IG-Calibre
comhalta
+226|6762|Tír Eoghan, Tuaisceart Éireann
Good news! I really really hope & pray that the people of Baghdad get some respite, for a loooooong time, they deserve it cause they really have taken a pounding for decades. As has most of the region there's been a lot of suffering.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6425|North Carolina
If things really are going well in Iraq, then why aren't we discussing a timetable for withdrawal?  Attacks are 80% down?  Well shit, that sounds to me like we don't even have to worry much about terrorists waiting things out for when we leave.

So, if things are as good as some of you are saying they are, Bush needs to put forth his plan for withdrawal.  In fact, he should begin this process fairly soon, right?
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6431|'Murka

Ridir wrote:

I'm supporting the War in Iraq so don't flame me for this, but while the violence in Baghdad is down 80% it's just moved again.  The violence around the country is relatively the same.  Kinda hard when we're fighting a proxy war versus Iran.  Similar to USSR vs USA via Vietnam in the 1960's and 1970's and then the opposite in Afghanistan during the 1980's.  It is very hard to win a war when you can't destroy their supply lines, training, or kill the snake's head.
It has moved and decreased both. Violence country-wide is down significantly. Most of the insurgents--particularly AQI--are now in the Mosul area. They are hurting pretty bad right now.

As to a timetable for withdrawal, that is totally dependent upon the judgment of the commanders in the field, not on Bush. And rightly so. His plan is what it has always been: let the generals in the field tell him when they can leave and not lose the gains that have been made.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6663
rumsfeld?  bremmer?
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6756|Salt Lake City

A gazillion dollars later, war mongering profiteers a whole lot richer, a lot more Iraqis dead, a lot more American soldiers dead, more unrest in the middle east that before this fucking GWB parade started....

Oh yeah, we are winning all right.  Fucking worthless conservatives.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6671|USA

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

A gazillion dollars later, war mongering profiteers a whole lot richer, a lot more Iraqis dead, a lot more American soldiers dead, more unrest in the middle east that before this fucking GWB parade started....

lol
CommieChipmunk
+488|6590|Portland, OR, USA

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

o rly?

As much as I hate the war, and as much as I disagreed with us going there.

This is pretty fucking sweet.  And even though we'll still have to be there for years to come (not to the degree that we are now..), it's nice to see that the soldiers who died didn't die for nothing.
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6736

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

Same boring rhetoric...  You anti war people need to come up with something new...

Iraq is becoming stable... Oh no... what can we complain about now to try and fill our angry empty lives...?
Love is the answer
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6663

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

I dont remember losing shit when I was there 4 years ago.
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6756|Salt Lake City

LOL...I love getting under the skin of neocons.  I just figured I would start posting a bunch of blather, and will continue with blaming the conservatives for everything.  We need some balance to marine, lowing, david.p, and gunslinger blaming the liberals for everything.

Oooooh, now we can claim to be like Fox News, "Fair and Balanced"  ROFLMFAO
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6663

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

LOL...I love getting under the skin of neocons.  I just figured I would start posting a bunch of blather, and will continue with blaming the conservatives for everything.  We need some balance to marine, lowing, david.p, and gunslinger blaming the liberals for everything.

retard, when the fuck do I blame liberals for shit.  read my forum title.   cant believe you called me a conservative, asshole.  dont you have some romney voting to do?

I will never post on this forum again if you could find one reference of me blaming liberals for anything.

Last edited by GunSlinger OIF II (2008-02-19 06:47:51)

oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6539|Πάϊ
February 19, 2008.

was it worth the wait to post this? lol
ƒ³
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6663

oug wrote:

February 19, 2008.

was it worth the wait to post this? lol
lol?  I wish I was in the same Iraq all you people seem to be talking about in 2004.  According to everyone, I lost battle after battle.  I must have been in the wrong country then, because that wasnt the case.
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6756|Salt Lake City

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

retard, when the fuck do I blame liberals for shit.  read my forum title.   cant believe you called me a conservative, asshole.  dont you have some romney voting to do?

I will never post on this forum again if you could find one reference of me blaming liberals for anything.
Sorry, my bad.  I don't blame you for not wanting to be associated with them.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6663
marine aint a conservative either
13rin
+977|6499

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

Fucking worthless evil dictator supporters.

Last edited by DBBrinson1 (2008-02-19 07:05:08)

I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6756|Salt Lake City

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

Fucking worthless evil dictator supporters.
No, that would be the conservatives too.  Remember, they help put these little dictators in office because their brains lack the capacity to learn that these people won't be their lapdogs forever, and causes them to make the same stupid mistakes over and over again.

Conservatives FTL!!!
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6539|Πάϊ

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

lol?  I wish I was in the same Iraq all you people seem to be talking about in 2004.  According to everyone, I lost battle after battle.  I must have been in the wrong country then, because that wasnt the case.
You misunderstood. I never said you lost any battles. I really am in no position to say what you did or didn't do. I was referring to the outcome of the entire war, which sadly is more than all the battles put together.
ƒ³
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6736

oug wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

You misunderstood. I never said you lost any battles. I really am in no position to say what you did or didn't do. I was referring to the outcome of the entire war, which sadly is more than all the battles put together.
How many dead US compared to dead insurgents?
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6663

oug wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

just seeing people LOL and act as if we havent consistently been winning engagements with the insurgency is misleading.   The US won in 2003, its the people of Iraq that have been losing everyday and I see people on this forum think its fuel for humor.
JahManRed
wank
+646|6648|IRELAND

You 'won' when Bush stood on that air craft carrier and said so.

No one is winning anything atm.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6465|The Land of Scott Walker
So what do you think about the attacks being down, Agent?  I know good news from Iraq doesn't fit the mantra, but try real hard.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6575
Winning? Concrete blast walls? What exact kind of society are you trying to create over there? lol

You'll be there for a thousand years. Concrete blast walls....pfft. 30,000 extra troops still haven't put a stop to the suicide bombs and Moqtada Al Sadr's Mehdi Army's six month ceasefire ends this month...
Jepeto87
+38|6705|Dublin

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

I believe there is a precedent to losing a war while winning all the battles. And yes you lost that war when the entire country went red.
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6500|Somewhere else

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

Sadly, there has been alot of immoral monetary gains in Iraq.  But that doesn't determine Winning or Losing. 

But then:

CameronPoe wrote:

Winning? Concrete blast walls? What exact kind of society are you trying to create over there? lol

You'll be there for a thousand years. Concrete blast walls....pfft. 30,000 extra troops still haven't put a stop to the suicide bombs and Moqtada Al Sadr's Mehdi Army's six month ceasefire ends this month...
Good counter point.

I guess it's all a matter of how you look at it.  But, to rebuild a torn nation, it isn't gonna start off pretty.  On one hand, you could say that the country was in better shape with Saddam in power.  On the other, Saddam was oppressive and a murdering tyrant.  Obviously, this cannot be wieghed, either way, In a few "conservative" or "Liberal" paragraphs.

I take this news as a good sign.  Saying "we are winning" can be interpreted in many ways: "when were we losing?", "winning, O RLY?" and such.

The Fact that attacks are down 80% is just plain Good news.

Last edited by RoosterCantrell (2008-02-19 09:59:08)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard