alizard
+0|6795
I'm with the joystick lovers for sure. There is no other way once your use to it. The biggest thing I've noticed about most pilots, is that noone really understands how to use throttle. That has to be the most important aspect of it for any "good" pilot. With the chopper it's alot different than the jet. It's a collective on the chopper, not a throttle. Up gives u upword  pull , down let's u sink. Both of these have to be done a good full second, maybe more, b4 you actually get the reaction. Coming off the collective from full while trying to spin also greatly increases your ability to make tight turns. The best way to get use to it would be in BF42 desert combat. If you don't understand how the throttle works u'll be toast, time and time again. Once your use to that , you'll notice how unresponsive the choppers in BF2 really are. I think they were great in BFV, my fav chopper sim of all time, in terms of actually piloting, the weapons are a different story

Keep at it Baggy you'll soon  be able to show the keyboard lovers why a joystick is better.
rook187
+0|6714

EmpireGP wrote:

I've got the Logitch Extreme 3D Pro and it kicks much butt for flying the chopper.

There is no way you can match the precision of a joystick with on/off keyboard buttons and a mouse. It's like some kid telling me he's better with an XBox gamepad at FPS games than I am with a mouse/keyboard...

You NEED to use the throttle and the twist functions on your joystick, thats what really complets it.
I picked up the Logitech Xtreme 3d Pro today and practice a bit with the helos.

Man that was fun!!!!

It was like night and day from using thekeyboard and mouse.

One problem though, when I jump into a plane, all I do is crash on the runway. How can it work fine in the chopper one second then when I hop in a plane it goes to hell???

Help me please.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6739|California

i have the saitek x52, boy this thing is hard. i havent used a joystick in my life, can someone give me some pointers? its hard for me becuase it has a wrist trist as another axis i think, can anyone give me suggestion on how to set it?
{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6727|th3 unkn0wn

stryyker wrote:

i have the saitek x52, boy this thing is hard. i havent used a joystick in my life, can someone give me some pointers? its hard for me becuase it has a wrist trist as another axis i think, can anyone give me suggestion on how to set it?
Try sitting on it
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6739|California

ooo ouch, its not the pleasure model :S

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard