{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6754|th3 unkn0wn

Dersmikner wrote:

I have and I regret it and I'll probably never forget it, based on the look on the guy's face.

I was a freshman in college and I lived in a private all-male, 95% Greek (guys in fraternities) dorm. We had a sport court and we played a lot of basketball. Well, the kid who lived across the hall from me was a black guy we'll call Terry. Truth be told Terry was a complete knob. He listened to nothing but classical music, he was the least athletic person I've ever met, he studied all frigging day and night and he wouldn't drink with us. He was "whiter" than any white kid I've ever met. He was really a nice guy but I couldn't hang out with him because of his nerdiness. I studied with him, I ate with him, but I never went out with him or anything like that. We'd watch TV but no way I was getting caught with a knob like that out in public.

Well, we were short a guy to play basketball one day and NOBODY wanted Terry to play with us because he SUCKED. Finally we had to force him to play so we'd have even teams.

Well during the game a guy on the other team, a buddy of mine named Scott, was just playing like an asshole. He was coming over the back on every rebound, he was hacking, he was playing bullshit basketball.

At one point in the game he just basically tackled me. I had finally had it and I said "DUDE, why don't you drop the niggerball and play it straight?"

Fuck me. I saw the look on Terry's face and it was like someone had run over his dog or kicked him in the gut. He was genuinely shocked and hurt. I went back to my room without saying a word to anyone and I sat with the TV off and the door locked for probably a day and a half. I could see all the shit in that guy's face that he was thinking and it sucked. "Bob's a racist, he never really liked me, I'm always gonna be looked at this way no matter what I do in life, these guys don't think of me as the honor student who likes Bach they think of me as the _______ we are stuck living with," etc., etc., etc.

That was 1986 and I still remember it.

There aren't a lot of things I'd take back in my life even if I could, but that's one of them for sure. I like to think he's forgotten it but the look he had on his face tells me probably not. And on the off chance this incident rings a bell to any 40 year old black guys here and it was you that Fall at The University of Texas Goodall Wooten dorm, I'm sorry, again.
1 question. Wtf's a niggerball?!?
IG-Calibre
comhalta
+226|6788|Tír Eoghan, Tuaisceart Éireann
i'm ashamed to say when we were kids we used to give black British soldiers dogs abuse. The Irish can be woeful racists truly borne out of ignorance and the fact that very seldom did you see a black person in the 70's & 80's & only ever in a uniform..
IRONCHEF
+385|6536|Northern California
Not sure how discrimintory this is, but I believe I am committing them more and more lately. 

I live in an area where violent crime is increasing at an unprecedented rate.  It's saturating tv and movies more and more.  My family is being effected by the crime.  And unfortunately, I'm beginning to blame, more and more, young black men.  Allow me to explain...

In my city, there have been alot of new 'section 8' (government subsidized housing for poor) residents moving in.  Because of the lack of supervision of section 8 landlords, landlords who don't follow the law and screen their renters because they just want the free government checks, there has been a huge influx of blacks and other minorities into our city from crime ridden Oakland and Richmond.  Indeed, there were actually advertisement billboards in those cities saying "come to Antioch for affordable housing!"  They came..and they brought their ghetto-ass "culture" with them.  Since that influx began, crimes committed by this dirtbags in those cities fell while they grew in ours once they moved in.  25% of our city population is section 8 now.

Here's my point...  In my neighborhood, there's alot of these section 8 dwellers.  They "mostly" don't have jobs, they pay next to nothing in rent.  While all their neighbors are working hard to pay their insane mortgages, they criminals among them go out, door-to-door (screen door, sliding back door, etc) and go to work too...working at robbing, raping, burglarizing, etc.  Real estate plummets because their yards and homes become reckless abandons..even the nice homes priced from $800k and up with section 8 dwellers are plummeting...their neighbor's homes with them.

And guess what...pretty much all you EVER see are blacks committing the crimes.  Rarely you'll see a hispanic male doing something..but it's usually in relation to a sureno party or something.  I"m not just generalizing, I actually am an active radio user and radio scanner and the wife and I are convinced that at least 90% of ALL crimes in our city (and that's just the ones we know about on ch 1 of the local PD dispatch) are black male initiated.  Every damned day and night, "bmj yelling at customers and throwing cans of soda at them at the dollar store..."  or "211 [armed robbery] strong arm at [residential address] in progress..RP witness says two stabbed residents ran outside screaming..."  It doesn't stop, ever..  In my condo complex there are always black male juveniles in their typical "garden variety" (police use this term too) dress of black hoodie (hooded sweatshirt) and blue jeans casing the parking lot, looking for undelivered UPS/FEDEX packages on door steps so they can rob the home, etc.  I've seen crimes committed shamelessly by brazen young black men...I even confronted 4 black male juveniles stealing a car..they just stared at me (one came around the car towards me before I had to flee in the car I was in) as I sat there saying "damn!  you're just stealing this car shamelessly, aren't you?!?  The owners just got out, walked 50 feet to the pumpkin patch with their child to pick out a pumpkin, and you are stealing their car...absolutely shameless..."

So yeah, when I see black hoodies and baggy pants, I ALWAYS assume they are criminals.  Sue me.  The more "thug-like" they look, the more thug-like I think they are.  I'm not gonna do anything illegal, but I'm ready to interfere with their crimes if I have any suspicion whatsoever about them.  Bummer more citizens don't get fed up and act accordingly..instead, they live in prison in their homes, scared daily..not giving testimony of the crimes they witness.

Oh, and for what it's worth, I fully support "racial profiling" as used by law enforcement.  nothing illegal about it, unless they use it in conjunction with illegal activites, searches, etc.  It's an invaluable practice that keeps ME and my community safe, so hell yes it's a good policy.

Last edited by IRONCHEF (2008-02-01 10:24:30)

FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6545|so randum
Why does Beyonce sing "To the left to the left"?
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6685|Your moms bedroom

FatherTed wrote:

isnt there a line that comes after that?
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6545|so randum

Locoloki wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

isnt there a line that comes after that?
possibly
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6513
If you get out of the Train Station in Harlem, the second building on the left is a Pop-eyes Chicken.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6545|so randum

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

If you get out of the Train Station in Harlem, the second building on the left is a Pop-eyes Chicken.
well...no not that.

i dnt want banz so i be quietz
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Funky_Finny
Banned
+456|6178|Carnoustie, Scotland

FatherTed wrote:

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

well...no not that.

i dnt want banz so i be quietz
I call this guy an Irish drunk, does that count?
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6538|N. Ireland
Yes, several times. But if you mean in a very serious manner (ie not a joke) then I can't recall, but would never say never.
Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6740|The Ville
When I was in high school, we drove to the ghetto and shot roman candles out the window. I don't think anyone was around but I guess we were just being stupid. We also yelled the N word out the window too. Pretty immature if you asked me.

Edit : Surprised we didn't get shot at for the roman candle thing.

Last edited by Obiwan (2008-02-01 11:29:52)

SealXo
+309|6581
I got busted for making fun of a russian in first grade, he was fresh soviet, which is ironic because im lithuanian.

and i was like AHAHAH YURI FUNNYA ASS NAME!

and the teacher was like omfgz! RACIST

Last edited by SealXo (2008-02-01 11:35:32)

robcr9
+111|6026
Today actually , there was a picture of a realy skinny person on the Whiteboard (interactive ). i said to someone in my class , hey look its you!
then the next slide it was about the Holocaust, i though " oh shit "

Because he is of Jewish relation.
i did it by accident but i felt really bad.
avman633
+116|6409
I joke around a lot with my friends about race. We all know its just jokes so we don't take it seriously. I have racially discriminated people though, usually white people with long hair

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard