OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6647|Washington DC

I cannot believe that the best that the American political establishment can produce is Clinton, Obama, McCain, Romney, and Huckabee.

This is madness.

I'm an independent, but I lean Republican (vote GOP probably 4 out of 5 times), but I cannot for the life of me see either McCain, Romney, or Huckabee as the leader of this country ...

The Presidency is not an entry level position for a smooth-talking, one-hit wonder with about zero experience (sorry Obama)
The Presidency is not a place to advance your Christian agenda, plus you have no political infrastructure to win anyway (sorry Huckabee)
The Presidency is not a place for a geriatric reconciler who has the potential to have a 'nam flashback ... we need a leader without a mental time bomb (sorry McCain)
The Presidency is not for sale, and we don't need someone who just cowers to whatever debate position  is popular (sorry Romney)

This leaves me with Clinton.  *shivers*

(Meh, maybe I'll float over toward McCain, but I'm just not there right now).
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6759

Don't vote.
aimless
+166|6122|Texas
Ron Paul?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6598|132 and Bush

OrangeHound wrote:

The Presidency is not a place for a geriatric reconciler who has the potential to have a 'nam flashback ... we need a leader without a mental time bomb (sorry McCain)
R U 4 REAL?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
OrangeHound

Kmarion wrote:

OrangeHound wrote:

R U 4 REAL?
I just don't "connect" with McCain ... I also don't like Senators as Presidents (different job) and he is a career Senator. 

Hillary at least has those 8 years around the White House.
OrangeHound

usmarine wrote:

Don't vote.
I didn't vote for President in 2004 because the choice was between Bush and Kerry ... once again, crappy candidates.

(I voted for other offices, just not the President).
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6598|132 and Bush

I can give at least five other reasons other than he is old..

McCain is a horrible debater also.. imo.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6619|London, England
It shouldn't be available to people who ride on the success of others either. Dynastic politics always fail, and the US isn't exempt from that.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6759

OrangeHound wrote:

(I voted for other offices, just not the President).
Same here.  And it appears this year will be the same for me.
OrangeHound

Kmarion wrote:

I can give at least five other reasons other than he is old..
Yeah ... me too ... I'm just getting annoyed at the options, and I feel like slandering the candidates.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6755|Argentina

usmarine wrote:

Don't vote.
Yeah, that helps a lot.
GranTorino72
+1|5943
This is a sorry state of affairs ain't it. We really haven't had a good candidate in 11 years. I stop there because i didn't care about politics in grade school.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6764|UK
The Presidency is not an entry level position for a smooth-talking, one-hit wonder with about zero experience (sorry Obama)

Dont you mean sorry hillary?
Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6638|Your moms bedroom
i'd rather vote for someone with zero experience.... that means they are less corrupt or more likely to side with what the voters want, not what the lobbyists want
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6563|Area 51
/me grabs a shotgun, points and holds the trigger
*Click, Click, Click* Fook! No ammo.
/me gets a club and starts hammering away on you
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6759

sergeriver wrote:

usmarine wrote:

Don't vote.
Yeah, that helps a lot.
So just throw your vote to someone you dont agree with or even like?  Ya that helps also.
howler_27
+90|6685
Yes, I also agree that the field is marginal at best.  However to not vote is to disrespect every damn person that has served this country to secure the future of your freedom to vote and voice your opinion.  Even if to don't vote for a nominated canditate, it's your responsibility to get out there and cast your ballot for whom you think is the right person, regardless of if they are on the ballot or not.  That is why they have a write in portion.

Get out there, cast the ballot, and be at peace that you truely believe in the person you pick.  If you don't then you should not have any place in bitching about who's in office or, what's being done right or wrong.   Good luck to whoever wins this race.  I truely hope that they can hold off the bullshit of special interest parties and get this country back on track to where it belongs.   In positive view of the worlds eye, and able to make descisions that are win/win for the majority.
G3|Genius
Pope of BF2s
+355|6624|Sea to globally-cooled sea
Hillary has you thinking she has experience, but she's only had 1 1/2 terms as senator.  She's practically still a freshman.  She has no experience.

I'm afraid I'm going to go with Mitt Romney.  I like that he has experience in small business.  I like that he's not a washington politician but a former governor.  And I do think that he's electable.
OrangeHound

Vilham wrote:

Dont you mean sorry hillary?
Hillary has as much executive experience with the Presidency as a Vice President, probably more.  First ladies have tremendous impacts on policy and decisions.
Lai
+186|6149
What about:

The Presidency is not a place to use to play even with your husband, meanwhile making use of HIS name.
The Presidency is not a place to be claimed merely as a symbol of gender equality.
The Presidency is not a place where your inconsistencies and inadequacies should or can be masked by a clown's laugh.

I'd go for Obama since I think a non Caucasian American president may give an important signal to the world. The fact that he's young also means he most likely won't be affected by Alzheimer anytime soon, it makes him appeal to a wider public and he's still more able to learn.

I must admit though that I find McCain appear remarkably sympathetic and less of a brainless dickhead than the average Republican grandad. I could see him as a US president and not the chimp type they have now.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6755|Argentina

usmarine wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

usmarine wrote:

Don't vote.
Yeah, that helps a lot.
So just throw your vote to someone you dont agree with or even like?  Ya that helps also.
Vote the one you disagree the least.  Ok, you don't have a straight flush, so what?  If you have a pair of 4's place your bet because that's the hand you have.  If you pass you'll lose anyway and maybe the other players don't have a pair.
Drakef
Cheeseburger Logicist
+117|6359|Vancouver
Vote for an independent or small party. While it may not have any difference on who becomes the President of the United States, every independent vote is another one towards leaving a two-party system. The more who do so only encourage others to follow. It might make as much a difference as voting for a Democrat or Republican.
jason85
Banned
+58|5994|Mesa, AZ

G3|Genius wrote:

Hillary has you thinking she has experience, but she's only had 1 1/2 terms as senator.  She's practically still a freshman.  She has no experience.

I'm afraid I'm going to go with Mitt Romney.  I like that he has experience in small business.  I like that he's not a washington politician but a former governor.  And I do think that he's electable.
I know, everytime I see one of her commercials she keeps saying she has 35 years of experience. 35 years of what, being married to someone who held office?
jason85
Banned
+58|5994|Mesa, AZ

Lai wrote:

What about:

The Presidency is not a place to use to play even with your husband, meanwhile making use of HIS name.
The Presidency is not a place to be claimed merely as a symbol of gender equality.
The Presidency is not a place where your inconsistencies and inadequacies should or can be masked by a clown's laugh.

I'd go for Obama since I think a non Caucasian American president may give an important signal to the world. The fact that he's young also means he most likely won't be affected by Alzheimer anytime soon, it makes him appeal to a wider public and he's still more able to learn.

I must admit though that I find McCain appear remarkably sympathetic and less of a brainless dickhead than the average Republican grandad. I could see him as a US president and not the chimp type they have now.
I agree. Those two are the ones I'd like to see get the job. If McCain isn't the candidate then I'm voting for Obama, which is saying something because I normally despise the democratic party, and if neither of them get it, I'm voting independent.
Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6638|Your moms bedroom
experience is overrated, look what bush did with his second term

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard