WickedShark
+0|6713
What do i have to do to get the Basic Air defense badge. I thought it was spend 5 minutes on air defense. I have spent more than that on stinger stations. I sat in one on Ghost Town for 8 minutes and got 6 kills and i did not get it. Am i doing something wrong.

I am having trouble with the basic transport badge to. Any suggestions on that one.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6787|Singapore

exactly. 5 minutes is bullshit. I was on for 14 minutes until I got it today.

Looks like:

Basic Air: Definitely more than 5 minutes. 10 minutes PLUS?
Basic Transport: Less than 10. 9 Minutes Exactly.
Husker~ifh~
Beer Consumption Expert
+25|6729|Beerville, USA
I got mine right at 5-6 minutes on IGLA, but that was prior to 1.03 patch so dunno...
Wisher1981
+1|6753|SWEDEN
Ehh i got the basic ones in pretty much exactly the way that is stated in Ubar... Both air defense and Transport.. Heli and plaine to i think...
LTD_SpikE
+0|6764
If you can't get your air defence, try Kubra Dam and get in a mobile AA vech.  5 mins of that and you will have your badge.  Should be able to get the ribbon easy enough also.

SpikE
bad-dog
+0|6830|Israel
Nope guys, there's new reqs for it, 5 or was it 3 minutes + 11 kills, 11 kills is a lot so either you commander and sit in Stationary AA and shoot artillery and get kills or the easier way get into movable AA and shoot people
Encoded
The bf2s eunuch
+11|6714
That requirement for 3 min and 11 kills is for the air defense ribbon, they are talking about the basic air defense badge which you have to be in some sort of AA for 5 min.  It's legit, just do what spike said.

stay frosty,
            Encoded
aujt74
+11|6693|Scotland!
For the Basic Air Defense badge, you need to use any of the AA platforms for 10 minutes, not 5 as stated in UBAR.

See http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=8775, near the bottom. Reply #15 tells you how I got mine after several tries of 5 minutes and more. I would suggest the mobile AA, more entertaining than sitting in a stationary position for 10 minutes

And yeh the ribbon is 3 mins plus 11 kills.

Also AA platforms are stationary Stinger/IGLA, mobile Linebacker/Tungska or the carrier CIWS AA systems.

Hope that helps.
MB.nZ
+86|6773|New Zealand
Air Defense is definatly 10 minutes for Basic.
WickedShark
+0|6713
Thanks for the feedback. I got it last night on Kubra Dam with AA vehicle now i need to get the air defense ribbon.
NM156
The H4xor Mod
+161|6845|North Texas

MB.nZ wrote:

Air Defense is definatly 10 minutes for Basic.
That's accurate.. according to the medal_data.py script.

#Basic
('1220104_1', 'adb',    1, object_stat ('vehicles', 'rtime', VEHICLE_TYPE_AIRDEFENSE, 600))

600 seconds = 10 minutes
IBKCKNURASS
Corrosion Inhibitor
+172|6736
may wanna tell chuy that. it could have changed with a patch, kinda like the ranks did. I personally had trouble getting the basic air defence badge. then i figured out that i should just get in a aa vehicle and shoot ppl from a  distance. honestly the aa guns suck. 2 rockets should take down any helo.
NM156
The H4xor Mod
+161|6845|North Texas

IBKCKNURASS wrote:

may wanna tell chuy that. it could have changed with a patch, kinda like the ranks did.
I was hoping that replying to this thread would be seen by him. I was doing some coding, and came across this discrepancy. I checked UBAR, and it said 5 minutes. Thought I'd search the forums, and see what was up. If chuy doesn't reply to this thread.. I'll send him a PM.
IBKCKNURASS
Corrosion Inhibitor
+172|6736
well either way its 10 mins for basic, 30 hrs for vet and 100 hrs for expert according to the .py

Edit:
108000 \ 60 \ 60 = 30 hrs
360000 \ 60 \ 60 = 100 hrs

so baically just the basic badge is wrong. lol probally a typo
that would explain why i had trouble gettin the air defence badge

Last edited by IBKCKNURASS (2006-01-05 00:03:58)

chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6846|"Frisco"

Fixed.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard