steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6386|the land of bourbon
absolutely yes, assuming no one wants to gun for you.  however, if i am soloing, and on my way back for a re-arm, i will not pick anyone up even if they are waiting on the pad. (most of the time, sometimes im in a good mood.)

Last edited by steelie34 (2008-02-05 13:39:27)

https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
Flyjetandkill
Planewhore
+74|6388|The Sky!!!!
More and more servers forbid the seatswitching and iam sick of noob pilots and gunners.
Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6413|Somersetshire
i am for seat switching as long as no-one wans to gun for you but if someone does want to gun you shouldn't deny them the chance, however crap they are, it is just a game tbh
3lmo
Don't Hassel the Hoff
+345|6308|The | Netherlands

Tehremos wrote:

i am for seat switching as long as no-one wans to gun for you but if someone does want to gun you shouldn't deny them the chance, however crap they are, it is just a game tbh
A game is made for fun, is constantly getting killed because your gunner fails fun?
PluggedValve
+17|6345

Skorpy-chan wrote:

You're denying someone the ability to gun for you, and the opportunity to learn. They were right to ban you.
Ya bu you know as well as i that there is not always a gunner waiting for a ride.  So if no one else wants to gun, why not solo it??  If someone asks for a ride or something i will swing around and get them, even if they ar crap.  But im not going to leave the chopper for the other team to steal on us and if im flying alone, hell yah im gonna use TV.
kripp
+42|6747|Florida (305)
I used to get owned all the time by solo pilots with tv and would say just like you guys that EA should do something to take seat swithing out. Untill I stoped crying and practiced. Now im one of the best solo pilots around. At one point I was ranked like 250th in the world with not much time flying at the time.  Im always getting kicked by crybaby admins who cant stand getting there ass handed to them.
Ec0li
Vagina face
+167|6004|London ㋛

Snake wrote:

Common sense in this game is a big fucking loss on most people.
QFT

I love seatswitching, and i just got kicked from op harvest for doing it, fact of the matter is, BF2 is lacking knowledgeable pilots and gunners these days, and the only good ones around team up with someone they know, I find it infuriating, flying around a stubborn gunner who cant shoot for shit, or a pilot that stays 10 feet from the ground all the time. Normally I'll just sit it out and die countless times because I DO enjoy flying the heli, but i agree, it's a ridiculous rule, if no one is waiting at the heli pad, im not gonna shop around for a half ass gunner when i could do a much better job on my own, and as i said to an admin yesterday, I'm at a disadvantage to any chopper i go up against because there is only one of me, he's reply was "Its the rule". I think most peoples reason is it employs teamwork but only if the two people in the chopper are experienced, otherwise you just have 2 noobs floating about in the sky getting shot down.
Nakamp
+25|6199|Czech Republic
I better take blackhawk and go take some flag than fly with a gunner on a pub... I also don't like to be in car that isn't drived by me or someone I know 
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6672

Locoloki wrote:

they should just have a patch where as soon as you seat switch, the helo goes upside down and smashes into the ground
That works.  But I'll just be happy about not losing the lock because of seat-switching.
Phatmatt
Vroom Vroom
+298|6194|Canada

Seat switching in a chopper is the same as seat switching in a jeep to man the machine gun.
So it should be allowed.

Either way I'm good at both.
Hakei
Banned
+295|6000

kripp wrote:

I used to get owned all the time by solo pilots with tv and would say just like you guys that EA should do something to take seat swithing out. Untill I stoped crying and practiced. Now im one of the best solo pilots around. At one point I was ranked like 250th in the world with not much time flying at the time.  Im always getting kicked by crybaby admins who cant stand getting there ass handed to them.
Indeed, anyone who says they hate solo TVing is clearly just shit at it.

As long as I'm not being raped by jets, I usually go 30 - 4, if we don't have a decent commander.

I remember once having a great Commander, I finished on 50 - 1. Much better than me having to use my stupid missiles on tanks/choppers because my gunner wants to use the nose cannon.

If you want to practice how to TV. Go to single player and solo TV, that will teach you a thing or two to get started, for instance if you've never solo TVed you probably won't know the exact location to line up a TV shot, whereas anyone who can solo TV knows the spot because they use it all the time.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6658
Ah, so the pussification of BF2 continues. For those of us who played during 1.12: remember how we had to put up with this shit? We started off as nubs just like everyone else, yet we still learned to play the game. You see, people of the new BF2, back then you would not get kicked for the smallest thing. Nowadays, you will get kicked from any server for having an attitude. 2 years ago, you had to learn to put up with it. Few servers would kick you for 'stealing' a vehicle, let alone for flying a chopper by yourself. It was a free game, and yet we all still learned to play.

Do you understand, newbies? BF2 is still not your perfect little world, despite the way DICE has treated it. The old days of BF2 seem like the wild west, where you could play the game as you liked and rarely get trouble for it. Nowadays, it's a nanny state and the smallest infringement on the rules will see you kicked and banned. It is pathetic and shows just how strong group mentality is.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
irishtop
Hopscotch Champion
+11|6168|Houston, Texas
Since there are a majority of people who just seem incompetent with the damn tv, MOST of the time 1>2, like in my case i do better than soloing than most team crews can do. Its lame to ruin my fun by kicking me.
legionair
back to i-life
+336|6628|EU

I suck at soloing and TV missiles so most of the time Im searching for a gunner, nevermind if he is SGt or officer rank, I just know that he might be lucky and get me some points The best thing is talking with them via VOIP, you can tell him what mistakes is he doing, what should do and where to look.

If no one is around I fly alone and mostly let enemy practise TVing me

edit: admins who kick for teamswitching should be punched in a head unless you got a chopper by teamkilling or dont even give a try to someone else.

Last edited by legionair (2008-02-05 15:01:51)

bullit
Tank Troll
+71|6694|London, UK
If you aint got some gold bars gtfo out of my chopper

Last edited by bullit (2008-02-05 15:11:35)

GameOver
+14|6267|Hungary

Tehremos wrote:

wait a minute, are you saying seat switching is easier then having a gunner?
Exactly! I have been saying that for a year. Have a look at the first point of my heli guide!
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6577

Snake wrote:

Toilet Sex wrote:

Penis and balls
Took the words right out of my mouth ( ).
Put them back in.

On topic: I have more fun flying with a good gunner or pilot than soloing these days. BF2 is a noobfest so 2 guys can easily dominate an entire round, which is fun.
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
+136|5936|Somewhere out in Space
LB>all

I have so much fun going to 300 feet on harvest to sneak up behind the mi-28 and rape them time and time again.

NESS can save you now.
HSG
+23|6479|British Columbia, Canada
PPl want realism like no bunny hoppin and no seat switchin.
HSG

Phatmatt wrote:

Seat switching in a chopper is the same as seat switching in a jeep to man the machine gun.
So it should be allowed.

In real life in a jeep you can easily get on the gun but in a chopper it is alot harder.
Steveo7800
I Pity The Foo
+7|6366|United States
Servers that don't allow people to play the game make me cry. Seatswitching, Spawncamping, bunny hopping, dolphin diving, servers that ban for shit like that is just an indication of bad players/immature admins. ITS A SHOOTING GAME!#~$! If you dont like being shot go play Solitare or something.
PluggedValve
+17|6345

HSG wrote:

It aint so, or go play Call of Douche 4.
its a game.  It aint perfect.  If EA/DIce put a button in that makes you jump(coincidentaly making noobs miss) then leave it alone.  I dont understand the servers/ clans that are so anti-jump/dive.  If i couldn't do it i wouldn't, but i can so die bitches(noobs)!!!!
Also, its not like some ppl can do it and others cant, making an unfair advantage.  Anyone CAN do it, just hit  jump while running and pick a side to move to.  Stupid noobs.

Last edited by PluggedValve (2008-02-05 15:54:45)

HSG

PluggedValve wrote:

HSG wrote:

It aint so, or go play Call of Douche 4.
its a game.  It aint perfect.  If EA/DIce put a button in that makes you jump(coincidentaly making noobs miss) then leave it alone.  I dont understand the servers/ clans that are so anti-jump/dive.  If i couldn't do it i wouldn't, but i can so die bitches(noobs)!!!!
Also, its not like some ppl can do it and others cant, making an unfair advantage.  Anyone CAN do it, just hit  jump while running and pick a side to move to.  Stupid noobs.
No shit, thats why there are rules to help make it more realistic.

Last edited by HSG (2008-02-05 15:58:28)

bullit
Tank Troll
+71|6694|London, UK

Steveo7800 wrote:

Servers that don't allow people to play the game make me cry. Seatswitching, Spawncamping, bunny hopping, dolphin diving, servers that ban for shit like that is just an indication of bad players/immature admins. ITS A SHOOTING GAME!#~$! If you dont like being shot go play Solitare or something.
hehehe that reminds me I was on the Unitedkillerz Karkand server and I thought lets get the [UK] campers on the factory at the last flag so I make my way to access the roof to find myself being shot at by a sniper on the roof. I thought fuk it I ll just get back to the fight, so I bunnyhop away in order NOT to get shot. A minute later BULLET STOP BUNNYHoPPING. A say look I dont want to get shot, Iam making you work for your kill, deal with it.
MysteryJake
+12|6212|California

HSG wrote:

Phatmatt wrote:

So it should be allowed.

In real life in a jeep you can easily get on the gun but in a chopper it is alot harder.
And in real life a chopper would blast your ass from miles away, and jets would bomb the shit out of you from the stratosphere. This isn't real life, get over it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard