millmax
Wanna fly over Oslo? PM me!
+18|6545|Norway
We all know..frech cars suck.  They break, they rust, they fall apart and stop working.
Why?
Because there is no heavy metal in France.  Only cheese and wine.  That makes good cheese and wine, and shitty cars.
Within the first 5 years 67 % of all Renault's have repairs done.  1.3 % of BMWs.
Name me one famous french heavy metal band?  Anyone? Nah, didnt think so.  What about Germany?  They are some tough MF's, making durable cars as well.  And metal music. And tanks. And all kinds of industrial items.

PS: I'm from one of those countries occupied by the germans 60 years ago.  No hard feelings though. Edit: spelling

Last edited by millmax (2008-02-08 02:51:04)

Klinka-Klinko
NIKE Swoosh
+101|6227|cs_connecticut‬‭
Your right.
Magpie
international welder....Douchebag Dude, <3 ur mom
+257|6533|Milkystania, yurop
......ok
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6500|N. Ireland
I beg to differ.

https://www.schrankmonster.de/content/binary/peugot_warthog.jpg
Burwhale
Save the BlobFish!
+136|6229|Brisneyland
I owned a Peugeot 306 for 5 years and it never broke down, and only needed basic attention ( oil changes , brakes , batteries etc). Overall I was very happy and would possibly buy another Peugeot ( by the way I drove it ALOT, and wasnt particularly easy on it). A friend I know in the tow truck business says that she hardly ever gets calls to tow Peugeots, but lots of calls to tow BMWs.

Cant speak for Renaults though, they look kinda flimsy, seem to hammer though.
ozzie_johnson
+98|6664|Penrith, N.S.W, Australia
The French built cars tend to kick ass in the rally these days.
psH
Banned
+217|6390|Sydney
man thats cool
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6470|Tyne & Wear, England
I hate French cars with a passion.  Have you ever drove a Renault Clio, no?  Then lucky you, it's like trying to drive a fucking blamonge.

I'm after a new car soon, either a MK4 Golf (love thet model), or a Toyota, Celica.  Only thing is with the Celica the insurance is crazy money, and being a student that aint good.
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
KylieTastic
Games, Girls, Guinness
+85|6459|Cambridge, UK

I'm on my 2nd Peugeot 306 and my current one is 8 years old and still going well.... but I prob will be changing for a German car next (Audi TT)

I'd also disagree on the French being good at wine.... these days much overrated... the Australians and South Americans are producing much better.
Bernadictus
+1,055|6743

Toyota & Volkswagen. The only 2 brands I trust on this world.
We had a Renault Megane once, the funny thing is my father shortened it during an accident. Care was totaled, but worth more then when we purchased it.
jamesb
Joined BF2s in November 2005
+133|6730|Doncaster, England

kylef wrote:

I beg to differ.
So do I,  Mercedes Benz are shite.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6781|Noizyland

I'm not much of a car person but the French are rapidly loosing their wine reputation. They're sticking to traditional and outdated methods wheras good wine producing places like Australia or NZ or South America have long since improved on.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Bernadictus
+1,055|6743

Ty wrote:

I'm not much of a car person but the French are rapidly loosing their wine reputation. They're sticking to traditional and outdated methods wheras good wine producing places like Australia or NZ or South America have long since improved on.
Jackaroo, Pepperton, Coldridge Estate, Banrock.

I <3 Aussie wine
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6680|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
Renault Clio Williams far from being a shit car.

You can't compare cars between Germany and anyone really (maybe UK or USA) as they are streets above the rest in producing the best.

Germans have the correct attitiude in that they could make the worlds best in whatever they wanted to as its such an effiecent country, thats just one of the reasons.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6691|United States of America
How does one pronounce "Citroën" for that matter? I'm thinking it's along the lines of (sit-truhn) but idunnolol
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6639

DesertFox- wrote:

How does one pronounce "Citroën" for that matter? I'm thinking it's along the lines of (sit-truhn) but idunnolol
Put a little o in there.
Burwhale
Save the BlobFish!
+136|6229|Brisneyland
I think its " sit - ro - en " or something like that.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6500|N. Ireland

DesertFox- wrote:

I say sit-truhn
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6292|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

kylef wrote:

DesertFox- wrote:

I say sit-truhn
In danish, It is pretty much straight forward

Citroën...

BTW: In danish; citron means lemon
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
ghettoperson
+1,943|6656

However that's a concept car, not a production car.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6850|Reykjavík, Iceland.

millmax wrote:

Name me one famous french heavy metal band?  Anyone? Nah, didnt think so.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anorexia_N … %28band%29
HellHead
The fantastic Mr. Antichrist
+336|6716|Germany

jamesb wrote:

kylef wrote:

I beg to differ.
You, sir, have no idea what you are talking about. My Dad bought an 190 E in 1985 drove it for 20 years, gave it to me,
I drove it for another 2 years wich added up to 22 years and about 350.000 km. You know how many major repairs that car needed ?
Exactly 2 in 22 years.
A new exhaust because it was rusty after about 18 years (!) and a new transmission after about 19 years.
Now show me any other car, lasting for so long with that "many" problems/repairs needed. Yeah...
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6292|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

HellHead wrote:

jamesb wrote:

kylef wrote:

I beg to differ.
You, sir, have no idea what you are talking about. My Dad bought an 190 E in 1985 drove it for 20 years, gave it to me,
I drove it for another 2 years wich added up to 22 years and about 350.000 km. You know how many major repairs that car needed ?
Exactly 2 in 22 years.
A new exhaust because it was rusty after about 18 years (!) and a new transmission after about 19 years.
Now show me any other car, lasting for so long with that "many" problems/repairs needed. Yeah...
Golf mk II

tbh
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6460|The Twilight Zone

millmax wrote:

We all know..frech cars suck.  They break, they rust, they fall apart and stop working.
Why?
Because there is no heavy metal in France.  Only cheese and wine.  That makes good cheese and wine, and shitty cars.
Within the first 5 years 67 % of all Renault's have repairs done.  1.3 % of BMWs.
Name me one famous french heavy metal band?  Anyone? Nah, didnt think so.  What about Germany?  They are some tough MF's, making durable cars as well.  And metal music. And tanks. And all kinds of industrial items.

PS: I'm from one of those countries occupied by the germans 60 years ago.  No hard feelings though. Edit: spelling
That's so not true. Their cars are very well made and comfortable. -1
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Nappy
Apprentice
+151|6236|NSW, Australia

i have never had a problem with french cars

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard