Des.Kmal
+917|6620|Atlanta, Georgia, USA
I've heard all these fantastic dreams my friends have, where the dreams are vivid and almost life like. I can't even imagine this because I dream in black and white, and its almost like the figures are dark silhouettes instead of images, and my dreams never move, like a slideshow almost. Well, sometimes they move, but its slight and I'm in such a trance I don't notice unless I make myself.

Since these stories and whatnot, I have been absolutely fascinated with dreams. My psychology teacher told us about lucid dreams and that made me that much more into dreams and lucid dreaming. I actually intend on finding a university with a field of the dream part of psychology and psychiatry. So tell me, how do you dream? Is it fantastic and life-like color and imagery or do you dream like me, black and white and like picture frames? Or somewhere in between?

(I posted this in D&ST because I thought I'd get more serious answers )
Add me on Origin for Battlefield 4 fun: DesKmal
Brasso
+1,549|6632

stop doing pot

edit: you know im kidding

Last edited by haffeysucks (2008-02-13 14:59:37)

"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Jackabo
+127|6560|Dublin, Ireland
It's as if I'm actually living, colour and full movement. I love my dreams, sometimes in my dream I realise that it's just a dream, when this happens I can do this thing where if I think really hard on something it happens. Like if I want to fly I think about flying and presto!, I'm in the air. Which meanss I can turn any dream into whatever I want. They only happen about once a week tho, Which is why I try to make the most of when I do it. Also you have more of a chance of having a dream if your not really tired when you go asleep, which means your mind is still active
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6623|London, England
My dreams are neither nightmares nor dreams. They just seem like normal life, except it isn't real (and I only notice that when I wake up).

Rarely do I have a dream or something that seems out of the norm. Even if it's good or bad, it's "realistic good" or "realistic bad" - If you get me.

It's actually quite bad as I've actually found it hard to realise whether something that happened to me was a dream or not. Kinda blurs the line between reality and dream too much, it's annoying. I wish my brain put a watermark in the top right corner saying "dream" so I know wtf is going on.
daddyofdeath
A REAL Combat Engineer in the house
+187|6255|UK Bradford W,Yorks. Age 27
I sleep and dream relatively well. But roughly every couple of months I get a bad case of sleep paralysis. I cannot move and an stuck between awake and asleep. More awake than asleep, just cannot move or talk. For about 2-3 minutes this lasts and its scary. Sometimes I see things out of the corner of my eye. People moving, dark silhouettes. Its fucking scary. Then snap,  I'm ok again. Strange eh. I usually dream of good things if I go to bed in a good mood, bad things if I'm in a bad mood, etc etc. Nice topic to talk on this one.

Last edited by daddyofdeath (2008-02-13 15:07:04)

liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6629|UK
This website will probably interest you.

When I dream it is usually complete reenactments of previous events or things that I am planning on doing (mentally) at places I have already been to (i.e. I can visualise the surroundings and my brain makes a story) - sounds, colour, movement, everything. When I do remember my dreams it can, on occasions, almost feel like it wasn't a dream and the dream actually happened.

I can't imagine not dreaming the way I do
commandochristian
Honda - The Power of Dreams
+293|6414|Michigan, USA

Usually, my dreams are in motion, and color.  Sometimes they're very realistic - in fact, just last night I dreamed I drove to see a friend, and I was revving my engine and pulled off a really nice squeal from my tires   Never had the stop-motion/slideshow or black/white dreams.
r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6450

Piss me off, when I wake up and I see my pants wet...
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6447|The Land of Scott Walker
I have vivid dreams or no dreams.  Some are so real that I think it is happening.
jamesb
Joined BF2s in November 2005
+133|6725|Doncaster, England
All my dreams that I remember are like normal waking life.

While trying to stop smoking I used those nicotine patches.
After 2 or 3 weeks I got some seriously bad nightmares.
I mean, really f**king scary dreams.
I am 34 and not much scares me (just my kids in danger).

But with those dreams, I'd wake up covered in sweat, still trying to get away.

Does anyone know what causes it ?
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6622|Mhz

Stingray24 wrote:

I have vivid dreams or no dreams.  Some are so real that I think it is happening.
I'm much the same, thing I've noticed though, no-one ever speaks in my dreams, no idea why, I hear sounds for everything else, but no-one ever says anything, make of that what you will psychology people.
Des.Kmal
What the fuck?

Everyone else at my school said they dreamed in color too. I wonder why I dont.

Its so cool though, dreams and such.

Does anyone know enough to even tell me why I might be dreaming black and white? I still get the mental part of my dreams, just not the visual.
jamesb
Joined BF2s in November 2005
+133|6725|Doncaster, England
Home
Section.80
+447|6849|Seattle, Washington, USA

Yeah, I don't dream in a vivid, lifelike way either. It's just kind of dim and blurry, and they skip around, like if something happens, I won't actually see it, but I know it happened and the rest of my dream takes it into account.
IRONCHEF
+385|6492|Northern California
I get the normal, stereotypical, fully vivid life-like dreams.  I judge my dreams based on my level of consciousness in them...like am I the person that I am now in them (married,kids, living where i live, in the home i have, etc) or if I'm something else.

Other dreams I have, I'm just naked and invisible and sometimes my invisibility disappears and I have to make a run for it!  Those are the fun dreams!

Sometimes, I get the wierd abstract themed dreams with just wierd shapes, sounds, colors, and tones...no life in them, just a bunch of emotions represented by the shapes, sounds,colors, etc...i imagine this to be what dropping acid is like.
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6831|Grapevine, TX
Ahh dreams, one of my favorite things about life. I have always dreamed in color, can feel, touch, smell, taste, but the most wonderful thing that I do in my dreams is fly. I have flown over lakes and cities... post more later
Des.Kmal
A way of explaining my dreams is: I dream like a book, I dont necessarily see the dream, but it happens and I like, decipher it during the dream. Kinding like reading and imagining it.

Weird huh?

Last edited by Des.Kmal (2008-02-13 15:31:20)

Volatile
+252|6706|Sextupling in Empire

Most of my recent dreams start off sort of nightmarish, with crazy people/ shit coming after me. But then I give myself dream hax and start flying and destroying everything in sight.

Lol, the other night I gave myself nano-suit powers from Crysis. That was interesting.

I really need to shut off the PC and go hiking or something.
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6132|North Tonawanda, NY
I can't remember most of them.  The ones I can recall usually bother me.  They aren't nightmares, but they leave me feeling very bothered.
Shem
sɥǝɯ
+152|6529|London (At Heart)

I dream about zombies alot.

Is it weird I really really enjoy them?

I also dream about some dude chasing me around my neighbourhood, thats a recurring one, I always win though.

I had about pokemon once... on a bouncy castle, that was pretty rocking.

I also have really really strange ones where I take some kind of drug and get smacked in my dream and it feels.. odd... Not often I feel things in dreams

Yeah, my dreams officially own, I love sleeping.

Last edited by Shem (2008-02-13 15:39:46)

Des.Kmal
Lol, yeah Shem, that is kinda weird. Are the zombies like... friendly zombies? lol
Ryan
+1,230|6845|Alberta, Canada

I dunno, I have random dreams every night.
Laika
+75|5945
I dream in color and all that good stuff. Its rare that my dreams make complete sense, sometimes who I am with or the setting of my dream will change completely and I wont even notice. Its also rare that I have lucid dreams, but when I do have them, its awesome.

And yeah sleep paralysis is scary. Ive only had it once but it is such a weird experience. At first you keep trying to move but then you realize you cant and its just like WTF?!
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
+343|6711|Charlie One Alpha
I had the weirdest as shit dream once....

I was at high school (I guess my dream also warped me back in time) and suddenly I *knew* there was a vampire invasion going on. I was like OMG VAMPIRES RUN and apparently the whole school heard me or something because everybody was running n shit. I suddenly had a gun. I had to get out and I started running too. I figured out this way to find out if someone was a vampire, I would point the gun in their face and yell BANG. If they flinched, they were a vampire and I shot them in the face.

Yeah. Because a normal person would never flinch if you shoved a gun in their face and yelled BANG. No, only vampires flinch. In that dream I guess I murdered about fifteen kids thinking they were vampires. Bloody brilliant.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6465|Tyne & Wear, England
My dreams can be totally random and not make much sense at all, for example one minute I might be in the Amazon Rainforest, and within a second I'm in the Sahara Desert, on the other hand they can seem totally like normal life.  Sometimes I have dreams that are very vague and jump around a lot but most of the time they are vivid.

One strange thing with me is that when I dream I'm usually fully aware that it's a dream, even if it seems like an every day thing.  I'm also often able to control what happens in my dreams which can be really fun sometimes.

Wierd shit, the human mind is truly an amazing thing.
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard