Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6726
Hillary suggests snatching wages
Clinton says income could be garnished if workers refuse to buy health insurance

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/artic … E_ID=60029

She is the devil... evil personified...
Love is the answer
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6455|The Land of Scott Walker
Qft
Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6650|Your moms bedroom
Medicare already snatches a percentage, is this going to be an increase or something totally different?
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6552|Texas - Bigger than France
Kinda like taxing the oil companies and using the proceeds to fund energy alternatives...
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6421|'Murka

Are you sure it wasn't waging snatches?
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Locoloki
I guess will be able to afford it, better than paying 1000's of dollars to have an appendectomy
imortal
+240|6675|Austin, TX

Pug wrote:

Kinda like taxing the oil companies and using the proceeds to fund energy alternatives...
Yeah, that makes NO sense.  You think the oil companies just eat the loss? No, they just increase the cost of gasoline so that their profits stay the same.  As with all taxes on business, it is the consumer who actually pays.
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6726

Locoloki wrote:

I guess will be able to afford it, better than paying 1000's of dollars to have an appendectomy
with Hitlary you will have no choice... even if you can't afford it... your wages will be garnished... good times... she sucks...
Love is the answer
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6642|949

You already pay for other people's healthcare through mandatory tax.  She wants it for everyone.

It's really not that radical of an idea.

Last edited by KEN-JENNINGS (2008-02-04 20:12:29)

devilcat
+7|6701
Bill and Hilary back in the White House, were all doomed
Locoloki

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

Locoloki wrote:

with Hitlary you will have no choice... even if you can't afford it... your wages will be garnished... good times... she sucks...
its not such a bad thing, maybe people cant afford things now because they are spending so much already on outrageous medications and over expensive healthcare
Skorpy-chan
+127|6355|Twyford, UK
And why not just nationalise the health service so it's free at the point of use, hm?
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6770|San Antonio, Texas
So, what do our friends here that live in Canada have to say about this? Must be nice having free* health care. So how are those lines at the doctor's office? Oh, you're coming to the US to pay for a doctor so you can get a life threatening operation done before it's too late? Really? Wow.

* - Yeah right, and paying out the ass in taxes for a service that you might not want or need.

Fuck Hilary, fuck Obama, and McCain should just go on the democratic ballot as well...
Locoloki

{M5}Sniper3 wrote:

So, what do our friends here that live in Canada have to say about this? Must be nice having free* health care. So how are those lines at the doctor's office? Oh, you're coming to the US to pay for a doctor so you can get a life threatening operation done before it's too late? Really? Wow.

* - Yeah right, and paying out the ass in taxes for a service that you might not want or need.

Fuck Hilary, fuck Obama, and McCain should just go on the democratic ballot as well...
so your OK with rising medical costs, overpriced medications and health insurance companies that wont cover procedures deemed "unnecessary"
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6770|San Antonio, Texas

Locoloki wrote:

{M5}Sniper3 wrote:

so your OK with rising medical costs, overpriced medications and health insurance companies that wont cover procedures deemed "unnecessary"
I rather have a company handle my health care. I wouldn't want the government handling it, well, it's not that hard to figure out, they're just not good at handling such big programs especially on a local level like this. You think that you are going to pay less with national heath care coverage? Ha! I think you'll end up paying double to cover all the fucking free-loaders we now have in our county. That, plus what you are paying in Medicare taxes. We need to stop giving hand-outs to all these lazy bums that are already on welfare.
Soldier-Of-Wasteland
Mephistopheles
+40|6666|Land of the Very Cold

{M5}Sniper3 wrote:

Waiting a couple of hours ain't bad. My mom went to the hospital in december, she waited about 3 minutes, got a room, and stayed there 5 days. She had all the symptoms related to a stroke. She got a bunch of MRI, and tests, and this, and that. I wouldn't like being treated by a "doctor" who only sees me as his next cashcow, who'll probably fix me just enough so I might have to come back and give him more money.

Yes sometimes you might have to wait a little to get something, but you dont have to put yourself into bankruptcy, or sell your house or whatever for a stupid bypass surgery, you'll get fixed no matter what, and you'll never ever get refused because the treatment is "experimental". So what if a bit of my taxes pay for that. If I go in with a broken arm, I'll walk out of there at no charge while you pay for you little booboo.

But we already had that debate in another thread. You're (the US) simply not ready for that, not open minded enough, too "me myself and I", and not carring enough for your fellow Americans. We have (like all 1st world nations) universal healthcare, but hey, at least you got social injustice. Be proud of that.

And this will turn into an endless debate once again.
Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6704|San Francisco

{M5}Sniper3 wrote:

I rather have a company handle my health care. I wouldn't want the government handling it, well, it's not that hard to figure out, they're just not good at handling such big programs especially on a local level like this. You think that you are going to pay less with national heath care coverage? Ha! I think you'll end up paying double to cover all the fucking free-loaders we now have in our county. That, plus what you are paying in Medicare taxes. We need to stop giving hand-outs to all these lazy bums that are already on welfare.
You sure as hell won't be speaking like that if you go to the ER after a horrible accident and have no health insurance because the current insurance companies refused to carry you due to some stupid prior affliction that they don't want to be responsible for in the future.  For a 6 hour ER visit after I had awful acid reflux, I still had to pay $929 out of a $3000 bill with Blue Cross...all for a GI cocktail and them telling me to take Tagamet every day.

This isn't just for all these so-called "leechers" that are taking advantage of Welfare.  This is for the millions of other legitimate people that grossly outnumber the "leechers" when it comes down to the ability to own insurance and afford healthcare. 

Some of us are contractors who don't hold jobs that have medical benefits and have to pay for our own insurance (like me).  Some other people don't have enough money to spend on $210/mo. insurance along with other amenities to keep their quality of life above poverty.

Some people just can't afford the medications prescribed to them after a $150 doctor visit.  I'm lucky my insurance makes all prescription drugs $10; the Protonix I'm taking for my stomach would've cost me over $170 for 30 pills.

The current system is absolutely backwards, with businessmen rather than doctors dictating the quality of life for those who are able to hold insurance in this company.
Stingray24
No one will argue the current system needs to be fixed, but government is not the answer ... especially if Hillary is at the helm.  *shudder*
Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6704|San Francisco
Well, private companies are currently the problem, so what do you suggest?  Bring it to the people and hold public/state-run single payer systems?
Locoloki

{M5}Sniper3 wrote:

Locoloki wrote:

{M5}Sniper3 wrote:

watch the movie Sicko
Stingray24
I honestly haven't looked into what I think the best solution would be.  But handing over control of all healthcare to politicians is not what I want.  They've screwed up everything else quite nicely.  Thanks to them I won't ever receive Social Security because they used up the money for other things.  Government will only make the situation in healthcare worse.  Though they could help by passing laws putting caps on these stupid lawsuits that are helping drive up cost.  If we all went back to being consumers and shopping around for our healthcare, it would once again become a marketplace with competition and prices would decrease.
Soldier-Of-Wasteland
Mephistopheles

Marconius wrote:

You sure as hell won't be speaking like that if you go to the ER after a horrible accident and have no health insurance because the current insurance companies refused to carry you due to some stupid prior affliction that they don't want to be responsible for in the future.  For a 6 hour ER visit after I had awful acid reflux, I still had to pay $929 out of a $3000 bill with Blue Cross...all for a GI cocktail and them telling me to take Tagamet every day.

This isn't just for all these so-called "leechers" that are taking advantage of Welfare.  This is for the millions of other legitimate people that grossly outnumber the "leechers" when it comes down to the ability to own insurance and afford healthcare. 

Some of us are contractors who don't hold jobs that have medical benefits and have to pay for our own insurance (like me).  Some other people don't have enough money to spend on $210/mo. insurance along with other amenities to keep their quality of life above poverty.

Some people just can't afford the medications prescribed to them after a $150 doctor visit.  I'm lucky my insurance makes all prescription drugs $10; the Protonix I'm taking for my stomach would've cost me over $170 for 30 pills.

The current system is absolutely backwards, with businessmen rather than doctors dictating the quality of life for those who are able to hold insurance in this company.
See, for myself, maybe around 20$ a month out of all my taxes go to health-care, and with that, I don't have to pay an extra dime if I need care. It's sad that you were billed 3000$ for something that could have been fixed at no charge. That's why I like the way the system works here. I will never have to worry about that kind of things. I do have an extra coverage that I got at work, but it only give me "free" access to extra things that are not normally covered, like professional massages, and eye lenses, and dental stuff, and other little things like that. The problem with your system is that it is run by greedy people who care more about your money and their wealth rather than your health.
Locoloki
adopt canada or europeans system, what the doctors are suddenly going to become less skilled?
Skorpy-chan
+127|6355|Twyford, UK
I think they're worried about poor people being able to use hospitals.

Frankly, I LIKE being able to limp in off the street and wait a few hours to get hopped up on badly-prescribed painkillers while they sew my arm shut again and manipulate my bruises in a very painful manner so they can fill me with radiation to check if I broke anything.
Okay, I don't, but I like not having to PAY for it. When I was in America, I was terrified of getting hurt because I would've been charged up the ass for everything going if I was unable to sign a nonconsent form.
Soldier-Of-Wasteland
Mephistopheles

{M5}Sniper3 wrote:

@ Soldier-Of-Wasteland:
How much or what percent of your pay check goes to the national health care tax?
I dunno, i'd have to check. I'll try to remember that tomorrow and check that at work.

Locoloki wrote:

adopt canada or europeans system, what the doctors are suddenly going to become less skilled?
They might actually become better, since they will be in for the love of the job and saving people rather that the money.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard