IRONCHEF
+385|6498|Northern California
Sad to say this, but this group is better than the last group 4 years ago..and I'll not be voting on Feb 5th for our primary (edwards dropped out and i cannot gain an honest opinion of the measures 94-97).  I'd like Obama over Clinton but I can't vote for him for some things.  As much as I dislike Romney, I would love to make sure he got elected over that senile old bat McCain..but i'm unable to.

In short.  Honest and true people do not run for this office, or do not recieve more than 1% of polling because they look bad and they don't have popular names..and the cash, sadly.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6697|Tampa Bay Florida
you picked Clinton over Obama?

.... shame on you.
CoronadoSEAL
pics or it didn't happen
+207|6525|USA

sergeriver wrote:

usmarine wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Yeah, that helps a lot.
So just throw your vote to someone you dont agree with or even like?  Ya that helps also.
Vote the one you disagree the least.  Ok, you don't have a straight flush, so what?  If you have a pair of 4's place your bet because that's the hand you have.  If you pass you'll lose anyway and maybe the other players don't have a pair.
if enough people don't vote, it would indicate that there is a need for a third and/or fourth party; and they would actually have a chance at winning...   ...?
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6536|Global Command
The sooner they finish destroying my country the sooner we can get a rope and hang them.
Start over.

But man, do I feel your pain.

If  McCain is the guy, I'll be hoping for Obama.

Shit what shitty shitting shit.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6697|Tampa Bay Florida

ATG wrote:

The sooner they finish destroying my country the sooner we can get a rope and hang them.
Start over.

But man, do I feel your pain.

If  McCain is the guy, I'll be hoping for Obama.

Shit what shitty shitting shit.
For the lulz, Obama and McCain should take a shit on both parties and run together for President/VP.

That way we could stay in Iraq... and leave at the same time.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6452|The Land of Scott Walker

G3|Genius wrote:

Hillary has you thinking she has experience, but she's only had 1 1/2 terms as senator.  She's practically still a freshman.  She has no experience.

I'm afraid I'm going to go with Mitt Romney.  I like that he has experience in small business.  I like that he's not a washington politician but a former governor.  And I do think that he's electable.
Same.
DeathBecomesYu
+171|6187

OrangeHound wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

OrangeHound wrote:

The Presidency is not a place for a geriatric reconciler who has the potential to have a 'nam flashback ... we need a leader without a mental time bomb (sorry McCain)
R U 4 REAL?
I just don't "connect" with McCain ... I also don't like Senators as Presidents (different job) and he is a career Senator. 

Hillary at least has those 8 years around the White House.
So does the cook!! Being "around" for 8 years doesn't qualify you for anything.

Last edited by DeathBecomesYu (2008-01-30 11:14:33)

Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6647|Your moms bedroom
Hillarys contribution during Bill Clintons early presidency was to look into a National Health care system when he first became president (free health care for everyone). Kudos to her. However after she failed to beat the Lobbyists, she about faced and took money from them when she ran for senator.

Watch the movie Sicko

i guess if thats the type of person you want to vote for and run your country, go for it
RECONDO67
+60|6643|miami FL
there is no political system anymore. all we have is a bunch of degenerates  that run for office to load their own pockets
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6639|949

Stingray24 wrote:

G3|Genius wrote:

I'm afraid I'm going to go with Mitt Romney.  I like that he has experience in small business.  I like that he's not a washington politician but a former governor.  And I do think that he's electable.
Same.
Haha.  I guess steering a company with billions of dollars in investments is experience in small business.  Managing equity and investments and overseeing LBO's is basically the antithesis of a small business.

What I find truly interesting is the fact that he is a successful businessman would be the only reason I would even consider voting for him (but I'm not).

If you are not going to vote for one of the two prominent candidates, at least throw your vote for a candidate you agree with that isn't a frontrunner.  Consider it a dissent vote that may show the public and political institutions what they are offering is simply not cutting it.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6452|The Land of Scott Walker

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

G3|Genius wrote:

Same.
Haha.  I guess steering a company with billions of dollars in investments is experience in small business.  Managing equity and investments and overseeing LBO's is basically the antithesis of a small business.

What I find truly interesting is the fact that he is a successful businessman would be the only reason I would even consider voting for him (but I'm not).

If you are not going to vote for one of the two prominent candidates, at least throw your vote for a candidate you agree with that isn't a frontrunner.  Consider it a dissent vote that may show the public and political institutions what they are offering is simply not cutting it.
I like Romney's business experience and experience as governor since Fred Thompson dropped out.  Unfortunately Thompson never got traction for some reason and Romney and McCain are now the 2 Rep frontrunners.
Brasso
+1,549|6637

Edwards?
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
David.P
Banned
+649|6281

haffeysucks wrote:

Edwards?
Misses Kerry in the sack?
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6335

Ron Paul is the only one that seems to have real, genuine values that hold true to the constitution and our founding fathers, and seeing him only get what, 3-5% in Florida (Last I heard, but I didn't follow) sickens me to think that our Nation is just utterly blind to the state our Government is in. It's a shame the media doesn't cover on him, or give him any time to speak. A real fucking shame
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
SgtSlutter
Banned
+550|6645|Amsterdam, NY
https://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/imgad?id=CMO80_jOvL7TVhDYBRhPMgi0fwEuGffYgQ
We can only hope
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6674

Locoloki wrote:

i'd rather vote for someone with zero experience.... that means they are less corrupt or more likely to side with what the voters want, not what the lobbyists want
That idea didn't turn out so well for us California folks for our choice in a Governor.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6662

I hate all of the front-runners, too. I think they'll all ruin our country.

I'm strongly leaning towards Ron Paul, he's more of a libertarian than Republican (even though he does have some radically conservative views).

Yet again, this election is another one of those "choose the lesser evil" deals.

Hahah, and last night I overheard some people talking, one guy was saying that rallying behind Obama was more of a fad. People are like "yeah he's black and cool." and yet they didn't know anything about him or any other candidates.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6545|Long Island, New York
Obama may not have as much experience as Hilary (although being the first lady really isn't what I'd consider true "experience"), but he:

1) has inspiration, ideas and ways to make the country a better place and look better to foreign allies and other countries in general

2) is a better debater and can move an entire crowd of people so well

3) is more likeable than Hilary

4) And if we elect a woman, we'd look weak to enemy countries (Iran, Venezuela, etc). It's bad enough we have Bush in the white house who they ridicule and don't take seriously, but if we elect a woman we'll be a laughingstock. I'm not a sexist or anything, it's just the way the world works, unfortunately.

I honestly believe if we elect a nutjob like Hilary (who wants to censor all your video games by the way), this country is going to be further down the drain than it already is.

Last edited by Poseidon (2008-01-30 12:59:13)

Ghandi767
+17|6629|Hanging in the Balance
With all due respect, what experience does Hillary have? She ran around Washington for 8 years going from cocktail party to cocktail party while Monica from from cock to cock.

McCain I like because he stands for honor, duty and ethical behavior and also isnt a liberal/conservative nutjob.
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6656|Washington DC

G3|Genius wrote:

Well, while I would agree that the business and Governor experience is good, Romney has a big problem called "Mormonism".   I seriously doubt that the large evangelical block of the Republican party will support him, and they will soon break away from Huckabee and toward McCain.

(I don't want to turn this into a religious debate, but Evangelicals consider Mormonism to be evil.)

So, I seriously doubt Romney will be the nominee of the pubs.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6536|Global Command

Ghandi767 wrote:

With all due respect, what experience does Hillary have? She ran around Washington for 8 years going from cocktail party to cocktail party while Monica from from cock to cock.

McCain I like because he stands for honor, duty and ethical behavior and also isnt a liberal/conservative nutjob.
Civil discourse people, it's what this country needs.  Educated and informed people can disagree.  In fact, it is almost exclusively that group that does so.
IRONCHEF
Can someone please define "experience?"  I"m soooo sick of people using that word in conjunction with a presidential candidate's "electability" or qualification!   Bush was easily the most unqualified person to sit at ANY desk, proven by his every move.  In fact, I can't think of a single instance where he acted presidential ("presidential" is NOT a well orchestrated photo op). 

And by this litmus, ANY of the candidates - from Kucinich to Paul, to Tancredo to Thompson, to the front runners can easily do a better job and be more qualified. 

In my humble opinion, the qualifications I'd like a president to have is that they not have traditional political experience, but rather some military experience (maybe a requirement that you served honorably).  Being able to reason well, negotiate, and use diplomatic and wise speech in your encounters foreign and domestic.  That's about all I want.  Someone who understands the basics of our constitutional rights and can direct dialog (not settle debates) on those rights as a leader should.  A president is a product of his cabinet, so selection of those members is vital to their success, but it's not a sign of a good president..especially when said president is appointing friends and sponsors of his ego.  There should be a serious look into "conflicts of interest" ethics involved in such appointments.

Ghandi767 wrote:

Wow.  I was thinking more along the lines of "sell out" "senile" "ass-backwards" and "hotheaded (100x worse than Bolton)."  I can still see the video footage of him walking through a market in the green zone with his small army of troops, helicoptors and other valuable resources and his flak vest on showing how safe it is....and I also remember the next day hearing how 6 merchants in that market McCain strolled through were executed for nothing more than proving McCain was wrong.  And guess what?  It gets worse!   Picture this psycho with Lieberman!  lol

Last edited by IRONCHEF (2008-01-30 13:38:27)

Psycho
Member since 2005
+44|6783|Kansas, USA
1988 Bush Sr.
1992 Clinton
1996 Clinton
2000 Bush Jr.
2004 Bush Jr.

We have had a Bush or Clinton in the Whitehouse for 2 freakin decades! Even IF I though Hillary was the best candidate I wouldn't vote for her. We need to end this twisted poly-monarchy. It's seems like political incest. Or we could just keep it going by electing Hillary for a term or two and then electing Jeb Bush for a term or two. By then the Clinton/Bush daughters would be of age to run.

My vote will be for McCain assuming he gets the nomination. The religious right doesn't care for him much (which is why he didn't get the nomination in 2000), but even though Romney is "more" of a conservative his religion will hurt him with that crowd. Both partys have been controlled by the most extreme of their members. If McCain wins the nomination I fully expect him to win - heck, he even has a democratic senator who is campaining for him!

Last edited by Psycho (2008-01-30 13:35:53)

Snorkelfarsan
Soup Boy
+32|6613|Stockholm, Sweden

Ilocano wrote:

Locoloki wrote:

i'd rather vote for someone with zero experience.... that means they are less corrupt or more likely to side with what the voters want, not what the lobbyists want
That idea didn't turn out so well for us California folks for our choice in a Governor.
What's wrong with the Schwarzenegger, i thought he did a lot of good things in California?
IRONCHEF

Psycho wrote:

My vote will be for McCain assuming he gets the nomination. The religious right doesn't care for him much (which is why he didn't get the nomination in 2000), but even though Romney is "more" of a conservative his religion will hurt him with that crowd. Both partys have been controlled by the most extreme of their members.
I don't know.  There's many a baptist who hate Romney and his church more than anything, but if it came to Clinton vs. Romney...it's not even an issue...they're just like everyone else who will vote for the lesser of evils...even if it's a mormon.

Speaking of, and as one, RIP Gordon B Hinckley.  Enjoy being with your wife again!

Snorkelfarsan wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

Locoloki wrote:

What's wrong with the Schwarzenegger, i thought he did a lot of good things in California?
Yeah, what's wrong with Arnold?  HE's not doing everything right, but he's light years better than Davis.  I"m pissed that he signed the microstamping bill, but he's doing his best to recoup the robbed billions enron stole.

Last edited by IRONCHEF (2008-01-30 13:42:33)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard