wlater12
+0|6695
Hi,
First time i've ever bothered posting on a forum but i have a question i thought you oh so clever people might be able to help me with. I tried searching the forums for what i was looking for but didn't find it, so sorry if it's there but i tried. Anyway, my issue is with performance of bf2 (and spec forces). I have a geforece 6800GT, amd 64 3400+ and 1.5gigs of ram and yet i can;t run the game with any setting above medium and with AA off. Now surely my rig should be able to cope with better. I was just wondering if anyone had any clues as to why im struggling and how to fix it. Cheers me dears.
wlater12
+0|6695
no santa's little helpers out there then?
schakl
+21|6689
I think your graphic card is to weak. I have a similar PC and also found, that medium is the setting I need. The most ressources are used by the shadows. You should disable them completely.
wooly-back-jack
Jihaaaaaad!!!
+84|6740|England
erm, my spec is pretty similar to yours.
Try the basic stuff, have you updated drivers and directx?
see if your bios is due an update, chipset drivers.
Update windows, do a virus scan, do a spyware scan, Defrag!
Check that you have set your monitor to its max supported refresh rate (right click desktop, properties, settings, advanced, monitor) especially after installing new gfx drivers as it goes back to 60hz.
Try Disableing Anti-Virus and other programs you dont need while gaming before joining a game.

Im on Athlon64 3500+
6800GT
2 x 512mb pc 3200

I run Everything on High but I disable AA (only recently started playing with no AA though)

Also if you goto microsoft/directx (or google it) you will see there is a small update from December (about 46mb)
Hope this helps
Leatherface-TCM
The Saw is Family
+0|6821

wlater12 wrote:

no santa's little helpers out there then?
This should be posted in the Tech section - Mod pls move.

What else do you have on your rig? ie what is running in the background?
Have you defragged your drive?
What resolution are you running?
See here for some info
and here
and Tweak Guide
wooly-back-jack
Jihaaaaaad!!!
+84|6740|England
Also if you have a problem with laglike symptoms at the start of a map, jump in a jeep and have a good drive around the map, this must help you take textures in or something, it certainly performs better with me when I do that if I get graphic-lag
wlater12
+0|6695
Thanx guys.....ill give the suggestions a crack. The screen refresh rate is a slight problem cos the shitty monitor im having to use at the mo will only let me go to 60hz...any higher and i get a black screen. This is a minor prob tho cos once i move back to my house ill have my own monitor back. resolution is 1024 by 768. The problem i've found lately is that after say half an hr ingame it starts to stutter (almost lag like, even tho my ping is V low). Don't know why it's doing this, but i'll do a defrag and see if that helps. Driver wise i have all the latest ones. Thanx again.

p.s. sorry for putting this thread in the wrong area of forum. Thought it should go into help section as i was asking help...didnt notice there was a specific tech help forum aswell.

p.p.s. sorry one last question...what exaclty is the point of the new directx download? Is it actually neccesary/make any difference?

Last edited by wlater12 (2006-01-03 11:52:53)

wooly-back-jack
Jihaaaaaad!!!
+84|6740|England
try the razzing around in a jeep thing!
do at least a lap of the map if you can...you might get a few roadkills on teh way too heh

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard