siciliano732
+202|6674|New York
Ok, is there a program out there that allows you with 2 monitors to AIM on one screen and be gaming on the other?  I think that would be amazing, and i know there are things like xfire and what not but, i dont need my gf getting xfire, seeing im gaming and all that...i game to get away from her...lol.

ANYWAY!...seriously though, anyone know of any programs like this that works with AIM?
avman633
+116|6390
doesn't the aim program dock on the side of the screen?
siciliano732
+202|6674|New York

avman633 wrote:

doesn't the aim program dock on the side of the screen?
what do you mean? when im in game all i see is the game...nothing else.  Im looking for something that will allow me to talk on AIM and game at the same time either on the same monitor without having to alt+tab or on a second monitor.
r00ts
xD
+81|6568|Netherlands
http://xfireplus.com/page.php?23
this works for msn.. dunno if it works for AIM
siciliano732
+202|6674|New York

r00ts wrote:

interesting...if there is something out there like that for AIM that would be perfect.
PluggedValve
+17|6365
ventrilo??
siciliano732
+202|6674|New York

PluggedValve wrote:

ventrilo??
no im tryin to talk to my gf on aim or anyone else on aim without having to ALT+TAB all the time.

Some that combined an xfire and a ventrilo would be awesome...where you could maybe have a button while your in game bring up your AIM window...basically XFIRE but that works with AIM.
Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6666|Your moms bedroom
my AIM takes up to much RAM so it gets the shitcan whenever i want to play anyways
r00ts
xD
+81|6568|Netherlands

siciliano732 wrote:

r00ts wrote:

interesting...if there is something out there like that for AIM that would be perfect.
http://xfireplus.com/e107_plugins/forum … c.php?4054
apparently it's not coming out anytime soon, gl finding another program/plugin
siciliano732
+202|6674|New York
That sucks...i think it would be an awesome program.  I know im not the only one who tries to AIM while playing.  Maybe I am but either way i think the program would be a success.
GodFather
Blademaster's bottom bitch
+387|6245|Phoenix, AZ
You could split your monitors?

When I had my High Def TV with the monitor plugin, I set up my 7800 to basically run two screens, and I could basically send aim to my other desktop.... and then i just hit a few keys and I was controlling the other desktop...

Im not totally sure but i think that would eat the hell out of ram...

as far as programs, XFire is really the only mainstream chat program, and you have to use key combos to bring up...

I dont know of a Triton style program that acts like XFire though
siciliano732
+202|6674|New York
what if i have two monitors...is there a way i can have the game on one monitor and aim and all on the other monitor and without alt+tabbing out of the game i can move my mouse to the other screen and type and what not without it messing with my other monitor playing the game?
GodFather
Blademaster's bottom bitch
+387|6245|Phoenix, AZ

siciliano732 wrote:

what if i have two monitors...is there a way i can have the game on one monitor and aim and all on the other monitor and without alt+tabbing out of the game i can move my mouse to the other screen and type and what not without it messing with my other monitor playing the game?
yeah, as the above post said....

When I could do it, it was like I was running two desktops....

One had my task bar and icons and stuff

The other, "Desktop" had just my background, and I would just "Send" the window to my other Desktop, and then just switch back and forth through the two physical screens to get to the other virtual screens...

so no alt tabbing was used
MAGUIRE93
High Angle Hell
+182|6220|Schofield Barracks
there is one ive seen it on another thread
siciliano732
+202|6674|New York

GodFather wrote:

siciliano732 wrote:

The other, "Desktop" had just my background, and I would just "Send" the window to my other Desktop, and then just switch back and forth through the two physical screens to get to the other virtual screens...

you gotta teach me how to do that.  please?

MAGUIRE93 wrote:

there is one ive seen it on another thread
where can i find this wonder program?

Last edited by siciliano732 (2008-02-13 13:49:04)

smartdude992
Keep your head down, smart's got a gun
+30|5957|Georgia, US of A

GodFather wrote:

siciliano732 wrote:

can you game and have another window open???
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6758|St. Andrews / Oslo

Play the game in windowed mode.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
siciliano732
+202|6674|New York

Jenspm wrote:

how?
The#1Spot
+105|6565|byah
get your gf to sign up a xfire account
cospengle
+140|6512|Armidale, NSW, Australia

siciliano732 wrote:

Jenspm wrote:

how?
Read the last post in this thread. I've never tried it...
emumano101
+7|6557|um my dads house
aaa good time hiting alt tab LOL same thing with me buddy lol
GCFC
Davide Santon
+45|5955|NY/CT
u can make the aim screen stay on top of all the other windows

try that it should work
siciliano732
+202|6674|New York

GCFC wrote:

u can make the aim screen stay on top of all the other windows

try that it should work
yea i just want to be able to do things kinda like xfire just with aim...i dont want the screen of my game to be minimized, but still be able to not have to alt+tab out.  You know what i mean?

Or, if i get a second monitor, a way that i can just go back and forth between screens without having to get out of the game by alt+tabbing.
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|6025|The Mitten
why don't you want to alt-tab out? once you are chatting on AIM, you can't control the game anyway, even in Xfire.
EE (hats
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5987|Washington DC
Just set your away message to "brb, killing *insert enemy team here*"... they'll understand

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard