TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6719

Gfr28 wrote:

ya but look at the 1 man teams ....soon they r gonna be done over do to the franchising and the muti million dollar sponsorships
The single car team, along with the Driver/Owner concept (see Allan Kulwicki and Robby Gordon) is a dieing thing.  No denying that.  But as with anything that grows and changes, some parts are tossed, some are kept.  The above will be a thing of the past in a very short period of time.  Honestly, I give it 5 years, tops...then there wont be anymore single car, owner/driver teams.

I'm all about NASCAR staying close to its roots, but I am also very much in favor of good hard, clean racing...oh and trading a little paint now and then hehe.
The COT actually brings the racing closer to what we had in the late 70's and the 80's...the era before all these massive teams and sponsors.  It does that in very many ways really.
The COT is closer in template to a "stock" (dealer delivered street car) than NASCAR has seen in better than 20 years.  The splitter and the wing (both of which I love tyvm   ) are a huge part of that return to "really driving" the car, not letting the engineers and the aero team do your winning for you.  Its much more back in the hands of the drivers.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6591|The Land of Scott Walker
This week we move to Atlanta Motor Speedway for the Kobalt Tools 500 on Sunday, March 9th.  Coverage begins at 12:30 on FOX.  Atlanta is a long-time part of NASCAR history since its completion in 1960.  Expect to see the Roush cars up front again, though I expect it to be Matt Kenseth contending more this race.  Biffle and Smith showed at Las Vegas that they can run up front on this type of track, too, though.  My dark horse to finish well is Travis Kvapil since he showed some strength in the last race finishing 8th in his unsponsored Yates Ford.  Of course Gordon, Johnson, and Earnhardt Jr. will be giving them a run for the money and perhaps Casey Mears can have some better luck.   

Distance : 1.54 miles
Shape : Quad-oval
Banking :
24° turns
5° straights
Frontstretch : 2,332 feet
Backstretch : 1,800 feet
Seating : 124,000

https://www.gatewaysportaviation.com/images/Atlanta_Motor_Speedway_sml.jpg
https://www.tickco.com/images/atlanta-motor-speedway-sm.gif
https://cowetafayetterealestate.com/images/atlanta_motor_speedway_condo_for_sale_view_001_small.jpg
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6719
Wonder where ig will be sitting hehe

gonna be a great race for sure
Stingray24
Hope he takes some pics since he wouldn't share the tickets.
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6719
yeah, thats the least he could do...but he may be too high to take a good pic hehehe
hell, I just hope he has good weather...watching a 500 mile race in unpleasant conditions is grueling.
Stingray24
The only way to get through is proper beer ... erm I mean ... hydration.  Yeah that's it.
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6668

TC.Troy wrote:

Wonder where ig will be sitting hehe

gonna be a great race for sure
he will be sitting start/finish line 14 rows back for the busch race. im not sure where the cup race seats are at though.

Stingray24 wrote:

Hope he takes some pics since he wouldn't share the tickets.
most def

TC.Troy wrote:

yeah, thats the least he could do...but he may be too high to take a good pic hehehe
hell, I just hope he has good weather...watching a 500 mile race in unpleasant conditions is grueling.
weather is supposed to be mid 60s (perfect)
now they say mid 50s should be fine

Stingray24 wrote:

The only way to get through is proper beer ... erm I mean ... hydration.  Yeah that's it.

zomg 666

Last edited by ig (2008-03-05 18:48:06)

DSRTurtle
+56|6831
I think the COT is one ugly piece of work.  But so far I'm impressed with the racing both last year and this year.
Stingray24

ig wrote:

zomg 666
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6719
Whoot...way to go NSCRC

http://www.nascar.com/2008/news/headlin … index.html

Indeed they did increase the fine for the CC on the 7 car, but all other penalties have been rescinded.

Good call imo.

Jack Roush has been quoted as saying "Its like 16th century justice"

We are about to see another Roush tirade...no doubt in my mind

Last edited by TC.Troy (2008-03-06 03:51:55)

DSRTurtle
+56|6831

TC.Troy wrote:

Whoot...way to go NSCRC

http://www.nascar.com/2008/news/headlin … index.html

Indeed they did increase the fine for the CC on the 7 car, but all other penalties have been rescinded.

Good call imo.

Jack Roush has been quoted as saying "Its like 16th century justice"

We are about to see another Roush tirade...no doubt in my mind
See the poll on NASCAR.com about Edwards' penatly? 

I like NASCAR being consistant in the penalties assed.  It gives the fans some believe that NASCAR is not playing favorites as it has appeared to do so in the past. 

I also like the NSCRC's decision on Robby Gordon.  I'm disappointed in the increase in the fine.  but it certianly is a good decision overall given the circumstances that probably won't be duplicated in another 50 years.
Stingray24
Appears the majority of the fans agree with you dsrturtle.
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6719
*strangely attracted to Stingrays Karma*
*shudders*

hehe

Yeah, I've seen the poll, and voted on it hehe, in the majority I might add

And yeah, I agree it probably wont happen again in that way, thats what I like to call "random happenstance" 
I still think Dodge or GEM should cough up the cash.  We may never know the final dispostion of that little fact.

Imo, NASCAR has always been consistant, no matter if I agree with the call or not.  I gotta give it too NASCAR for being straight.
Sometimes, I think they go a little overboard, and others, I think they fail miserably...but hey, that being a sunday afternoon CC too...so...

I cant wait for Wendy to interview Jack this weekend, its gonna be a scream hehehe
DSRTurtle
+56|6831
My friends are going to be camping out down there this weekend.  Unfortunately I have to work Saturday or I'd be down there with them all weekend.  Evil work makes it so I have to stay home and watch on tv.  Bummer cause I love being at Atlanta for the racing in 3 series.
Strngs012
Could I have 10,000 marbles please
+40|6563|Florida
New Gay photo of Kasey Khane prancing around in an upcoming Allstate commercial.
https://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c54/Strngs012/kahneallstate193copy.jpg
I'd shoot myself if I had to do that and wear that queer looking fire suit.
Stingray24
This will not be the last time I say that wine coolers fit him better than beer ...
Stingray24
Picks for this week?
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6719

Strngs012 wrote:

New Gay photo of Kasey Khane prancing around in an upcoming Allstate commercial.
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c54/S … 93copy.jpg
I'd shoot myself if I had to do that and wear that queer looking fire suit.
Poster child for "Goobers R Us"

TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6719

Stingray24 wrote:

Picks for this week?
Ok...
My picks (top 5) for the Kobalt Tools 500 this week:

I know it sounds like a broken record guys, but you gotta look back at past history.  The Hendrick organization is just stong everywhere, I dont pick'em because I love'em...

well, save the 88 hehe

The 20 and the 18 this week, fall into my "but, but what to do with x and y".  They both run strong here and I could have thrown the 11 into the mix, but I already kinda feel like 2 "alternates" are enough.

Atlanta is famous for last lap passes, an unexpected winners.  Look for sunday to be one hell of a race.

*Edit: as clarification for anyone keeping score, my alternates are kinda "also rans" i.e. if the guys I pick for the top 5 (in no particular order) arent in the top 5, I expect these "alternates" will be.

Last edited by TC.Troy (2008-03-06 17:20:53)

Gfr28
+6|6061
man why cant this thread be stickied!!!
Kurazoo
Pheasant Plucker
+440|6830|West Yorkshire, U.K
So what... its just America adding to global warming
Stingray24
I was just thinking that yesterday, gfr28.  Look at the number of replies and views!  That's 2 votes ...

Last edited by Stingray24 (2008-03-07 11:34:44)

Gfr28
+6|6061
my pick for atlanta have to be 99 17 16 ....darkhorse that will run good 28....and the always good hendrick and them dang toyotas
Gfr28
+6|6061

Stingray24 wrote:

I was just thinking that yesterday, gfr28.  Look at the number of replies and views!  That's 2 votes ...
i know man im tired already for searching for it! hell nascar should be americas past time with all thats going on in baseball
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6719

Stingray24 wrote:

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard