smartdude992
Keep your head down, smart's got a gun
+30|5933|Georgia, US of A
I've been trying to upgrade my peripherals, i got everyting either done or on the way except the keyboard, do i really need a gaming keyboard, and if yes which one is good?
smartdude992
KARMA for helpful answers
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6708|67.222.138.85
No, G15

It's not a necessity, but it is very nice. The lights are pretty in the dark (and a necessity I would imagine if you aren't a touch typist) the macros keys are very, very useful if you decide to use them and there are nice apps for the screen.
clogar
damn ain't it great to be a laxer
+32|5957|Minnesota
logitech g15 is a good one, but i don't think you absolutely need one. i just use the one that came with my computer.
smartdude992

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

No, G15

It's not a necessity, but it is very nice. The lights are pretty in the dark (and a necessity I would imagine if you aren't a touch typist) the macros keys are very, very useful if you decide to use them and there are nice apps for the screen.
i can't really think of anything that macros would be good for on a keyboard...it seems better for rts and rpgs, not so much for fps's, which is all i play
Yaocelotl
:D
+221|6652|Keyboard
You don't need it, but people tend to recommend the Logitech G11 and the G15

Last edited by Yaocelotl (2008-02-13 20:21:43)

White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6553|Scotland
G15

Well worth it.

The £50 I paid is worth it for the pretty blue lights and the screen to the show time lol.
SineNomine
Panzerblitz
+37|6724|SPARTA
the g15 is cool but my personal choice was the razer tarantula. big keys, not much in height like the g15. you will always hit what  want. and with a smoothness........what a nerd i am
Yellowman03
Once Again, We Meet at Last
+108|6236|Texas

smartdude992 wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

No, G15

i can't really think of anything that macros would be good for on a keyboard...it seems better for rts and rpgs, not so much for fps's, which is all i play
it's not necessarily for gaming...you can use the keys to launch applications. there's a switch that alternates between different sets of the "g" keys. if you can memorize which key corresponds with which app...it can save some time and clicking.
RandomSchl
|\/|€|\/|߀|2
+52|6445|California
not worth it. The only reason I would think you would need a high end keyboard is if it has a layout you really like or need. But all you basically need for fps's pretty much is the WASD keys and the ones around it and a mouse.
462nd NSP653
Devout Moderate, Empty Head.
+57|6686
I have a Saitek that I like. Various eye-candy colors but other than that...seems to be a regular keyboard.
AAFCptKabbom
+127|6660|WPB, FL. USA
ZBoard!
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6708|67.222.138.85

Yellowman03 wrote:

smartdude992 wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

No, G15

it's not necessarily for gaming...you can use the keys to launch applications. there's a switch that alternates between different sets of the "g" keys. if you can memorize which key corresponds with which app...it can save some time and clicking.
Yep. For example, my first six keys are bound to:

Firefox
Winamp
Steam
Teamspeak
Xfire
AIM

and things like that are very useful. I also have games bound to some of them, one that I can reach with my pinky is scroll lock + x for xfire in-game, and two others that I can reach in-game I bound to F9 and F10 to change views in BF2.

So if you are prepared to put some forethought into it and about a week of getting used to it, the keys can be very helpful.
[email protected]
+28|6226
Zboard if you're open to change in layout of keys. Works wonders for me.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6539|Long Island, New York
G15, no doubt whatsoever. I have it and don't regret getting it whatsoever.
Yaocelotl
:D
+221|6652|Keyboard
The dude promised karma, I don't see nothing

PINCHE CABRON
il.laureato
+1|5946
I currently use a Saitek Eclipse, but I'll be adding the Tarantula to my new build.  Most comfortable keyboard I've used, and I've never been disappointed with Razer's products.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6495|N. Ireland
Macros keys are great on a G15 I have one, and I would recommend it.
']['error
Banned
+630|6646|The Netherlands

kylef wrote:

Macros keys are great on a G15 I have one, and I would recommend it.
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
+394|6488|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)
I have the Zboard Merc keyboard and its great. But they just put out one with a back light which I might get.
avman633
+116|6366
I don't think you need one, I just use the Sony VAIO keyboard that came with my comp and it works well.
smartdude992

SgtHeihn wrote:

I have the Zboard Merc keyboard and its great. But they just put out one with a back light which I might get.
hmmm....i'll have to think about it
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6553|Scotland
G15 G15 G15 G15 G15 G15 G15 G15 G15 G15 G15 G15 G15 G15 G15 G15
smartdude992

White-Fusion wrote:

G15 G15 G15 G15 G15 G15 G15 G15 G15 G15 G15 G15 G15 G15 G15 G15
quite strong opinion,,,
White-Fusion