Will it? Simple question.
Simon
basically
+838|6654|UK
More so
Commie Killer
+192|6383
What Is Trackr???!!!!

Last edited by Commie Killer (2008-02-02 15:46:19)

MetaL*
Banned
+188|6153|Anaheim, Mexifornia
Who knows?
Hopefully
Phatmatt
Vroom Vroom
+298|6185|Canada

Commie Killer wrote:

What Is Trackr???!!!!
http://trackr.net/
naightknifar
Served and Out
+642|6557|Southampton, UK

Master* wrote:

Will it? Simple question.
Yet you wrote as an option: "I like cheese".

Go get banned McCockface.
You arn't serious here, you won't be on Trackr. Don't reg OK?

PMS
MAGUIRE93
High Angle Hell
+182|6190|Schofield Barracks
it will be
but nuthing will ever be as great as the bf2s
Strngs012
Could I have 10,000 marbles please
+40|6414|Florida
Sure it will
Simon
basically
+838|6654|UK

Commie Killer wrote:

What Is Trackr???!!!!
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=92145
SamTheMan:D
Banned
+856|5970|England

Commie Killer wrote:

What Is Trackr???!!!!
lul
naightknifar
Served and Out

This thread is full of shit.

DISCUSS THIS IN THE NEWS THREAD

Last edited by naightknifar (2008-02-02 15:50:29)

trippy982
+34|6394
It will be more popular since the forum is now open up to general gaming and not cater specifically to BF2 and COD4 somewhat.  Will the community be as tight?  No.  Opening up the forum will bring no0bs, trolls, and flamers from different games.  Good posters will migrate to a forum specializing in a specific game.

Last edited by trippy982 (2008-02-02 15:52:49)

=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6362|California
Yes, cause it will have a more well known name then BF2S.
thanks.
Master*
Banned
+416|6491|United States

naightknifar wrote:

Stop bieng an ass please.
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6401|NSW, Australia

i kinda hope it is but then i dont want a shit load of new members, i like it small.
naightknifar
Served and Out

Master* wrote:

naightknifar wrote:

Stop bieng an ass please.
Sorry but what pissed me off is you expect a serious reply to a thread which has "I like cheese" as an option.
I've done that before and had it blow up in my face. Here's it to you.

Vicious Circle.
stkhoplite
Banned
+564|6475|Sheffield-England
No
GravyDan
Back from the Grave(y)
+768|5928|CA

trippy982 wrote:

It will be more popular since the forum is now open up to general gaming and not cater specifically to BF2 and COD4 somewhat.  Will the community be as tight?  No.  Opening up the forum will bring no0bs, trolls, and flamers from different games.  Good posters will migrate to a forum specializing in a specific game.
I think you pretty much summed it up, unfortunately.
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6728|St. Andrews / Oslo

trackr has the possibility to last forever.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6546|CH/BR - in UK

I think that if we get the coding down right it can be at least as successful as BF2s is. I think that the community here has gotten much less tight (@trippy982) because of spammers and flamers.

But yeah, trackr is still a WIP, so focus on just having fun here

-konfusion
ddenholm67
DanForth Teh Pwnzer
+53|6552|Scotland
It will reach out to a wider user-base, so if anything it will reach success that of BF2S, and beyond.
trippy982
+34|6394

konfusion wrote:

I think that if we get the coding down right it can be at least as successful as BF2s is. I think that the community here has gotten much less tight (@trippy982) because of spammers and flamers.

-konfusion
It's just more than just spammers and flamers that makes a forum less tight.  Its that the bond of being gaming enthusiast isn't as strong as the bond of a bf2 enthusiast.  It happens all the time with car forums.  When a WRX, Mustang, M3 specific forum open up to a generic car enthusist site or a brand enthusiast site (such as general Ford, Honda) the forum dies a slow painful death.  I do a agree that the site has a better chance of surviving since its opening up to be generic so that future games cna bring in new people to the forum, I don't agree with it being open to every game.  I would say making it more generic in terms of being a Battlefield "brand" forum that caters to Bf1942, BF Veitnam, BF2, BF2142, BF (the Xbox one?), and that new BF cartoon one that rips of TF2 may be a good approach eventhough it doens't work well with cars.  (Since cars come in sport sedan, pickup truck, etc.. gaming is a different genre)

Last edited by trippy982 (2008-02-02 16:08:30)

naightknifar
Served and Out

trippy982 wrote:

konfusion wrote:

-konfusion
It's just more than just spammers and flamers that makes a forum less tight.  Its that the bond of being gaming enthusiast isn't as strong as the bond of a bf2 enthusiast.  It happens all the time with car forums.  When a WRX, Mustang, M3 specific forum open up to a generic car enthusist site or a Ford enthusiast site the forum dies a slow painful death.  I do a agree that the site has a better chance of surviving since its opening up to be generic so that future games cna bring in new people to the forum, I don't agree with it being open to every game.  I would say making it more generic in terms of being a Battlefield forum that caters to Bf1942, BF Veitnam, BF2, BF2142, BF (the Xbox one?), and that new BF cartoon one that rips of TF2.
Hm. Can see what you mean.
But if you became an IRC Regular - You would see this community is much stronger than it may seem.

Just ask PERTE PRTERLLI (Peter/PeterLOL)
I'm sure he will disagree, this is why you should ask him

Last edited by naightknifar (2008-02-02 16:08:49)

trippy982
+34|6394

naightknifar wrote:

trippy982 wrote:

konfusion wrote:

-konfusion
It's just more than just spammers and flamers that makes a forum less tight.  Its that the bond of being gaming enthusiast isn't as strong as the bond of a bf2 enthusiast.  It happens all the time with car forums.  When a WRX, Mustang, M3 specific forum open up to a generic car enthusist site or a Ford enthusiast site the forum dies a slow painful death.  I do a agree that the site has a better chance of surviving since its opening up to be generic so that future games cna bring in new people to the forum, I don't agree with it being open to every game.  I would say making it more generic in terms of being a Battlefield forum that caters to Bf1942, BF Veitnam, BF2, BF2142, BF (the Xbox one?), and that new BF cartoon one that rips of TF2.
Hm. Can see what you mean.
But if you became an IRC Regular - You would see this community is much stronger than it may seem.

Just ask PERTE PRTERLLI (Peter/PeterLOL)
I'm sure he will disagree, this is why you should ask him
Only time will tell my friend...

I'm looking forward to it, I hope the current people stay and I hope that the new people coming in are good too.  I do hope the banners/advertisement are put to a limit.  In the past, I've seen a trend in that the bigger the forum, the more annoying ads will get.  I want Chuy to promise us never to use text intellisense advertisement (where there's hyperlink on certain works that link to advertisement)!!!  I think it's going to be alright, I do trust Chuy & Co. will make the right choices.
Emil
Teh strogg!
+205|6475|Trondheim, Norway
For me it will, I will probably come here a lot more than I do at the moment
Especially if it got a bit focus on ET:QW

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard