AAFCptKabbom
+127|6674|WPB, FL. USA
As everyone is aware BF2 Stats/Leader board has been plagued with stat padders, hackers, and tag theft.  It is costing EA/Dice and PB financially since they will have to use their resources to correct the stats and develop new measures to prevent people from hacking their system.  On a more serious note it's causing irreparable harm to their brand which could cost them needed revenue to function as a corporation.

What do you think should be, could be, or may be done by EA/Dice and PB to protect their property and intellectual rights?

imho - It pisses me off that these guys don't think about the rest of us.  EA/Dice and PB have every right to squeeze these guys nads in court so they learn to be a little more responsible for their actions.  My money is on Chuy to do a reverse hack and cause their computers to send money to our bank accounts

http://www.NO HAX/

"187ci is your #1 source of UNDETECTED private hacks for BF2 and BF2142. While all of our competitor's hacks are currently detected, we remain as the best choice for UNDETECTED hacks, the quality of which is unsurpassed. 187ci also proudly..."

187CI
187CI
187CI
187HACKS
187HACKS
187HACKS
2142HACKS
BATTLEFIELDHACK
BF2142HACK
BF2142HACK
GODLIKEHACKS
MURDERCHEATS
MURDERCHEATS
MURDERCHEATS
QUAKEWARHACKS
QWHACK
T2X
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6670

That would be great if EA and their huge team of lawyers could shut these guys down. It's really fuckin' annoying. But will they bother going after them and spending even more money doing this? I doubt it.
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5977|Washington DC
Uhm, no. EA has gotten all the money it's wanted. They're not gonna waste time and money going after a bunch of kids who paid money for hacks.

edit: It doesn't necessarily cost resources. Find the guys with 16 million points, click Reset, done. I doubt EA / DICE care enough to make a patch to fix this. They've got BF:BC coming out soon, BF Heroes in the Summer, and hopefully BF3 is in development.

edit2: Why the hell is 1*8*7*ci (asterisks intentional) censored on the forums? Any idiot can type in "BF2 hacks" in Google and get a link in about 5 seconds

edit3: CS has a major history of hacks and yet Valve has never done anything other than strengthen their anti-cheat.

Last edited by HurricaИe (2008-01-29 15:28:09)

IRONCHEF
+385|6506|Northern California
inbeforeclose...

yes, but why wait until this embarassing hack has happened?  Why wouldn't they go after the chinese gold miners selling in game currency for years, or the other aimbotters and other simple hackers that have been around for years?  Only when it's to save their face..not paying customers' that they do something.
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6146|North Tonawanda, NY

sergeriver wrote:

I despise hackers and cheaters, but it's just a game dude.  You are talking about lawyers and stuff.  What are they gonna do?  Get in jail a bunch of 12 years old kids using hacks?  Nah.
Jail?  No.

Civil Liability for those who write the programs?  Sure.

Chances are, nothing will happen because yes, it is a game.  But I don't think criminal penalties are at stake here.
Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6656|Your moms bedroom
quite simply, you cheat, insta perma ban
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6758|London

I remember a few months ago a guy hacked into MSX's website (or some other hack provider) and gave punkbuster and EA all the names and accounts of who had paid for hacks.

Thier reply was along the lines of "just because they brought them, isn't proof they used them, so we won't do anything"

Shows how much they care, I'm glad the leaderboards are being made a mockery of.
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6484
187ci and Murdercheats and MSX don't make money off BF2 anymore and thus don't make many hack updates. Basically the current cheats being used are all detected by PB, save the Score hack which is done in BFHQ where PB has not jurisdiction. They get away with the rank hack but the ones how are cheating in servers are easily caught.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6647|949

As long as the game code and such are not open source there will be hacks.  People will find a way to exploit virtually anything.  The company can either vigorously go after and prosecute offenders, or try to implement as many security features in the coding as possible then release fixes.  Either way, somewhere, some way, people are going to find loopholes.  That is just the nature of software, and humans in general. 

Personally, I don't care about hackers, and never really have.  Sometimes when I die by someone I think (or *know) is hacking, sure it pisses me off - for maybe 2 seconds, just like most deaths.  The fact of the matter is, it is a game I paid for and if I want to buy a hack, who cares?  It's people that do hack and also think they are the best that make me laugh.  Ultimately it's up to the gaming community (whether it is BF2s, a clan, or just a local group who play on the same server) to ostracize people who cheat to let them know the community will not accept it.

Last edited by KEN-JENNINGS (2008-01-29 15:49:34)

Ryan
+1,230|6859|Alberta, Canada

I like how they say their hacks are undetectable, yet they keep getting reset.

I wonder how they got 16,000,000 points? They obviously don't hack, it's totally undetectable.
Nu7
Banned
+12|6422
Might not want get them pissed they can hack you accounts and put them on the leaderboards for a reset
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6305|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

Nu7 wrote:

Might not want get them pissed they can hack you accounts and put them on the leaderboards for a reset
statsrlief

I don't think too many of the regular posters here care that much about their stats, especially considering most of them don't even play Battlefield 2 anymore.
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
Nu7
Banned
+12|6422
LOL then what the hell why you posting stuff on a website thats for bf2 when your not even playing the game??? just cant find anything better to do?

And if there posting STATS related topic i think they do care about there stats.

Last edited by Nu7 (2008-01-29 15:57:56)

KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6647|949

Nu7 wrote:

LOL then what the hell why you posting stuff on a website thats for bf2 when your not even playing the game??? just cant find anything better to do?

And if there posting STATS related topic i think they do care about there stats.
Here's the thing - I care about my stats in the sense that I like when I strive for an accomplishment (albeit computer pixels) and achieve it.  I like when I want to improve some aspect of my playing and I can see tangible results.  I like that I can see the progress I have made since I started playing.  What I don't care about is how I rank globally compared to all the other players - I don't give a fuck.  That is the main difference.  People have such a fixation with who is number 1 globally, who is best pilot, who is best commander, etc., when the reality is, within a global player base of millions of people, there is no definitve way to track that. 

Who the fuck cares?  Honestly, if Chuy (and other lesser stats sites) and EA eliminated a top ten leaderboard, this wouldn't be such a big deal.

Last edited by KEN-JENNINGS (2008-01-29 16:10:05)

AAFCptKabbom
+127|6674|WPB, FL. USA
It seems there's a bit of a theme going here...

Wouldn't you think that EA/Dice would want to protect what little is left of their reputation.  I would also say that PB is loosing face over this and would want to aggressively pursue the obvious source.   I wouldn't go after the gamers - I would go after the source.

Just imagine if this was to go on unchallenged how it would affect future games - it's not like EA/Dice will all of a sudden have new servers and coding only for a new release.
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5977|Washington DC

AAFCptKabbom wrote:

It seems there's a bit of a theme going here...

Wouldn't you think that EA/Dice would want to protect what little is left of their reputation.  I would also say that PB is loosing face over this and would want to aggressively pursue the obvious source.   I wouldn't go after the gamers - I would go after the source.

Just imagine if this was to go on unchallenged how it would affect future games - it's not like EA/Dice will all of a sudden have new servers and coding only for a new release.
Again: CS

And Nu7, we came for the popcorn and stayed for the pie so to speak. And frankly, at least for me, I'm bored of the popcorn... but not the pie.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6722|67.222.138.85

HurricaИe wrote:

edit2: Why the hell is 1*8*7*ci (asterisks intentional) censored on the forums? Any idiot can type in "BF2 hacks" in Google and get a link in about 5 seconds
I wasn't aware of any censoring on BF2S?
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5977|Washington DC

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

HurricaИe wrote:

On the front page it says 187*ci.com (no asterisk)

In the topic it says NO HAX

Try it yourself, 187*ci.com (without the *) filters into NO HAX.

Last edited by HurricaИe (2008-01-29 16:31:55)

KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6647|949

HurricaИe wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

HurricaИe wrote:

The website does not want to be mentioned in conjunction with hacking websites or infer endorsement.  I think they should eliminate the global leaderboard from the front page.
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5977|Washington DC

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

HurricaИe wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

The website does not want to be mentioned in conjunction with hacking websites or infer endorsement.  I think they should eliminate the global leaderboard from the front page.
meh

Sorry if that doesn't seem constructive, it's really all I can say. Hacking was srs bsns when BF2 was in its prime.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6722|67.222.138.85

HurricaИe wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

HurricaИe wrote:

Sure is
RandomSchl
|\/|€|\/|߀|2
+52|6459|California

HurricaИe wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

HurricaИe wrote:

let me try:

NO HAX

EDIT: cool, It changed my text.

Last edited by RandomSchl (2008-01-29 17:17:19)

ThaReaper
Banned
+410|6655
NO HAX
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6690|Canberra, AUS
I think it's time to move on to new games which have better support.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6164|San Antonio, Texas
Silly rabbit, hacks are for kids!

Cool feature!

Last edited by Cyrax-Sektor (2008-01-29 17:52:47)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard