~Smokey~
Steve Irwin Reincarnate
+396|6538|Internetfitlerland

Okay, you may of had the inkling that Ive been working on something for the past few weeks, so Ive decided to come and announce it to you guys now, cause your all sexy, and Im into that sorta thing. 

Anyways, as you know the server has been going through a rough patch recently in terms of being populated, so Ive been looking for ways to rectify the problem.  Now, you might know of the site AusBattlefields, they are an Australian gaming forum, with 5+ servers currently running CoD4.  Over the past few weeks Max and myself have been in talks with the sites owners to strike up a server deal, which will hopefully fill the server with their still strong BF2 userbase, and our own.  The finals details are being ironed out now, so we should have this ready to go within the next week or so.

The server name will be:  BF2s.com/Ausbattlefields.com - (Game mode here) - Internode GameArena with the new server banner being this.  As for the maplist, it has been decided that there will be a poll to decide the mode and maps, which both sites will vote on.

We will be accepting a few new admins from AusBF, and I hope you'll make them all feel welcome.  Also, I would appreciate it if you could all register on AusBF here

Feel free to raise any issues you may have, Im here to answer them.
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6174|Sydney | ♥

Awesome idea Smokey! I hope this pays off!

(Is it the same server we have now?)
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
Hakei
Banned
+295|5995
FF = Off TBH.

I'm 99% sure no other Australian server has FF off, out of 50 or so.
~Smokey~
Steve Irwin Reincarnate

tazz. wrote:

Yes it will be.

I know some of you were expecting alot more, and that may be coming in the future as we continue our relationship with AusBF.

Also, fyi this hasnt been announced on AusBF, so Id appreciate it if you kept it under you hats for a few days
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6174|Sydney | ♥

Hakei wrote:

FF = Off TBH.

I'm 99% sure no other Australian server has FF off, out of 50 or so.
FF = Off is gay, thats why.

~Smokey~ wrote:

tazz. wrote:

Yes it will be.
fuck.

Last edited by tazz. (2008-02-08 18:20:36)

Hakei
Banned
+295|5995
FF = on = Force TK.

Force TK =/= straight, Force TK = Gay.
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6439|Brisbane, Australia

Scintillating.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
OxiDeOwns
+15|6220|Sydney, Australia
FF off would definately pull numbers, but it will result in nade spamming, claymore whoring and the like
~Smokey~
Steve Irwin Reincarnate

OxiDeOwns wrote:

FF off would definately pull numbers, but it will result in nade spamming, claymore whoring and the like
Exactly why its off

Hi Oxide
psH
Banned
+217|6383|Sydney
Yeah sounds okay. not that big of an announcement imo, but i hope it gets it re-pop'ed.
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6174|Sydney | ♥

Ashlite wrote:

Yeah sounds okay. not that big of an announcement imo, but i hope it gets it re-pop'ed.
Yeah, is this that big suprise thing you were going on about?

LET DOWN

Sorry Smokey <3
AWSMFOX
Banned
+405|6463|A W S M F O X

OxiDeOwns wrote:

OXIDE OWN A DILDO OMGAMIRITELOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO

But ss bsnz, FF off gets ridiculous.
~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6322|Orrstrayleea

Ashlite wrote:

~Smokey~
Steve Irwin Reincarnate

Hey, I never said it was a big exciting announcement, you guys hyped yourselves up.

Last edited by ~Smokey~ (2008-02-08 19:15:43)

Jestar
Shifty's Home Number: 02 9662 8432
+373|6741

The problem is that back a few months ago, we were one the main go to places for bf2 Infantry.
We were like the new mental players server, and we had it populated all the time and we were one of the only alternatives for Australian players to Gamearena/Internode.

Eventually but, we as admins began to tire of the never ending infantry, and changed to other air based maps.
It was this, accompanied by the influx of other infantry servers such as JRKY, Xdc, and AusAF* that has caused our numbers to be so low.
We need to face it, people want infantry, for the points and for the instant action. The stream of Infantry players never ends.

Now, as for this combination with Aus Battlefields, I have noticed that alot of the members on there are from more infantry based clans. So therefore, it is my opinion that we should probably run an infantry based server, for now, to get the thing populated. The merge with AusBattlefields, however is definitely a good move, imo.
mikeshw
Radioactive Glo
+130|6837|A Small Isle in the Tropics

Registered!
~Smokey~
Steve Irwin Reincarnate

Jestar12345 wrote:

The problem is that back a few months ago, we were one the main go to places for bf2 Infantry.
We were like the new mental players server, and we had it populated all the time and we were one of the only alternatives for Australian players to Gamearena/Internode.

Eventually but, we as admins began to tire of the never ending infantry, and changed to other air based maps.
It was this, accompanied by the influx of other infantry servers such as JRKY, Xdc, and AusAF* that has caused our numbers to be so low.
We need to face it, people want infantry, for the points and for the instant action. The stream of Infantry players never ends.

Now, as for this combination with Aus Battlefields, I have noticed that alot of the members on there are from more infantry based clans. So therefore, it is my opinion that we should probably run an infantry based server, for now, to get the thing populated. The merge with AusBattlefields, however is definitely a good move, imo.
Well summed up.  Also, Internode flooded the market with their own servers, so it became extremely hard to compete.

Even if we get the server running a few times a week, Ill be a happy man
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6390

~Smokey~ wrote:

Jestar12345 wrote:

Well summed up.  Also, Internode flooded the market with their own servers, so it became extremely hard to compete.

Even if we get the server running a few times a week, Ill be a happy man
Pfft.  I never changed the maps - it was getting me to a KDR of almost 1 (still have 40 or so kills to go).

But yeah, hopefully we can pull in some more people with this deal.
Hakei
Banned
+295|5995

JET_G raidensen wrote:

OxiDeOwns wrote:

OXIDE OWN A DILDO OMGAMIRITELOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO

But ss bsnz, FF off gets ridiculous.
A had some pretty epic luls seeing that too.

Who'd take the time?

Also, I think we should merge the ideas of this thread and return to an idea Smoke gave me.

https://img201.imageshack.us/img201/5013/screen221go8.png

Inf airmaps, anyone?

Last edited by Hakei (2008-02-09 14:17:00)

tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6174|Sydney | ♥

lol, when did i say 4 star?

LOL!
mikeshw
Radioactive Glo
+130|6837|A Small Isle in the Tropics

hated jets and helos, cant fly them, get creamed by them all the time   infantry maps ftw!
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6390

Smokey, is there a reason I still can't access any of the boards?
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6405|NSW, Australia

so its still a bf2 server....

edit: wtf is with the permisson form?

Last edited by XxRavenxX (2008-02-09 21:32:07)

Hakei
Banned
+295|5995

tazz. wrote:

lol, when did i say 4 star?

LOL!
Monday, January 28, 2008, 12:06:14 PM

Adelaide time, of course.
~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6322|Orrstrayleea

~Smokey~ wrote:

We will be accepting a few new admins from AusBF, and I hope you'll make them all feel welcome.
[mad] Some randoms get to be admin, but still half of us aren't. [/mad]

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard