Spider1980
#1 Commander
+92|6549|Washington
I've tried before and got no luck...

Where do you shoot or aim with the 50. cal to kill the pilot? in heli and jet

+1 to you if you show me a good screenshot with hit markings

Last edited by Spider1980 (2008-01-25 11:42:22)

cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6298|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

Well, I can say from general experience is to never take the shot from the front of the chopper/jet. Hitboxes will make the model accept the bullet, and prevent it from hitting the hitbox.
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
mcgid1
Meh...
+129|6725|Austin, TX/San Antonio, TX
Directly at the head whlie the jet/heli is on the ground.

If the are in the air, jet is pure luck, while I'll usually wait for a chopper to slow down or go into a hover.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6851|Reykjavík, Iceland.
The chance of you hitting a flying jet pilot, no matter what angle is 0.000001%

Thank BF2's crappy hit registration.
Raphi
Banned
+354|6266|Basel, Switzerland
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ssonh1el_yk

Shot 5 helis in this movie, maybe it helps.
kptk92
u
+972|6416|tc_london
How aboot avoid the chopper?

Works for me
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6164|Vancouver | Canada
In the head?

Distance/bullet drop is the same as sniping infantry, obviously.

I've killed a chopper pilot circle strafing me once, but it's hard.

If you a smoking chopper, just keep hitting the cockpit.
DankmanHightimes
+24|6508|atlanta GA
on iron gator when they rape the island from flight deck, i aim where the chopper propeller attaches to the chopper. 180-200m shot depending on where you shot from. and very rare kill. i got maybe 4 kill shots now. only once got the pilot depends on angle and height of chopper
dont_be_ss
+312|6602|selby, n. yorkshire, UK

Watch the start of my sniper movie, theres an f35 pilot kill in super slow motion
Danbowski
SAUSAGE
+16|6360|Massachusetts
lol hax
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6530
the head usually works
SplinterStrike
Roamer
+250|6419|Eskimo land. AKA Canada.
Car windshields work the same way as chopper glass right?

If so,
https://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u47/SplinterStrike/screen188.jpg
JetSniper
R.I.P [EPIC]Pfcguinn
+113|6345

dont_be_ss wrote:

Watch the start of my sniper movie, theres an f35 pilot kill in super slow motion
ur sick
Zilla
Killa of threads
+122|6650|7th level of hell

Spider1980 wrote:

I've tried before and got no luck...

Where do you shoot or aim with the 50. cal to kill the pilot? in heli and jet

+1 to you if you show me a good screenshot with hit markings
it helps not to be retarded spider, are you accounting for bullet drop, and/or vehicle movement?
irishtop
Hopscotch Champion
+11|6171|Houston, Texas
dont_be_ss that was one sick shooting. How did you shoot past the fog like that? I fancy myself as the 'frontline' sniper like on kark from 10m away lol
dont_be_ss

irishtop wrote:

dont_be_ss that was one sick shooting. How did you shoot past the fog like that? I fancy myself as the 'frontline' sniper like on kark from 10m away lol
Theres a few ways of doing it.... Go Squad leader, either ask commander to do a scan or have a squad member spot for you. Ask the commander to give you UAV where you think the target is. Once you see him on your map, zoom full so its EXACT, right click - attack this position command.

You'll then have a marker on the map to go by. It takes a bit of practice and its a little frustrating but you can make these kills quite often if you know where to aim on the little dagger marker.

Make sure you shoot at static targets, AA or snipers, jet/helo spawns work a treat too.

Hope this helps you get some Fog kills - 600m+
Hakei
Banned
+295|6003
This morning I shot a guy out of his cockpit with the .50 cal on the tank, he was flying right at me, shell missed so I aimed at the pilot, and somehow the bullets killed him.

If I remember rightly the jet landed as well.
tkoi
Utahraptor!
+148|6155|Texas

dont_be_ss wrote:

Too bad it was staged.
dont_be_ss

GGF0RCE wrote:

dont_be_ss wrote:

Too bad it was staged.
The first shot was, yes. It would be near on impossible to get a jet to go under the bridge while i was there on a live server, so the shot had to be set up. Still took a while to get, even at 500mph
JetSniper
R.I.P [EPIC]Pfcguinn
+113|6345

GGF0RCE wrote:

dont_be_ss wrote:

Too bad it was staged.
after all those nice shots all you can say is it was staged?

wow your a moron.
Rofl_My_Waffle
+11|6699
That was staged, and it doesn't matter what "nice" shots they were. They are not from the same game, they could have tried multiple times before they got one clip. All those was just strung together to form one video. It doesn't matter how good they looked in the video because those cannot be fired consistently.

Its not pro until people get consistently shot out of jets.

Its not the hitbox problem. Its more about the bullet travel time when ti comes to long distances. The hitbox problem is hardly a problem.
MysteryJake
+12|6215|California

Rofl_My_Waffle wrote:

That was staged, and it doesn't matter what "nice" shots they were. They are not from the same game, they could have tried multiple times before they got one clip. All those was just strung together to form one video. It doesn't matter how good they looked in the video because those cannot be fired consistently.

Its not the hitbox problem. Its more about the bullet travel time when ti comes to long distances. The hitbox problem is hardly a problem.
Do criticize real movies the same way? Actors are professionals in their line of work yet they don't always get the scene right on the first try. Just because he may or may not have tried multiple times on those shots doesn't take away its credibility. Those shots looked and I'm willing to bet are ridiculously hard either way. I highly doubt you could even make one of those shots, let alone on a consistent basis. Until you prove otherwise I would suggest you stop tearing apart other peoples hard work and think twice before you make stupid comments.
Hakei
Banned
+295|6003

Rofl_My_Waffle wrote:

What are you talking about, not pro?

The hitbox IS a problem, sometimes the vehicle skin accepts the hit yet no hit regs, I've had that a lot, for instance it happens at least once a day when I fire missiles at an enemy jet and they give a skin to indicate it's been hit, however the vehicle won't have been damaged/killed.

The OPs original question was about how to shoot pilots out of a jets, and the video shows how it's possible, you're correct, they can't be fired consistently -- look at Safrguns, he can't hit with every shell he fires at a jet but it still makes his shots amazing and it still makes him a pro at what he does.
462nd NSP653
Devout Moderate, Empty Head.
+57|6692
Very impressive...+1
eaglecorps
shotguns
+23|6252|TEXAS

dont_be_ss wrote:

Staged...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard