notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6767|The United Center

IMO, the ex-boxer did the right thing.  I'm being completely levelheaded right now without any rage whatsoever, and I still probably would've done the same thing he did.

Good on him.
Reciprocity
+721|6601|the dank(super) side of Oregon
can't blame him.
lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3
+369|6850|Denver colorado

Reciprocity wrote:

can't blame him.
ja.
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6500|Somewhere else

That's pretty tough.   I can totally see why.  But laws are there for a reason.

"blind rage" may be a defense of temporary insanity.  I know i'd do the same damn thing.   There really is no self control in mashing the guys face in for something as sick as that.
Stimey
­
+786|6140|Ontario | Canada
Seems like a decent guy, probably wouldn't do it if he didn't have to.
­
­
­
­
­
­
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6674

Can't blame him, but I don't think he should've or had the right to kill him. However, he shouldn't go to jail or anything, probably pay a fine or something, but nothing too heavy.

(IMO, I'm not a big fan of vigilantes)
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6737|Riva, MD
This is great, I love the way Russians think.  Don't stop hittin till the fucker stops movin.

Last edited by _j5689_ (2008-02-02 19:52:29)

Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6642|Little Bentcock
I hope he doesn't get i too much crap, it may be wrong but he can't really be accountable for his actions in that circumstance. They should take into account his personal demeanour when he is normal.
lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3

mtb0minime wrote:

I think vigilantes do it out of a sense of moral obligation where this guy just wanted to kill the guy who caused immediate harm to the person he was protecting.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6727|67.222.138.85

lavadisk wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

I think vigilantes do it out of a sense of moral obligation where this guy just wanted to kill the guy who caused immediate harm to the person he was protecting.
How is this guy not a vigilante? His stepson was in no immediate danger, he should have gone to the police, he obviously knew exactly who it was anyways. Let him rot in jail instead of getting the quick way out.

In any case he set himself up nicely for a temporary insanity defense.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6674

lavadisk wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

That's true. I don't like the vigilantes that are like, "I'm going to get justice and revenge!" (the vigilante with vengeance)

But if it came down to police not doing their job, then I think vigilantism would be necessary for the protection of everyone (the vigilante with morals)
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6545|South Florida
He seems like a respectable guy who kicked some ass when needed.

I only wish, for his sake, that he didnt kill the guy, just beat the shit out of him.
15 more years! 15 more years!
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6767|The United Center

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

lavadisk wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

How is this guy not a vigilante? His stepson was in no immediate danger, he should have gone to the police, he obviously knew exactly who it was anyways. Let him rot in jail instead of getting the quick way out.

Wait, what?  How was his stepson in no immediate danger?  He had a guy on top of him with his pants down...?
Tetrino
International OMGWTFBBQ
+200|6751|Uhh... erm...

Reciprocity wrote:

can't blame him.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6674

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

lavadisk wrote:

Wait, what?  How was his stepson in no immediate danger?  He had a guy on top of him with his pants down...?
Danger schmanger! I think it's pretty obvious what he should've done. Politely wait for the guy and stepson to finish their business, nevermind the stepson getting scarred for life and will eventually grow up to be demented / perverted / pedophilic or have some sort of psychological disorder/trauma.
Darkhelmet
cereal killer
+233|6771|the middle of nowhere
"He was a student at one of our colleges.....he had no social life."

lol
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6500|Somewhere else

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

lavadisk wrote:

I think he means "no danger" as in after he got the kid away, then came back for the guy.

Still, not a vigilante.  Vigilante is someone wanting to exact revenge by thier own means, but in a calculated, semi- level headed way.

This was just pure rage. He didnt want his own brand of justice.  He just wanted to mangle bones to appease the sheer amount of uncontrolled adrenaline in his body.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6425|North Carolina
If I was on the jury, I'd let this guy off.
David.P
Banned
+649|6294
*sigh* Why didn't he break his legs first?
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6674

I think the proper punishment for this would be to snap that pervert's boner in half
He won't be sexually assaulting young boys for loooooooong time.
Flaming_Maniac

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

lavadisk wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

If he killed him while the guy was still on his kid, good on him. However, if he got them separated, then called the police, then killed him, it was just personal retribution. A reasonable feeling of course, but it really doesn't excuse it.

RoosterCantrell wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

I think he means "no danger" as in after he got the kid away, then came back for the guy.

Still, not a vigilante.  Vigilante is someone wanting to exact revenge by thier own means, but in a calculated, semi- level headed way.

This was just pure rage. He didnt want his own brand of justice.  He just wanted to mangle bones to appease the sheer amount of uncontrolled adrenaline in his body.
Apparently he was level-headed enough to call the authorities. He should have been level-headed enough to manage to avoid killing him.
lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

lavadisk wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

If he killed him while the guy was still on his kid, good on him. However, if he got them separated, then called the police, then killed him, it was just personal retribution. A reasonable feeling of course, but it really doesn't excuse it.

RoosterCantrell wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Apparently he was level-headed enough to call the authorities. He should have been level-headed enough to manage to avoid killing him.
Yeah. you do have a point.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6425|North Carolina
If he was truly levelheaded, he could've found a way to make it look like he killed the man in self-defense.
Flaming_Maniac

Turquoise wrote:

If he was truly levelheaded, he could've found a way to make it look like he killed the man in self-defense.
lol, I'm not saying it was pre-meditated, I'm saying that partway through the beating he should have thought, "Hey, this guy is beaten into a bloody pulp and probably won't be going anywhere until the police arrive. I think I can stop now."
lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

lol, I'm not saying it was pre-meditated, I'm saying that partway through the beating he should have thought, "Hey, this guy is beaten into a bloody pulp and probably won't be going anywhere until the police arrive. I think I can stop now."
maybe he was a pussy.. He did go after a little boy.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard