Poll

Why are Africa and the Middle East so Fucked Up?

Islam19%19% - 20
Corruption7%7% - 8
Ethnic Hatred15%15% - 16
Wrong Borders5%5% - 6
A combination of factors (pls explain)51%51% - 53
Total: 103
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6728|Argentina
Poverty, starvation, ethnic cleansing, civil wars, etc.

What do you think?  Why are those countries so screwed and is there a solution?
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6780|Nårvei

The white mans exploits, corruption ... to many variables really to narrow it down to just one choice Serge ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6728|Argentina

Varegg wrote:

The white mans exploits, corruption ... to many variables really to narrow it down to just one choice Serge ...
I think it's a combination of factors:
-Corruption
-Bad Education
-Ethnic hatred
-Religion mixing with politics
-Wrong borders
-Poor infraestructure
-Scarcity of resources
-UN
-Nobody giving a fuck
legionair
back to i-life
+336|6594|EU

Borders

That explains civil wars, ethnical cleanings, starvation etc... Also education. They are like animals, they dont know what is human. If the person does belong to a tribe I hate, I have to kill him, his children and if Im lucky enough, all the rest of family so they can not put their goats in "my" plains. And if possible in the most brutal way so everyone fears me!
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6424|The Twilight Zone
A combination of factors: starvation, lack of medicine and Islam as well.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6780|Nårvei

Africa
-Corruption Without doubt, many of the younger African nation struggles with this, poor government
-Bad Education Government priority gone wrong, some African countries however have come a long way
-Ethnic hatred Not a typical African problem, so no
-Religion mixing with politics Not a typical African problem, so no
-Wrong borders Those borders are mainly from the colony days without that being a factor
-Poor infraestructure Again a government priority
-Scarcity of resources Not at all, most have plenty of resources
-UN Tbh ... Africa should be allowed to take care of its own business without to much interference from the UN
-Nobody giving a fuck Partially but not quite

About the ME, to much religion with to much interpretation.
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6622|USA
Serge get back in our conversation and finish that one before you start another...... Or are ya gunna concede that I might have a point?
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6728|Argentina

lowing wrote:

Serge get back in our conversation and finish that one before you start another...... Or are ya gunna concede that I might have a point?
Let's see what people think about it.  While your argument seems pretty coherent, I wouldn't go so far and blame Islam.  Like I said you can't mix any Religion with state and education.  But there's some pattern, yeah.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6622|USA

sergeriver wrote:

lowing wrote:

Let's see what people think about it.  While your argument seems pretty coherent, I wouldn't go so far and blame Islam.  Like I said you can't mix any Religion with state and education.  But there's some pattern, yeah.
As long as you agree with me, I will leave you alone. carry on..
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6622|USA
3 words:

Islam

Islam

Islam
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6591|London, England
Well I don't know about Africa, it's always been the less developed area in the world since civilisation was invented by Dinosaurs. White people aren't to blame. It's not their fault that they progressed and used technology and managed to create empires and that Africans didn't.

I'd say it was Islam that ruined the Middle East though

Then again, Christianity didn't exactly help out Europe either. The continent just got lucky that there were some clever heads around and that they had the whole rennesiance (sp) thing.

Last edited by Mek-Izzle (2008-02-18 08:33:59)

G3|Genius
Pope of BF2s
+355|6597|Sea to globally-cooled sea
islam.  the only reason we care about the middle east and not africa is because the middle east leaders have money from selling oil, whereas in africa they're only a few steps up from shooting poison darts at each other.

Once we get off of petroleum the two regions will be the same.
Ganko_06
Laughter with an S
+167|6615|Camoran's Paradise
Several factors play into this.

Africa:
    -Corruption - a lot of the struggling nations have corrupt leaders (ex: the Congo/Zaire)
    -Warlords - (ex: Somalia) the government is virtually powerless against these men who steal and kill to further their cause

Middle East: -I would have to blame religion.  Too many people there are living in rules that applied in the middle ages. 
                  -Also, Radical Islam (not to me confused with real Islam); twisting the Qua'ran and Islam until it contradicts itself
Metal-Eater-GR
I can haz titanium paancakez?
+490|6243
Religion,and education tbh.
AnaalDuck
Lfc Are Crap
+14|6448|Liverpool, England
Uncivilised peoples , do you see us fucking about with flag burnings and all that shite, do we do that , ney ney and thrice ney i say.
All the conflicts in africa take the piss also with all the tribes they have, they dont help.

Uncivilised...
sgtdude1987
+8|6187|midlands britain
One of the biggest problems in the Mid East (which is a way too vague term) is that they are so rich but have no real experts or professionals.

Nearly all they have has been bought through their oil deals. I'm not saying that this is the only reason and I'm being very general about this. However the people with the money have the oil and don't care about everyone else........ corruption? Western Influence? Their infrastructure sucks! Its all the take, take, take, money, money, money culture that's been introduced to a seemingly childish and selfish group of individuals who have all the control / oil.

As for Africa? I don't think I can be bothered to get into that!
AnaalDuck
Lfc Are Crap
+14|6448|Liverpool, England

sgtdude1987 wrote:

One of the biggest problems in the Mid East (which is a way too vague term) is that they are so rich but have no real experts or professionals.

Nearly all they have has been bought through their oil deals. I'm not saying that this is the only reason and I'm being very general about this. However the people with the money have the oil and don't care about everyone else........ corruption? Western Influence? Their infrastructure sucks! Its all the take, take, take, money, money, money culture that's been introduced to a seemingly childish and selfish group of individuals who have all the control / oil.

As for Africa? I don't think I can be bothered to get into that!
Your spot on there mate.
PureFodder
+225|6256

lowing wrote:

3 words:

Islam

Islam

Islam
So the Christian countries in the south of Africa are fucked up because of Islam?

I go for mass poverty, crushing debt, corruption, colonial influence.

If you go back further and ask why places like sub-Saharan Africa and North America developed slower than Europe and Asia, it's all to do with geography and the biology of the regional plants and animals.
ShowMeTheMonkey
+125|6673
I think it's white mans intrusion. Something that isn't on the list.
Hazril
+5|5968
Africa: Education, poverty, corruption and exploitation by those who can and did.

ME: Narrow-mindedness, literal acceptance and misintepretation of the holy scriptures and poor international media coverage.

something like that...
Steel
on_Target
+65|6288|Sarasota Fl
https://www.churchsupplier.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/media/auto/3311https://www.churchsupplier.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/media/auto/3311https://www.churchsupplier.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/media/auto/3311https://www.churchsupplier.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/media/auto/3311
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6800|Grapevine, TX
I haven't seen any great leaders come out of Africa in a long time... Look there for your answer.
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6078|Birmingham, UK
Ethnic hatred thanks to the invasion of the white man.
FallenMorgan
+53|5884|Glendale, CA
Africa was divided between the Europeans for a hundred years or so.  Some ethnic groups were forced together while others were torn apart.  It also has to do with ethnic issues and also the fact that there isn't really much farming ability in Africa so there's famine.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6439
Europe buttsecksing them from 1500-1948

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard