YitEarp
+1|6731
just got my SAS ribbon the other day at about 58hours of playtime on SAS, with 166wins, 104losses, brs of 133, and total time on all SAS maps of 95 or 96 hours.  im thinking its probably 95 hours in theater of that army, not sure if there are any secondary requirements, but those were my related stats when i got it, so i figure thats gotta be enough for a new estimate to be put up on the bf2s reqs to prevent the oodles of threads about it.

earp
soadlink
+2|6726
Nice. You're the first I've seen with any SF ribbons. Hopefully some other people who have it can contribute their bf2 names so we can compare them, and narrow down what the requirements might be
YitEarp
+1|6731
yeah ive looked closely at the stats of about 5 people when they got the ribbons, pretty sure thats the req.  was hoping this post might entice UBAR to change its requirement since ive seen a crapload of threads asking about this recently by people confused by the 5hour requirement thats currently listed.
Michael Wittmann
+0|6695
Requirements in BF2SF is play 40 hours for it army and play all maps for it army and you earn the ribbon. You could see it in Mr.Bonus. With Insurgent 39:17:19 he don't have this but with SAS 44:06:35  he has SAS service ribbon.
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6853|-

Michael Wittmann wrote:

Requirements in BF2SF is play 40 hours for it army and play all maps for it army and you earn the ribbon. You could see it in Mr.Bonus. With Insurgent 39:17:19 he don't have this but with SAS 44:06:35  he has SAS service ribbon.
But he has 55 hours with SPETZ and does not have that ribbon.
Michael Wittmann
+0|6695
You are right, then maybe no all service ribbons has same time requirement. If when he has 40 hours with insurgent he doesn't earn insurgent ribbon then each service ribbon needs different time.

In the ribbon they write below play all maps and time service maybe is play x time in each map in this side you want to earn too a requeriment and no only play 5 minutes.
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6853|"Frisco"

Guys, don't worry about it!

Once a good number of people have the ribbons, I just run some comparisions against the database to find the least common characteristics for each requirement and then can accurately determine what the reqs really are.

Either that or we just wait for the patch which may update the medal_data.py file with the right info.
Kobrakai
Weirdo
+152|6794|England
I just get my MEC and Seals ribbons and I have nowhere near 95 combined hours on MEC and Seals maps.

Last edited by Kobrakai (2006-01-04 19:07:19)

sparklet
Banned
+34|6753|stop corecting my grammer!!!!!
i dont got eany ribbons for SF
TehMyke
8======D
+343|6715
I just got done playing and noticed I magicaly got 4 service ribbons in a row...

https://img209.imageshack.us/img209/6795/bf220060105000819659ct.th.jpg

Last edited by TehMyke (2006-01-04 22:04:34)

ยป You guys are all old and wrinkly now, GG... | Steam | teHmyke.com | YouTube
IBKCKNURASS
Corrosion Inhibitor
+172|6743
maybe they finally enabled them.....
soadlink
+2|6726
I just got my sas ribbon. Wasnt even playing either... I just opened it up to play, and it said I had that ribbon.

Probably just the delay with how long ea takes to update awards (especially lately )

But I have 22:41:38, 87 wins, 34 losses on SAS
=WTE=MasteRMattY
+1|6727
have they just un-commented them like they did the old ones? if you play a map cycle you may get more...

I think they probably just done this to get people playing for something again.... doing it like this stop's people getting all the awards in the 1st week. probably is 5hrs, also i bet we'll be seeing the medals croping up soon aswell.

Last edited by =WTE=MasteRMattY (2006-01-06 13:42:44)

jarm8180
+0|6735

TehMyke wrote:

I just got done playing and noticed I magicaly got 4 service ribbons in a row...

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/6795 … 9ct.th.jpg
You know what's strange in your case, I was almost convinced one of the requirements was time in theater at 50 hours and perhaps someother requirement.  All the service ribbons you have validates this but, you don't have MEC SF ribbon and you have more than 50 hours time in that theater. So at first I thought well fine, here's a chance to see if we can figure out if there's an additional requirement. For the life of me I can't figure it out, you have almost the same number of wins as MEC SF as you do Navy Seals, and you have more hours as having played MEC SF army than some of the other armies you played and received a ribbon for.

It's can't be best round score because you have a huge BR scorce as MEC SF. I don't get it? Maybe you have to play as MEC SF for each map in theater and you haven't gotten around to doing that yet? I think the first req is 50 hours time in theater but the other req(s), still elude us.
J_Pittenger
+0|6679
I don't think its 40 hours or, I play more than my dad and he gets the theatre ribbons and I haven't recieved one yet.
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6700|Howell, Mi USA
Ive seen people with SF service ribbons and only 24hours time played as that army
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
Big_Fat_Panda
+8|6674|Iceland
Maybe you need a certain amount of kills IAR? To go along with total playing time with the kit.

Remember the Far East Service Ribbon and the Middle East Service Ribbon?

No one knew the requirements for those two ribbons. But suddenly they just popped in.

Maybe it is the same with SF ribbons.   It is the Theatre time measured, not the kit time?
Big_Fat_Panda
+8|6674|Iceland
Ok I read over what I just wrote and I see now it is a total garbage.

Sorry.

But the requirements most likely are the same as the ones for the Far East and the Middle East Service Ribbon.

I think I played for 15 hours in each theater when I got those two ribbons.

P.s. great job with the BF2 Stats page guys.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6780|Noizyland

You play too much YitEarp.
So far I've only 'earnbed' the Russian Spetznas ribbon, but I'm not too concerned about earning those. I'll get them in time.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Bernadictus
+1,055|6742

Well got the Insurgent and SAS ribbon shortly after eachother, I believe it was around 40hrs, and all maps played. Why doesn't EA publish an official list of req's?
Vampira_NB
Trying is the first step to failing
+76|6679|Canada Eh?
I'll be impressed once I see somebody win some SF medals
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6780|Noizyland

I wont be. It will just proove that the winner has no life. I'm not impressed by that.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6678|Colorado
I haven't even played sf that much , I prefer the older maps.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard