oRbIt011
+6|5945
http://youtube.com/watch?v=YwqI_cj7WXw

Comments/Ratings/Feedback appreciated.

Don't flame the thread telling me this was easy because it was singleplayer - my objective was not a frag video, but a video showing/advertising singleplayer if you will.

I focussed on timing and footage rather than heavy effects.

Download here for better quality - http://files.filefront.com/infiltration … einfo.html

Last edited by oRbIt011 (2008-02-01 20:01:26)

mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6656

Sorry but I could only get through half of it. Music was intense and fast-paced, yet it didn't fit the movie at all and I felt like it was going too slow. If you had more calm music showing you actually infiltrate something or sneak around, I probably would've liked it. But the fast music with no action and slow movement / looking around made it painful to watch. Also, if you're going to do a kind of sneaking movie or any other kind of movie that doesn't focus on frags, you have to tell a story. With frag videos, it's just boom boom boom action action action. But if you want an infiltration video, you need to build up to something, and keep it consistent. Random shots of a helicopter shooting a boat, then running through a forest, then in a shower room, weren't very effective.

Glad to see you focused on "timing and footage rather than heavy effects", but you need to string events together and keep the viewer interested. The reason frag videos work is because it's random footage of big explosions and action. But when there's no action, you have to keep the viewer entertained.

The verdict: Good effort, but didn't go over too well.
oRbIt011
+6|5945
Appreciate your comment.

I guess I really didn't think about stringing the scenes together and just did it in the style of a frag (random shots).
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6656

Well you definitely show promise and that you have the potential to make great movies. It's nice to see something other than typical frag videos, too. You're trying something different and that's great. I'm sure you'll get better with practice
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6158|Vancouver | Canada

mtb0minime wrote:

It's nice to see something other than typical frag videos, too.
A-fucking-men.

Post the video up on the Machinima boards.
They have some knowledgeable people there.
Funky_Finny
Banned
+456|6134|Carnoustie, Scotland
I liked it to be honest. It was a very good video. Thought the start dragged on a bit (In the chopper). Gj, +1
oRbIt011
+6|5945
Thanks allot!
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6634

dave_the_rave23
psn - do_one_ya_mug
+41|5981
lood like a good trailer , when does this game come out in the uk ?
Commie Killer
+192|6389

dave_the_rave23 wrote:

Thats CoD4, its not a trailer, and its been out for months.
TeamOrange
Don't be that guy
+84|6312

dave_the_rave23 wrote:

Johnny_Extremer
I Am McLovin!!!!
+22|6263
Tbh I really liked it. Now I want to play the single player lol.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6325|New Haven, CT
You haven't?
oRbIt011
+6|5945
Bump pl0x.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard