Pierre
I hunt criminals down for a living
+68|6674|Belgium
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6840|Cologne, Germany

lowing wrote:

I post about Islam because everything you all say is shown in article after article to be false.

Here is the thing, I am not inventing this shit, it is already written, by people a hellova lot more "in the know" than any of us.
I have even posted a site where the articles were written by ex-Muslims, and their real life experiences and these are dismissed.

My number one priority for our country is national security. Nothing else matters without it. I firmly believe that the encroachment of this religion  int our societies will make national security a very tough thing to maintain. You all admit that we are fighting an ideal. I agree and that ideal is a disease  spread by this religion. I have been told, or shown nothing that convinces me otherwise.

I am agnostic by the way
well, I really appreciate your concern, and you are certainly entitled to your opinion, but regardless of what a newspaper article here and there says, most of us europeans do not have the impression that islam is a danger to our way of life, culture, laws, etc.

At least that's what I can draw from the comments made here, and my own experience. And I live near Cologne, a city in germany that has around 120,000 muslims out of a total population of about a million. Do they bother me ? not a bit. Are they a threat to our way of life, or culture, or laws ? Hell no. The young muslims I know would much rather sit in front of their playstations, drive around in shitty pimped cars, and hang around at street corners, much like the rest of the kids, regardless of their ethnical or religious background. these people don't even vote.
Let's put it this way: out of a total number of 613 MP's in the current german Bundestag ( lower house of parliament ), 4 - I repeat, 4 - are of muslim faith. That's how much political weigth islam carries in germany...

Furthermore, from this thread: http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pi … 7#p1894017

B.Schuss wrote:

well, let us hear it. Because all I have heard from you ( David P.), lowing, FEOS and the like so far is complaining and bickering.

What's the solution ? Genocide obviously isn't an option, neither are concentration camps. Immigration laws are such that you cannot deny any group of persons immigration solely based on their religion. Freedom of religion is an important part of the US Bill of Rights and all major western constitutions, let alone applicable anti-discrimination laws.

And what to do about those muslims that have US or EU citizenship ? Those are our fellow citizens...

Come on, gentlemen, let's hear it. If everything you are warning us about is true, what are your suggestions ?
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6809|NÃ¥rvei

This is getting pathetic lowing ... of course we are influenced by the Islamic religion and arab culture like we are influenced by Christianity and all other religions that are being practiced around Europe - same goes for Asian culture, US culture, African culture and even Oseanic culture ... unlike the US Europe is a blend of many cultures and religions that also is able to coexist at a reasonable level.

This may strike you as a big surprice even though it has been posted repeatably: We have a much greater Islamic populace in Europe than in the US and still we don't see this as a problem or a threat.

And lowing ... when did one European newspaper reflect the entire believes of the European populace ?
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
David.P
Banned
+649|6273
Ah fuck it. I'm too tired of fighting, I join the Hypocrits side! For Allah and His glorious snackbar! Islam is a religion of peace! We'll kill you for not believing it! Nambla is just a misunderstood member group of glaad! I'm against totalitarianism! Unless it's by my group onto those who disagree with us!  And What else do they say? Oh yeah! I'm a dirty smelly low life cultureless hippy who attaches himself to these causes for fulfillment of his own personal void and trouble with parents who were conservatives! And i think my higher vocabulary will make people listen to me, If the smell doesn't get them first.

Ah fuck what am i thinking? Being homicidal is too much fun! See ya in the wanted Ad's.

Last edited by David.P (2008-02-14 02:00:53)

^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6737|The Hague, Netherlands

hmm never even heard about this and I live here,

most Dutch care the same amount about Christianity and Islam aka zero procent.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
FlemishHCmaniac
+147|6411|Belgium
The Netherlands is one of the more secular countries in the Western Europe, with only 39% being religiously affiliated (31% for those aged under 35), although 62% are believers (but 40% of those not in the traditional sense). Fewer than 20% visit church regularly
Most religious Dutchies are Protestant, not Roman Catholic. If you read up on the history of the Netherlands you will find that the Southern Netherlands which became Belgium was predominantly Catholic while the Northern part was Protestant.

So let's see, a small religious amount of Dutch citizens of which a small amount is Roman Catholic and you're surprised that more people know about Ramadan than of Lent? Damn, I was raised as a Roman Catholic and even I have never heard of Lent... OMG EURABIA!!11!
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6620|London, England

David.P wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

David.P wrote:

5. Allah Snackbar!
Allah Snackbar and Jesus Pieces...  2 deliciously holy treats...
Blasphemously holy!
The correct word yous two are looking for is "Sacrilicious"

Also, I'm at the hills already

Also, I was drinking fuckin loads of random drinks straight from the bottle, on the London underground train, with my mates and right next to some Muslims - Until that stops because it's against Islam to drink, there aint shit to worry about.
zeidmaan
+234|6414|Vienna

Kmarion wrote:

THE 'EURABIA' MYTH
Great article man. I sometimes joke about that outcome with my fellow immigrants in Austria. I just hope I dont get mistaken for a Muslim like I ALWAYS get

There is a Nazi political party in Russia that openly advocates the extermination of Muslims. They have followers who everyday train for urban combat to be efficient when the day comes. They regularly go around Moscow beating up Muslims and often killing them. Some as young as 10 years. Our future is fucked. Imagine Lowing being drafted in 15 years to help evacuate European Muslims
CameronPoe
+2,925|6554
Muslim Populations:

Poland: 0.01%
Latvia: 0.017%
Slovakia: 0.056%
Lithania: 0.075%
Czech Republic: 0.1%
Hungary: 0.1%
Romania: 0.2%
Portugal: 0.33%
Estonia: 0.4%
Finland: 0.4%
Ireland: 0.49%
Greece: 1.3%
Italy: 1.4%
Luxembourg: 2%
Spain: 2.3%
Slovenia: 2.4%
United Kingdom: 2.7% <-- Spot the Colonial Power
Sweden: 3%
Germany: 3.9% <-- Spot the WWI Ottoman ally
Belgium: 4% <-- Spot the Colonial Power
Austria: 4.2% <-- Spot the WWI Ottoman ally
Netherlands: 5.5% <-- Spot the Colonial Power
France: 6.9% <-- Spot the Colonial Power
Bulgaria: 12.2% <-- Spot the ex-Ottoman colony

Western & Central Europe: 0.4775%

Last edited by CameronPoe (2008-02-14 03:54:56)

JahManRed
wank
+646|6627|IRELAND

One of the guys in my office buys the times............................for the crossword which we do between us. He jokes that he is a Nazi lover, because only the rightest of right wing people read it. And he is right. Its editorials insight and proliferate racial tension in this country IMO.
This story wouldn't even be on my radar or 95% of the countries either.
Its insignificant, just like most of the "Ohh my god the Muslim hordes are coming over the hills to cut off our daughters hands" story's which fill its pages daily. (and this forum it seams)

To give you an Idea. The typical Times/Daily Mail reader, was born with a silver spoon in their mouth and looks down on anyone else who isn't exactly like them. That includes. Black people, Muslims, Women and The French (no complaints there tbh They are the idiots who shout "the immigrants are taking our jobs" while they aren't and its their kind who have been leaching of the working classes for generations.

Lowing, you have a subscription to it don't you? 

You are not going to increase mine or any of the other Europeans on this forums' paranoia about Muslims by constantly dragging up insignificant news stories that only make it to one far right news paper's pages and isn't on TV, or in the hundred other newspapers here.

The Sharia Law thread was good and needed debated and you will get your point across better in a note worthy thread. These are just tiring.

^*AlphA*^ wrote:

hmm never even heard about this and I live here,
Proves my point.

Last edited by JahManRed (2008-02-14 03:27:51)

madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6709|Sweden
I prefer to use my own eyes and ears than reading biase articles. And no i have never in any way felt worried about Islam here.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6650|USA

FlemishHCmaniac wrote:

The Netherlands is one of the more secular countries in the Western Europe, with only 39% being religiously affiliated (31% for those aged under 35), although 62% are believers (but 40% of those not in the traditional sense). Fewer than 20% visit church regularly
Most religious Dutchies are Protestant, not Roman Catholic. If you read up on the history of the Netherlands you will find that the Southern Netherlands which became Belgium was predominantly Catholic while the Northern part was Protestant.

So let's see, a small religious amount of Dutch citizens of which a small amount is Roman Catholic and you're surprised that more people know about Ramadan than of Lent? Damn, I was raised as a Roman Catholic and even I have never heard of Lent... OMG EURABIA!!11!
well, if you are Catholic, and never heard of Lent, I am willing to bet you probably never heard of Europe...you are dismissed
CameronPoe
+2,925|6554

lowing wrote:

well, if you are Catholic, and never heard of Lent, I am willing to bet you probably never heard of Europe...you are dismissed
lol. What a lame retort. Dismissing an entire live Belgian human being...
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6650|USA

B.Schuss wrote:

lowing wrote:

I post about Islam because everything you all say is shown in article after article to be false.

Here is the thing, I am not inventing this shit, it is already written, by people a hellova lot more "in the know" than any of us.
I have even posted a site where the articles were written by ex-Muslims, and their real life experiences and these are dismissed.

My number one priority for our country is national security. Nothing else matters without it. I firmly believe that the encroachment of this religion  int our societies will make national security a very tough thing to maintain. You all admit that we are fighting an ideal. I agree and that ideal is a disease  spread by this religion. I have been told, or shown nothing that convinces me otherwise.

I am agnostic by the way
well, I really appreciate your concern, and you are certainly entitled to your opinion, but regardless of what a newspaper article here and there says, most of us europeans do not have the impression that islam is a danger to our way of life, culture, laws, etc.

At least that's what I can draw from the comments made here, and my own experience. And I live near Cologne, a city in germany that has around 120,000 muslims out of a total population of about a million. Do they bother me ? not a bit. Are they a threat to our way of life, or culture, or laws ? Hell no. The young muslims I know would much rather sit in front of their playstations, drive around in shitty pimped cars, and hang around at street corners, much like the rest of the kids, regardless of their ethnical or religious background. these people don't even vote.
Let's put it this way: out of a total number of 613 MP's in the current german Bundestag ( lower house of parliament ), 4 - I repeat, 4 - are of muslim faith. That's how much political weigth islam carries in germany...

Furthermore, from this thread: http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pi … 7#p1894017

B.Schuss wrote:

well, let us hear it. Because all I have heard from you ( David P.), lowing, FEOS and the like so far is complaining and bickering.

What's the solution ? Genocide obviously isn't an option, neither are concentration camps. Immigration laws are such that you cannot deny any group of persons immigration solely based on their religion. Freedom of religion is an important part of the US Bill of Rights and all major western constitutions, let alone applicable anti-discrimination laws.

And what to do about those muslims that have US or EU citizenship ? Those are our fellow citizens...

Come on, gentlemen, let's hear it. If everything you are warning us about is true, what are your suggestions ?
prudence, awareness, a settting aside of PC and stop NOT engaging in both for fear of A. retailiation, B. hurting someones feelings.

Every one of you say, "oh, this does not affect ME"...well here is the thing, my opinions are covering a little bigger scope than just,YOU.

The internet is full of articles that disagree with all of you, like I said I am not writting these, even ex-muslims are trying to tell you what is happening and has happened with regards to Islam.

you live in a city in Europe where almost 25% are Muslim??  Ya, Europe will be fine.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5998|...
Iowing, you are paranoid. Sorry dude but the past threads you've made are REALLY going over the top. I live here, I know ramadan and didn't know about lent, because a real small amount here is actually roman catholic. Even so, even a smaller amount goes to church. I was raised protestant till I got off from that at about 11 and never heard of lent, simple as that.

The main reason is because Islam is in the news alot more. Also, the children of muslim parents here are oftenly muslim themselves aswell. Ramadan is also known better because the muslim children usually talk about it alot at school. But there's no such thing as Eurabia. I am stunned you could even dare to make such a remark, the muslims population over europe is barely 0.5 percent.

Also, most people are agnostic, not atheistic, but get labelled that way because everyone who's not religious automatically seems to be atheistic. Generally, people don't really follow any religion anymore here, and have their own ideas, and usually keep those to themselves.

And I am a way more credible source if you're going to talk about the dutch population. I hereby say that article is bullshit. Sue me.

Last edited by dayarath (2008-02-14 04:15:08)

inane little opines
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6650|USA

Varegg wrote:

This is getting pathetic lowing ... of course we are influenced by the Islamic religion and arab culture like we are influenced by Christianity and all other religions that are being practiced around Europe - same goes for Asian culture, US culture, African culture and even Oseanic culture ... unlike the US Europe is a blend of many cultures and religions that also is able to coexist at a reasonable level.

This may strike you as a big surprice even though it has been posted repeatably: We have a much greater Islamic populace in Europe than in the US and still we don't see this as a problem or a threat.

And lowing ... when did one European newspaper reflect the entire believes of the European populace ?
never...............when does ANY newspaper reflect the entire beliefs of ANY populace???
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6650|USA

dayarath wrote:

Iowing, you are paranoid. Sorry dude but the past threads you've made are REALLY going over the top. I live here, I know ramadan and didn't know about lent, because a real small amount here is actually roman catholic. Even so, even a smaller amount goes to church. I was raised protestant till I got off from that at about 11 and never heard of lent, simple as that.

The main reason is because Islam is in the news alot more. Also, the children of muslim parents here are oftenly muslim themselves aswell. Ramadan is also known better because the muslim children usually talk about it alot at school. But there's no such thing as Eurabia. I am stunned you could even dare to make such a remark, the muslims population over europe is barely 0.5 percent.

Also, most people are agnostic, not atheistic, but get labelled that way because everyone who's not religious automatically seems to be atheistic. Generally, people don't really follow any religion anymore here, and have their own ideas, and usually keep those to themselves.

And I am a way more credible source if you're going to talk about the dutch population. I hereby say that article is bullshit. Sue me.
I would but ya probably never heard of a law suit.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6554

lowing wrote:

dayarath wrote:

Another tame dismissal, this time of the views and life experiences of an actual Dutch person, i.e. someone who actually lives IN THE NETHERLANDS.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2008-02-14 04:29:42)

CameronPoe
+2,925|6554
I can see it clearly now. Apparently hard-right newspapers picking up on the ramblings of irrelevant people > reality as experienced by real Europeans.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2008-02-14 04:31:51)

FlemishHCmaniac
+147|6411|Belgium

lowing wrote:

Ok, I googled Lent and it turns out that that is the English term for "vasten". I thought Lent was the English term for "lentefeest" which is something entirely different. I think most people over here know vasten but practically nobody celebrates/executes it.

But hey, if you want to continue your little vendetta against islam, go right ahead. It's not like anyone in Europe is bothered by this apart from people like this
https://blogsimages.skynet.be/images_v2/002/509/487/20070216/dyn003_original_420_311_pjpeg_2509487_74e37994d75c8ce2c9838c7670309b0a.jpg
PureFodder
+225|6284
If a Muslim lobby was considered the second most powerful lobbying group in my country I could be a little concerned that they were influencing my country too much.

If my country gave billions of dollars worth of military aid to Muslim countries each year to allow them to carry out mass repression I'd be worried.

If in my country simply pointing out the crimes comitted by Islamic states resulted in wild accusations of being anti-Islamic or a self hating Muslim and could effectively destroy your career, I'd have something to say about that.

If my country gave huge political support to Islamic countries, using veto power to block any resolution that prevented the crimes of Islamic countries from being recognised and stopped I'd share your concern.

As these things are simply not true, then I'm happy to live without worrying about it.

In the UK we take religion extremely seriously. According to the last census the Uk has 1 Jedi knight for every 4.5 Muslims, so you don't have to worry about us Lowing, if it ever comes down to it we'll kick their asses 'Star Wars' style.
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6462|Tyne & Wear, England
Were you this paranoid about Islam before the whole 'war on terror' thing lowing?  It just appears that you are one of those people who seem to have fallen victim to the terrorist's game.  This coupled with typical right wing media propaganda seems to have really gotten to you.

Here in Europe their mission is failing.  Extremists want the western world to hate their fellow, albeit peaceful Muslims, just so that those innocent Muslims feel they have nowhere else to turn, but to the open arms of extremism.  Right wing media is just playing their game, by trying to get us to hate, through the various articles that you post, (articles that I would never come across in my normal life).  We however aren't falling for this.

It is your paranoia driven attitude that extremists want us all to have.
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5998|...

lowing wrote:

dayarath wrote:

1. You're either stupid or just stupid, I live here, the writer of that shitty article is just pulling stuff out of his ass. And you still dismiss me as if he knows it better than I do.

2. A lawsuit is only used in the american law system, I bet I don't need to know what it is but sadly I do, I probably know a hella lot more about your country than you do about mine, or europe in general.

3. You're paranoid, there's no such thing as Eurabia. Most of the muslim population in Europe came here in the colonial age / migrated to our countries shortly after the colonial age. Even so, muslims only make up a real small amount of our society.

4. Muslims are NOT the root of all evil, I live here and peacefully coexist with these people. The problems are the radicals, who usually don't live in our countries. Also, extremism and terrorism seems to be the hype of the last few decades, these are just a bunch of brainwashing assholes using children and young men to achieve their own goals. This has happened alot in history and not only to muslims.

5. You don't live in Europe, this is a multicultural blending pot. Even way more so than America is, we know our situation better than you do. No need to get involved, and certainly no need to throw around nonsense about our situation.

6. Again, you're paranoid. Calm the fuck down and look at the situation rationally. Islamic led countries and the muslims over in the middle east seem to be the total opposite of the muslim people living in my country. There are just as many muslim troublemakers here as there are dutch, but I think they qualify more to the term 'chav' than being muslim extremists trying to dominate europe.
inane little opines
Enzzenmachine
+20|6344
Newspapers aren't the truth, they're just full of lies and propaganda.
PureFodder
+225|6284
It's worth noting that the aim of this was for the Christian group to raise awareness of Lent. By renaming it with an Islamic name they've managed to get right-wing factions to care enough about the issue to get it into the newspaper desperate for anti-Islamic stories.

Awareness of Lent increases, mission acomplished.

Nothing to do with Islam or any Muslims at all.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard