace on warlord...

fully destuctible environments...with artillery tht shatters through buildings etc.

new game modes....i.e. something introducing the launch of warheads etc on opposition ..like in 2142....but more realistic..

support for 5.1 surround sound regardless of sound card etc (like in company of heroes etc)

a lot more corporation of the british and american themes the inclusion of few guns and terrible british accents in sas sf maps were awful
elite3444
The other kid
+24|6636|USA
i think they should have a game thats like a better PR

PR is what I and i know many others think this....how BF2 shouldve been made
<SharpShot>
chronic gamer
+17|6319|Canadia

S.Lythberg wrote:

moar hax
hear hear
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6551|Scotland
Perfect hitboxes.
Everything balanced.
Extra time taken to make patches, we would rather wait for a patch than have one rushed and ruin the game.
Customisable stuff like COD 4 with the guns, but maybe for the players aswell. Skin colour, Different clothes/helmets etc
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6148|San Antonio, Texas

elite3444 wrote:

i think they should have a game thats like a better PR

PR is what I and i know many others think this....how BF2 shouldve been made
Maybe a game mode that's like PR, and EA may even join forces with Black Sand Studios for this special game mode. That'd be sweet. No need to download a huge mod, just updates seperate from the patches.
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6348|Belfast

DrunkFace wrote:

- No IO option
- No revives
- No instant healing
- No wake
- No FF off option
- Join Spec ops and Sniper classes and choose between a sniper rifle or scoped silence carbine.
your a fag
WORST suggestions EVER
stop complaining about bf2
idk if IO Sucks
its well better than getting raped by jets every 10 seconds
so GFTO this forum

on topic:

1) BETTER HITBOXES!!!11

2) Use the Frostbite egine

3) Dont make it the next Crysis

4) More balanced kits

thats it

Last edited by henno13 (2008-02-19 13:50:33)

BigOrangeArmy
Don't tase me, bro!
+12|5995|Dallas

02fxnmaurer wrote:

amazin maps ...with stunnin graphics ...tht will blow us away ....
...But not too good (like not too much hardware). I don't want to have to go out and buy a machine just to play Battlefield 3--Super Crysis-Edition

Last edited by BigOrangeArmy (2008-02-19 13:50:06)

White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6551|Scotland
CSS Looks amazing and doesn't take a super computer to run. It should be like that.

I want the same arcade style shooting from BF2. But with better graphics, perfect hit boxes. And better load times etc.

If they can pull these simpe things off. They will make millions.
Simon
basically
+838|6658|UK
Fix inf hitboxes.
All I want
Snorkelfarsan
Soup Boy
+32|6606|Stockholm, Sweden
I really like the squad based gaming experience in BF2, more of that! And hopefully it will also have evolved in many ways. And then the obvious such as a shit load of new weapons, vehicles, larger maps etc.
aimless
+166|6125|Texas
I know Call of Duty 2 had this but how about an option to switch between directX modes (eg. dx8 or dx9/10)? This would give the people with lower-end computers a more fair chance at playability.

Also, hitboxes.

I think a fully destructable enviroment might be taxing on the server or client sides.
Longbow
+163|6646|Odessa, Ukraine
and please, leave revives. They are make goddamn teamwork...
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6681|Disaster Free Zone

mr. LuxusLexus wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

- No IO option
- No revives
- No instant healing
- No wake
- No FF off option
- Ability to enter every building
- Destructible environment
- Controllable Ships (aircraft carriers, missile cruisers etc)
- Player controlled Arty strikes (non of this commander just pick a spot and click crap)
- 1 hit kill sniper rifles
- Breathing for snipers
- Better warning system of you approaching friendly mines
- Larger flag capture zones
- Larger more versatile maps (ie, large maps which incorporate planes, choppers and boats but also have close quarter urban settings as well)
- Join Spec ops and Sniper classes and choose between a sniper rifle or scoped silence carbine.
- Create a more involved commander job with a command kit which has just 1 basic gun ie. machine pistol.
- Better concealed mines
Pretty much sums up my wishes. Except for the no healing, no revives thing. Resupply, heal is an important part of the game, but there would be nice with some kind of time limit so that nade spamming can be avoided.
Keep the commander element it`s what makes the game brilliant if you ask me.
Bigger mps 128 vs 128 or even bigger?
More balance on air maps. maps like kubra dam is hopless if your not in a jet. more AA.
Most important: better gun sounds.
A more flexible system with regards to user name.
A ranking system that is more obtainable without living and breathing BF 24/7. A more realistic (from the players point of view) ranking system would also decrease the interest for cheating.
The ability to customize weapons.
More unlocks
I didn't say no healing I said no instant healing as in a medic throws a kit on the ground and someone runs over it and instantly heals. It should take time, ie. the medic has to hold the med pack out or you have to stand over a dropped med pack for a while before you get healed.
No revives, because it seriously unbalanced the game.

henno13 wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

- No IO option
- No revives
- No instant healing
- No wake
- No FF off option
your a fag
WORST suggestions EVER
stop complaining about bf2
idk if IO Sucks
its well better than getting raped by jets every 10 seconds
so GFTO this forum
Typical 14 year old, skill less whining bitch response. I'm not complaining about BF2, I'm complaining about the retarded patches they released after they had made a near perfect game, just to pander to the skill less CS converts who couldn't handle a game with some vehicles,. Which I might add is the whole pretence to the Battle Field franchise.
TSI
Cholera in the time of love
+247|5980|Toronto
i liked the muscle cars in Midnight Sun. They were fun. And I think we need some mortars. Oh, and some customizable thingies, like in 2142.
I like pie.
Longbow
+163|6646|Odessa, Ukraine

DrunkFace wrote:

I didn't say no healing I said no instant healing as in a medic throws a kit on the ground and someone runs over it and instantly heals. It should take time, ie. the medic has to hold the med pack out or you have to stand over a dropped med pack for a while before you get healed.
No revives, because it seriously unbalanced the game.
Revives are okay, they just should make them took some time or something like this. + revives are teamwork. After BF2 I cant imagine an fps without revives. It is one of the most revarding thing for a teamworking unit.

Last edited by Longbow (2008-02-19 18:18:37)

mudder
+8|6525
I think it's interesting why some people like DrunkFace wish for "No Wake/Karkand, No IO, No etc". Why does an option effect you? just don't play IO or what ever it is you don't like.  People love those maps/options.  They should be their even if you don't like them.  Why should they take out a map style ie Jet/urban friendly maps because it is not your style?  just play the maps style you like. personally i would hope that they would include all styles of maps.  Fly-boy, Urban, and armour on armour battles, etc. That way every1 has the style they like. 

My wishes...
I would like to see the fighter jets not have bombs. or at least nerf them(fighter jet) against ground targets.  That should be left to the anti ground jets like A-10 and heli's. The fighter should be used to clear the sky's for them.     

Another idea i have had is for Dice to include the community more.  User content.  Obviously we could not have 10 new unlocks a month, balance right out the window!   I was thinking if they would hold a competition each month or so for: map, gun, vehicle, equip, skin etc. they could get much free content and only pay for the labor to incorporate the winners into the system if applicable = bugs and  balance etc.  I don't know its a rough thought, needs work.  Anyway can we get the Russians already!!! i am tired of fighting against their old equipment already.  Lets just get this war started!

Last edited by mudder (2008-02-19 19:10:34)

ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6522
be as playable as bf2 has been for almost 3 yrs
aj0404
It'll just be our little secret
+298|6349|Iowa...

ig wrote:

i wouldn't necessarily call it playable,but it's definitely been fun for 3 years.
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6522

aj0404 wrote:

ig wrote:

i wouldn't necessarily call it playable,but it's definitely been fun for 3 years.
well by playable i mean that i can play it everyday and not really get tired of it. there are a bunch of things wrong with the game, but i've played it for so long that i'm just used to it.
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6148|San Antonio, Texas
Little things that could prove handy:

-When a person alt-tabs or accesses the menu, or they've been idle for some time, they should have AFK next to their name on the leaderboard and in-game.

-Sleeker menu that's instant access while playing.
pj666
+16|6365|Sydney, Australia
There is a BF3 wishlist thread. it is called the 1.5 patch wishlist.

See http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=61132

A lot of what is raised there is valid for BF3. Except changes can be more fundamental with a totally new game.

From what I hear, destructible environment will be part of it.

The training idea is a good one.

The main complaint seems to be hit boxes.

Rumour is BF3 will require Vista to play, which blows big time. That OS chews memory even before you use a hungry game like BF.
clogar
damn ain't it great to be a laxer
+32|5955|Minnesota
so you guys want a completely different game or a patch for bf2? what would bf3 be based on?
oh i know, Battlefield: 500 B.C.
smartdude992
Keep your head down, smart's got a gun
+30|5931|Georgia, US of A

clogar wrote:

so you guys want a completely different game or a patch for bf2? what would bf3 be based on?
oh i know, Battlefield: 500 B.C.
my favorite weapon is the club!!!

I WANT WAKE!!!
skipper2666
Go Canucks Go!
+13|6315|Canada BC

fibtech wrote:

Movable arty

Mortars

Prisoners with rescue options
Prisoners with rescue options? So how does that work?
Freke1
I play at night... mostly
+47|6547|the best galaxy
1. some blood (and guts).
2. a little more realism = more damage when hit + no bunny.
3. MTBS3D approved.
4. The team who coded BF2 should also code BF3.
5. the bullet cracks from Project Reality.
6. no vehicle drop.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/7d11696e2ffd4edeff06466095e98b0fab37462c.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard