462nd NSP653
Devout Moderate, Empty Head.
+57|6695
AvP...the original game scared the hell out of me. Felt like I was IN the movie.  Ravenholm....close second. Same sense of fear as AvP.
avman633
+116|6375
Never played scary games, not really into them.
Dragonclaw
+186|6316|Florida

ceslayer23 wrote:

kylef wrote:

The first time playing Ravenholm (in the dark with headphones was pretty scary). I do remember completely jumping when I turned round and my brother was there (lol)!
exactly what i was thinking

half life 2 was scary
I actually didnt find HL2 scary at all. Ravenholm was fucking ownage, killing zombies with saw blades.
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5972|Washington DC

Dragonclaw wrote:

ceslayer23 wrote:

kylef wrote:

The first time playing Ravenholm (in the dark with headphones was pretty scary). I do remember completely jumping when I turned round and my brother was there (lol)!

half life 2 was scary
I actually didnt find HL2 scary at all. Ravenholm was fucking ownage, killing zombies with saw blades.
QFT, Ravenholm was about as scary as a clown being ass-fucked by zombie lincoln.
Dragonclaw
+186|6316|Florida

HurricaИe wrote:

Dragonclaw wrote:

ceslayer23 wrote:

half life 2 was scary
QFT, Ravenholm was about as scary as a clown being ass-fucked by zombie lincoln.
With rapeseed lube.
David.P
Banned
+649|6285
Half Life 1 > Half Life 2. In everything include the fear factor. Remember the first time you faced a gargantua? Or when random vorts would just warp in? How about the barnacles? Or that monster in the bottom of a blast pit who was attracted to sound? Now those were scary. Ravenholm was like a cakewalk compared to those parts.
rhinoh2o74
+13|6316|oHIo
Pac-man..... was afraid of smileys for years

Simply frightening.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6656

Superslim wrote:

BF 2, every time a new patch came out  :0
hahaha so true :D
HITNRUNXX
+220|6721|Oklahoma City

Tetrino wrote:

Fatal Frame. And I wasn't even playing. Just watching my bro flounder about while ghosts he could only see through the camera were choking him gave me nightmares.
Shocked it took so long for this game to be mentioned... It is the ONLY game so far that I thought was actually scary. #2 would be F.E.A.R. but that was more creepy than scary...
Soldier-Of-Wasteland
Mephistopheles
+40|6667|Land of the Very Cold
Friday the 13th, on the NES used to scare the shit outta me.

Had many scary moments playing some Resident Evil on the ps1 during the night.
Silent Hill brought a strange feeling many times too.
Machine_Madness
Madness has now come over me
+20|6448|Brisbane, Australia
Crawling though vents on HL1 and those face huggers jump at you. Even when you brace yourself for it, you still jump!

other mentioned

HL2 ravonholme
Doom 3
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6297|eng
Silent Hill.
#rekt
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6484|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Vampire the masquerade - Bloodlines. That damn haunted house mission in a hangover was uncool. As was the werewolf at the observatory. That sound was mean even without a hangover

AvP 2 - Radar goes *bleep, bleep, bleep, bleep* and you can't see shit.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6576|Area 51

{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy wrote:

KuSTaV wrote:

Doom 3 gave me the shits when I first played. I was walking up some stairs, and the stairs broke, I was liek 'waht teh fux?', then some massive motherfucking alien comes "GAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" roaring at you, scary motherfucker...nearly shat myself.
ROFL
Ahaah!

'then some massive motherfuckin alien comes ''GAAAAAAAAAHHH'' '
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6522|Gold Coast

Dragonclaw wrote:

STALKER was freaky in lab X18 with the ghost throwing objects at you the whole time, bloodsuckers at night were also fucking scary. Freaked me the fuck out there.
Oh Jesus, that shit was fucking scary has hell, because its pretty close. Those things were fuckin creeping me out, and the echoes in the hallways made me jumpy... oh God I hate scary shit.
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6297|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
Half-Life 1

EVERY F***ING TIME A HEADCRAB JUMPS IN MY FACE WHEN I TURN A CORNER IN AN AIRDUCKT !
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
belldawg
Serial Jay-Walker
+52|5994|Perth, indian ocean
This ones different to everyone else's answer

When i was a kid i was playing legend of zelda ocarina of time on my n64, and i was in this dungeon thingy
and this freakin zombie jumped on my head and started biting me.... i was 9 lol
I didnt play that game for a while.
rub
+3|6128
Try "The Suffering".http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/thesuffering/media.html
I played it on pc, was pretty scarry!

Last edited by rub (2008-02-10 04:21:28)

Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6632|London, England
Serious Sam 2. When you pick up a weapon pack and you're like

Then you see 300 enemies spawn and rush you

And then you're like

Not scary. More like "oh shit" and then "this game is fucking awesome"

Last edited by Mek-Izzle (2008-02-10 04:21:54)

bennisboy
+829|6657|Poundland
Ah shit I jus remembered one of the pant-shitting moments from STALKER due to A-life. I was in Wild territory, heading back from switching of the antenna in one of the labs. Then I hear the breathing of a bloodsucker and notice its getting closer, I spin round and start running backwards looking for it, then I realised there was actually 2. Heard a strange squeaking sound, spin round and see a huge mutated rate, killed it with the shotgun, which seem to make a huge swarm of them run out of nowhere, and another bllodsucker from behind them. So theres me sprinting away from a huge group of mutants tryin to kill me, while dropping some heavy objects and using energy drinks to keep sprinting. After a while i managed to climb a ladder and escape. I didnt describe it very well, but it was one of the game moments that have made me most scared.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6297|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

bennisboy wrote:

Ah shit I jus remembered one of the pant-shitting moments from STALKER due to A-life. I was in Wild territory, heading back from switching of the antenna in one of the labs. Then I hear the breathing of a bloodsucker and notice its getting closer, I spin round and start running backwards looking for it, then I realised there was actually 2. Heard a strange squeaking sound, spin round and see a huge mutated rate, killed it with the shotgun, which seem to make a huge swarm of them run out of nowhere, and another bllodsucker from behind them. So theres me sprinting away from a huge group of mutants tryin to kill me, while dropping some heavy objects and using energy drinks to keep sprinting. After a while i managed to climb a ladder and escape. I didnt describe it very well, but it was one of the game moments that have made me most scared.
Stalker was a dissapointment to me

Very atmospheric but bland

I never cared to complete the ending
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
LethalBIZzle
+7|5970|UK
F.E.A.R in the pitch black on my own with volume right up. Damn.
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6820|Marathon, Florida Keys

Darkhelmet wrote:

Hl2 made me jump a couple times when I first played it.
All it is is the fast zombies. And fast headcrabs that surprise you.
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
ShowMeTheMonkey
+125|6713
F.E.A.R
Doom 3
S.T.A.L.K.E.R - When you first go in one of the labs witht he first ever bloodsucker you meet.

Though the scaryist:

Thief: Deadly Shadows - The Shalebridge Cradle Level. The atmosphere is fantastic, with the much of the game leading you clues to how horrific it is,            all of the NPCs are scared of it, then you finally go in and it's different to the entire game, so you least expect it. Thus - Scary.

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one in which a game creeps me out! My friends can just sit and play though it. I can't!

Last edited by ShowMeTheMonkey (2008-02-10 10:41:31)

{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6720|th3 unkn0wn

avman633 wrote:

Never played scary games, not really into them.
Chiken

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard