s4vior6
Save's UR @$$
+1|6755|Somewhere in NYC
It says 5 minutes in an Air Defense Vehicle... I KNOW i've been in it for more than 10, but still didn't get the badge. What gives? Do I need to do more stuff with the Tungska?
out180
+0|6704
I thought the same thing myself.  The best way I found was to sit in AD (CIWS & Sea Sparrow) on the carrier.  That will get your AD badge.
taddzilla
+23|6852|Pembroke Pines, FL.
The 5 minutes is in a round (IAR), not total time.
Rizen_Ji
+41|6745|200m out and smiling at you.
do the stationary mounts on the carriers count as air defense?
SGT_Squirtle
+13|6725
Yes they do, that how I got mine... play Wake Island, become commander, sit in the forward air defense system... be sure to point the gun at the conning tower or any chinese plane coming by may get a tone and bomb your ass... just do your job as a commander and sometime during the round you'll get the ribbon.
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6705|Germany

Rizen_Ji wrote:

Yes!The things on the carriers,the groundstations(IGLAs?) and all AA-tanks count as air defense.
As mentioned in the above post you can also get the Air Defense Ribbon,but as a commander it's a cheap trick to get it,11 artykills are no problem,11 shot down planes or helis is kinda tough.

Last edited by Mj.Blindfisch (2005-12-28 12:39:29)

[VS-UK]MrFarmer
RoadKill
+1|6738|Eindhoven, Netherlands

Rizen_Ji wrote:

yes the AA gun on the ship counts as AA Defence, you can get your badge/ribbon with that thing.

Stationary like stinger, AA vehicles and Stationary on ship all count as legal AA Defence to get your Anti Air time/kills up and to get those badges/ribbon
pokerplaya
want to go heads up?
+11|6743|cairns australia
1 word linebacker. go to kubra  i got veteran there.
RedHot
+9|6738
Your problem is probably that you didnt do 5 min IAR like someone else mentioned, and for the record the big guns on the carrier DO NOT count because you can obviously attack ground troops on the carrier, or incoming boats with them. You must sit in a sam site, or mobile AA for 5 min in a single round, and if you still dont get the badge then i guess bf2 just hates you.
[VS-UK]MrFarmer
RoadKill
+1|6738|Eindhoven, Netherlands

RedHot wrote:

Your problem is probably that you didnt do 5 min IAR like someone else mentioned, and for the record the big guns on the carrier DO NOT count because you can obviously attack ground troops on the carrier, or incoming boats with them. You must sit in a sam site, or mobile AA for 5 min in a single round, and if you still dont get the badge then i guess bf2 just hates you.
to my knowing its DOES count.

If i take the linebacker or any mobile AA vehicle i can also tear infantery apart including boats and light vehicles, so why would the AA on the carrier not count as it does just the same
[DEI]Bart
fire at will!!!
+76|6722|Leiden, Holland for the n00bs

RedHot wrote:

lol i got my badge and ribbon in that bloody thing so it DOES count.
aujt74
+11|6704|Scotland!
Hi, on multiple occasions now I've tried to get my Basic Air Defense Badge. Sat in Stinger/IGLA for excess of 5 mins straight, also tried Linebackers and the carrier CIWS AA positions, and have yet to have the badge awarded.

I got Basic Ground Defense Badge very easily, just sat in a mounted MG for 5 mins then as soon as I unmounted, I got the award.
However it is beyond me as to why I can't get Basic AA, other clan members have got it by sitting in AA positions for 5 mins - why can't I?

Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.
s4vior6
Save's UR @$$
+1|6755|Somewhere in NYC

aujt74 wrote:

Hi, on multiple occasions now I've tried to get my Basic Air Defense Badge. Sat in Stinger/IGLA for excess of 5 mins straight, also tried Linebackers and the carrier CIWS AA positions, and have yet to have the badge awarded.

I got Basic Ground Defense Badge very easily, just sat in a mounted MG for 5 mins then as soon as I unmounted, I got the award.
However it is beyond me as to why I can't get Basic AA, other clan members have got it by sitting in AA positions for 5 mins - why can't I?

Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.
thats the same problem i'm having.. prolly bf2 hates me? lol
aujt74
+11|6704|Scotland!
So anyone got any suggestions as what to do next? I play on EA Europe or UK servers, and other ranked clan servers, and have had no more trouble than the normal getting other awards.
Could this be a bug? Its not like I'm not doing what I'm supposed to, I managed to get Basic Ground Defense Badge easy enough, but doing exactly the same (i.e. using for five mins IAR plus a bit extra for luck) for Basic Air Defense doesnt seem to work for me? And apparently other people as well...

I've read through other peoples posts here on the subject and getting the award seems to be very hit and miss ... unlike Ground Defense, which players dont seem to be having problems with....

Thanks again
aujt74
+11|6704|Scotland!
Ok got it now - Basic Air Defense is a 10 minute badge not 5.

Used a Linebacker on Daqing, lasted 4 minutes then got killed, grabbed it again and after 6 minutes (10 in total) it was awarded... so I think that UBAR is wrong on this? Ground Defense is definetly 5 mins, but Air seems to be 10...
Ali
Official Hell Bound Turbo Action Club Member
+17|6718|Gütersloh, Germany
I got mine sitting 10 Minutes in Stationary AA on Clean Sweep.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard