TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6591
damn, I hate that for mark...
Matt was out of the throttle, he tried to give him room.
Good job Juan for not T-boning mark too.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6463|The Land of Scott Walker
WOOOHOOO!  Perfect day!  Tony wins by putting Shrub in the wall!  Buahahahaahahaha!
ICCULUS
Free Sam, Ban Finray.
+418|5442|Athens, GA
fucking best ending ever! smoke ftw baby!
1stSFOD-Delta
Mike "The Spooge Gobbler" Morales
+376|5996|Blue Mountain State
awsome finish. kyle is a douche anyway
https://www.itwirx.com/other/hksignature.jpg

Baba Booey
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6591
LMFAO!!!

I just thought I liked Tony hehehe
now I love him hehehe

the 18 had it comming, and I'm soooo glad it was Tony that gave it to him.
awesome race
ICCULUS
Free Sam, Ban Finray.
+418|5442|Athens, GA
lol at declining to comment. fuckin pussy ass faggot!
1stSFOD-Delta
Mike "The Spooge Gobbler" Morales
+376|5996|Blue Mountain State

ph1shman420 wrote:

lol at declining to comment. fuckin pussy ass faggot!
he is a whiney little pussy. it's funny as shit though.
https://www.itwirx.com/other/hksignature.jpg

Baba Booey
Stingray24
Waiting for the fine from NASCAR on Kyle for refusing to talk to the media.  Naughty, naughty.
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6591
he does that every single time shit doesnt go his way.  he's a first class, grade A, usda choice asshole.
I wish coach gibbs would can his ass.
Stingray24
This is going to be my desktop picture for awhile ... made my day once, why not every day?

https://i2.cdn.turner.com/nascar/2009/news/headlines/cup/07/04/post.race.tstewart.daytona2.win/buschcrash.665.jpg
ICCULUS
Free Sam, Ban Finray.
+418|5442|Athens, GA
never seen so many people cheer for a wreck
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6591
Ok.
After sleeping on it, these are my thoughts on last nights awesome 400...

1.The 11 was clearly (imo) the best car out there, with the 14 and 18 a close second etc etc.

2.Awesome finish...after the move Kyle pulled last week at New Hampshire, this is full proof that A). what goes around, comes around.  B). Karma will freakin' get you.  C). There is a God.

3.All hail the COT.  Wait before you burn my ass about an ugly, tall, fat racecar.  Kyle got his bell rung last night.  Any one of those hits taken singularly would have been rough...he took 3.  In my mind, and looking back at better than 20 years of race watching and being a fan...there is no way the old car could have protected Kyle as well.  Kudos to NASCAR for building this car.  The old car was safe, yes...but this thing (the COT) is a bloody tank.  Its just a shame that we had to lose Dale Sr. , Kenny Irwin and Adam Petty to get it.

I hate it for Smoke...he ran a great race but was obviously shaken in Victory lane.  I wouldnt have wanted to be in his head last night.  Another thing about Tony...he has changed since becomming a team owner.  I've always like him, but this year he has stepped up.  He is a class act, no doubt about it.  Some of his comments and actions this year have proven to me that Tony Stewart is indeed a good man; not just a good, or great driver, but a good man. 

Its inevitable that some are going to point the finger at Tony for what happened, but in my eyes, he cant be blamed.  Plate racing breeds things like this.  It always has, and always will.  Everyone involved last night were doing what they had to do...
Dale Earnhardt, I think, said it best..."Lets take the plates off of these things and see who has the balls to run wide open into turn 1, and who doesnt".  That, or knock the banking down and make it impossible for these cars to run wide open for 400-500 miles.
In all honesty, I hope NASCAR does niether one.  Personally, I love plate racing.  But its not my ass out there laying it on the line either.

long read, sorry fella's...its 7am sunday and I had to put this out here, just to get it out of my head.
Stingray24
Agree on all points, TC.  11 did have a rocketship and with help, would have likely had the win.  Regarding Kyle, now he knows he cannot hog the track.  He thought Tony would back off in response to his blocking, but ended up in the wall when Tony held his ground on the 2nd block.  Appreciate the sentiment from Tony, but he has nothing to be ashamed of by choosing the line he did.  COT definitely is a safe design, we likely would have had several seriously injured drivers in the old car.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6639|London, England
ban restrictor plates I want 260mph on Talladega

Did that Kyle dude have a crash? Anyone got a youtube video of it?
Mekstizzle
WALKER
lol I just saw the race on Sky Sports 2. Haha, crazy finish. How the hell did Kyle Busch manage to suddenly overtake everyone on that last bit in the first place. You guys using KERS or what

I think that guy that won, Stewart probably has a little to blame, but he was outside on him and then Kyle sort of tries to push him further out and then gets spun out into the wall, so it's like 50/50 in terms of blame.

Gotta feel sorry for the dude in the red car who slammed right into him, and the others afterwards. That's part of racing I guess, but still, what a collision, literally smacked right into him at like 180mph and there was metal and smoke all over the place. But yeah, these cars are tanks.

I don't get it though, these cars are pretty much all exactly the same. So in the end the difference comes to how well the teams have set up the cars for the track and I guess a little as to how the drivers can drive, but still, why does it always seem only a few always win. I mean you can understand in F1 where there can be huge differences in the cars that win and the one's that don't, but for NASCAR I'm trying to figure out why some can dominate over others all the time
Stingray24
You have it exactly right, Mek.  Essentially comes down to setup and the driver.  Crew chief adjustments and speed and accuracy of the pit crew are the other huge factor.  Regarding the crew chief, some teams dominate because their crew chief has the ability to adjust the car based on changing track conditions.  Another crew chief may choose improper adjustments, making his driver's car more difficult to handle.  In the restrictor plate races, another aspect is added with the draft ... making it a high speed chess game.  Knowing how to move and take advantage of the draft is everything.
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6591
gotta say, I didnt see this comming...

Truex to MWR for 2010.
I mean, I figured he'd leave EGR...but to Mikey???  lol
ah well...

its news hehe
Stingray24
Martin, Martin, Martin ... why must you go over to the dark side.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
So what's the closest street legal version of these cars one could possibly attain, even a historical car, but not too historical...

Don't you dare say the models of these cars, they're just stickers

Imagine how fucking cool it would be to drive one of these on the road, just change some stuff around to make it street legal:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/38/MattKensethTexas2007.jpg

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2009-07-07 17:52:28)

Stingray24
Kyle Busch wants a rule about wrecking people ... oh the irony.

http://www.nascar.com/2009/news/headlin … index.html
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6591
Reminder...
Chicagoland tonight, 8pm est. on TNT.  Should be a good race.
Stingray24
Great race, congrats to Mark!  Anyone else wonder why Kurt Busch wasn't called to the hauler for driving all the way down to beat on Jimmie?  Hillarious that Kyle wasn't a factor all night until he caused a caution.
Strngs012
Could I have 10,000 marbles please
+40|6436|Florida

Mekstizzle wrote:

So what's the closest street legal version of these cars one could possibly attain, even a historical car, but not too historical...

Don't you dare say the models of these cars, they're just stickers

Imagine how fucking cool it would be to drive one of these on the road, just change some stuff around to make it street legal:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c … as2007.jpg
It's called the "Twisted Sister" due to the fact that the teams would twist the bodies to gain an aerodynamic advantage. This is one reason why NASCAR has gone to the COT and why they have a common template. Those cars were ugly.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
You guys are going to skewer me for this but I still lol'd:

http://www.cracked.com/funny-1027-nascar-safety/

https://cdn-www.cracked.com/phpimages/topic/1027/summary_image.jpg

---

Oh and this bit is true for all motorsport not just nascar:

Adoption of Safety System wrote:

NASCAR adopts a "martyr" approach to safety: At least one famous person has to die to get each even the most elementary safety measure adopted.

Device: SAFER (Steel And Foam Energy Reduction) barrier walls.

Martyr: Dale Earnhardt

Death: Slammed into extremely un-SAFER walls.

Comment: First proposed by a NASCAR engineer 30 years before Earnhardt's death, indicating there may be some slight room for improvement in NASCAR's attitude toward safety.

Device: Fire retardant suits.
Martyr: Edward "Fireball" Roberts
Death: Burned to death.
Comment: Yes, he had that nickname before the accident. Yes, that does mean that God is both a bastard and watches NASCAR, so good luck with heaven, y'all!

Device: Engine-stopping kill switch
Martyr: Adam Petty
Death: Killed by engine not stopping
Comment: We really want to make the world's worst-tasting pun here, but it's more fun if you think of your own.

Device: HANS (Head And Neck Safety) Brace
Martyr: Tony Roper, Kenny Irwin, Neil Bonnett, John Nemechek, Blaise Alexander, J.D. McDuffie, Clifford Allison, contributed to Adam Petty, Dale Earnhardt
Death: Trauma to head and neck caused by slamming a goddamn car into a wall.
Comment: Finally adopted 20 years after its invention because of nine deaths. Six of them within two years. There are rogue bands of mercenary desperadoes with nothing to lose who have lower casualty rates.

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2009-07-20 17:27:18)

Red Forman
Banned
+402|5418
Well at least their head isn't sticking out in the open like an idiot.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard