Kurazoo
Pheasant Plucker
+440|6702|West Yorkshire, U.K
Love harry potter - Know everything about it!
hawaythelads
We are PREMIER LEAGUE!
+84|6504|Newcastle Upon Tyne.
Read all 7, Liked all 7. Theres never really been any other books ive read in a series before these, other than 3 by Ben Mezrich about gambling.
Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6658|Your moms bedroom
finished book 7 last night
colonelioan
+14|6473|Kanada
All this Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter things are completely retarded, I saw one movies of both unwillingly and i was DISGUSTED that we live in world where this kind of shit can be made AND admired.

Harry Potter and the stuff going with = WASTE OF PAPER
Kurazoo
Pheasant Plucker

colonelioan wrote:

All this Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter things are completely retarded, I saw one movies of both unwillingly and i was DISGUSTED that we live in world where this kind of shit can be made AND admired.

The harry potter movies suck

Read the book before you insult it you ignorant person!
colonelioan
+14|6473|Kanada

Kurazoo wrote:

colonelioan wrote:

The harry potter movies suck

Read the book before you insult it you ignorant person!
I read Potter at the school of shit in Elementary and it sucked so bad that i threw it in a fire, burns nicely.
Ollie
Formerly known as Larkin
+215|6002|Halifax, West Yorkshire

Kurazoo wrote:

In that case: Who is your daddy, and what does he do?
Kurazoo
Pheasant Plucker

Ollie wrote:

Kurazoo wrote:

My daddy is de-ad for you information shit head

lol quoted from that prank call
Ollie
Formerly known as Larkin
+215|6002|Halifax, West Yorkshire

Kurazoo wrote:

Ollie wrote:

Kurazoo wrote:

My daddy is de-ad for you information shit head

lol quoted from that prank call
"My daddy for your information is dead...and y'know, people like you should be right there under the ground with him?"
GuliblGuy
Zulu son, what!?!
+79|6803|Anaheim, CA

The books were awesome, and the movies were pretty cool to see some of it in action (quidditch and such).
jrav091
+8|5993|Northeast, USA
HP = amazing...i'm pissed that all books are over and am expecting big things from movies...overall the books are awesome
PureFodder
+225|6303
I read the first one and couldn't grasp why everyone thought it was so different from all the other kids books. The films looked very impressive but were fairly dull and predictable tbh.

Oh and Quidditch is possibly the worst idea for a sport ever conceived. There's a team of players who spend most of the match doing all the playing and scoring, then right at the end there's some bonus ball that 2 players fly around after that's worth way more than the rest of the team is likely to have scored in the entire match, so why bother with the rest of the team? It's like having a game of football or baseball or whatever, then after the match is over, tossing a coin and whoever wins the toss wins the match. Stupid, poorly thought out excuse for a game.
topthrill05
+125|6595|Rochester NY USA

colonelioan wrote:

So you think your a tough guy now?

Nice try.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6518|so randum

colonelioan wrote:

Yes, Lord of The Rings is retarded.

Of course, one of the best pieces of modern literature is stupid.

Of course, it couldn't possibly be you.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
colonelioan
+14|6473|Kanada

topthrill05 wrote:

colonelioan wrote:

So you think your a tough guy now?

Nice try.
Your comment doesn't even make sense.
colonelioan
+14|6473|Kanada

FatherTed wrote:

colonelioan wrote:

WHAT, YOU CALL HP A MASTERPIECE?! DUDE GO IN THE LIBRARY AND READ REAL BOOKS, NOW!
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6518|so randum

colonelioan wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

colonelioan wrote:

WHAT, YOU CALL HP A MASTERPIECE?! DUDE GO IN THE LIBRARY AND READ REAL BOOKS, NOW!
If you re-read what i posted, i actually said Lord Of the Rings.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
colonelioan
+14|6473|Kanada

FatherTed wrote:

colonelioan wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

If you re-read what i posted, i actually said Lord Of the Rings.
Yes i know Mr obvious, thank you.
Locoloki
some people just dont dig fantasy, it does take some imagination to appreciate it
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6650|949

FatherTed wrote:

I could easily name at least 20 pieces of modern literature far better than LOTR.  I actually can't believe you said that.  What do you read?
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6724
How the hell did the thread catch on fire?

Last edited by Deadmonkiefart (2008-01-29 18:08:25)

Locoloki
i read somewhere that the bible was number 1 and lotr was #2
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6166|San Antonio, Texas
The first movie got me to look into the books. Apparently, the school's library always had them checked out. People just read it because it was a fad, the thing to be reading. If it wasn't HP, it was the Berenstein Bears, dear lord.

When I finally got my hands on a copy, I thought it was the best book I've read in ages. It may have been the book that got me into reading. It progressively got more interesting, then HBP and DH kinda phailed IMO.

After reading the HP series, I looked into other books. I tried the Hobbit, boring. Inkheart was alright, took a few checkouts to finish it, kept doing something else, mainly video games. The final installment, Inkdeath, is due this year, I think. They're making a movie too, but it'll probably be like the HP movies, not as good as the books.

Bruce Coville and William Sleator are good for fantasy/sci-fi books too. Sleator, he knows how to give books that twist. I recommend Interstellar Pig, The Green Futures of Tycho and Hell Phone.
BRiiNDED
+137|6142
ill probably get flamed for this but shit happens, ive read the first 6 books around 8 times each, and the seventh one around 2-3 times, i dont care, i get like as though i have to keep reading when i read em, i hate reading in general but harry potter books are just well written to keep a reader engrosed
and what Cyrax said, the DH book (number 7) did fail, i was expecting some epic ending but it was funny xD

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard