Commie Killer
+192|6385
Ok, got a new computer, would like to play EF and AF which I already bought, problem is, I cant find a link to the EA Downloader, only way I have found to get it is to buy another fucking game from them. A link to download this so I can play these would be much appreciated. Also, I know you need certain patches to install the games. For example, when you install BF2SF it auto updates BF2 to version 1.1. Also, EF, and AF require their OWN patch to install, what are the names of these patches?
cablecopulate
+449|6736|Massachusetts.
Commie Killer
+192|6385

cablecopulate wrote:

http://eastore.ea.com/store/ea/en_US/DisplayCategoryProductListPage&categoryID=8831900&childCategoryID=8835900 ?
I want to download the downloader, I already have the games saved in my user name. I do not want to buy them again.
cablecopulate
+449|6736|Massachusetts.
I think from there you download the games. They changed things around, so I don't think they have the ea downloader anymore.
Commie Killer
+192|6385

cablecopulate wrote:

I think from there you download the games. They changed things around, so I don't think they have the ea downloader anymore.
So your saying I have to rebuy AF and EF?
cablecopulate
+449|6736|Massachusetts.
adfjkadsfkasdf

No, just download them. That's the problem, right? You have the games registered but you want to reinstall them?
Commie Killer
+192|6385

cablecopulate wrote:

adfjkadsfkasdf

No, just download them. That's the problem, right? You have the games registered but you want to reinstall them?
Yes, but you realize those games have a price tag next to them. AKA you have to pay, correct? Or am I missing something major here.
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6827|Grapevine, TX
CommieKiller, Im in the same boat... Ill try to simply dl when i get home... Ill keep checking this thread... Gl
Ec0li
Vagina face
+167|5997|London ㋛

NO no no no...... http://www.ea.com/ealink/ Clicky linky, look at all the flags, underneath it, it should say....
All your EA Link games will continue to work and can be downloaded again at anytime using the new EA Download Manager. Click here to download it now.
The clue is in the quote...Click HERE to download it now.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6565|NYC / Hamburg

once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
cablecopulate
+449|6736|Massachusetts.
Yeah that thing.
Commie Killer
+192|6385
Hmm. Ty very much. When I had typed in ea.com in the address bar I never got to that page.
Commie Killer
+192|6385
The other part....what patches? EF takes 1.2 right? AF 1.3? And then the final patch of course.

Last edited by Commie Killer (2008-01-23 09:19:31)

Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6808|Nårvei

Commie Killer wrote:

The other part....what patches? EF takes 1.2 right? AF 1.3? And then the final patch of course.
BF2
BF2:SF
Latest Patch
EF
Latest Patch
AF
Latest Patch
Tampa
Latest Patch
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6827|Grapevine, TX
Ohh I forgot when i clicked download now, it said your download will be available in 159 days....

but Ill try this when i get home, ty
Commie Killer
+192|6385

Varegg wrote:

Commie Killer wrote:

BF2
BF2:SF
Latest Patch
EF
Latest Patch
AF
Latest Patch
Tampa
Latest Patch
Thats what I had done on my last PC, the boosters didnt work. After that I heard one some site that you have to download the latest patch AT THE TIME THE GAME CAME OUT and then before installing the next, download next latest patch at that time, etc. Hope that made sense. Is this true? Or do I just install 1.41 each time I install the next game?
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6827|Grapevine, TX
Install BF2
patch 1.41
Install mods: EU, AF SF
Patch 1.41
Commie Killer
+192|6385

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

Install BF2
patch 1.41
Install mods: EU, AF SF
Patch 1.41
Alright, Ill try it again. Be back with answer in a few hours, it takes awhile.
Commie Killer
+192|6385
New problem, trying to install SF and I get a window that comes up that says Security Something and then closes the installation...
JAyThaRevo
+31|6285|Austria
be more specific
lol

btw

THANKS SOO MUCH i totally missed that

+1 ec0li
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6653

Hint: Next time you get a new comp or reformat, save the .exe files that install AF and EF so you don't have to download them again

And as for your problem with SF: Is that a Windows security message or is it something else?

The order in which you have to install things is the following:
BF2
Patch
SF
Patch
AF/EF
Patch.

It's annoying, but that's what you gotta do That's assuming you only have the 1.41 patch, though.
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6379|the land of bourbon
i just reinstalled my full bf2 game, and all i did was bf2, the expansions, and the patch.  everything worked fine.  (but then again, i have cds for all of it, i didnt download.)
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
Commie Killer
+192|6385
Oh yeah, forgot to type the Windows part.....
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6808|Nårvei

mtb0minime wrote:

Hint: Next time you get a new comp or reformat, save the .exe files that install AF and EF so you don't have to download them again

And as for your problem with SF: Is that a Windows security message or is it something else?

The order in which you have to install things is the following:
BF2
Patch
SF
Patch
AF/EF
Patch.

It's annoying, but that's what you gotta do That's assuming you only have the 1.41 patch, though.
Two fails in that post, you don't have to patch between BF2 and SF cause SF is in itself a patch named 1,1 -and you must patch between any other expansion or addon like Tampa ... make sure it's a full patch, the incremental will not work, so latest full patch always ... none of the old ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Commie Killer
+192|6385
Ok so like this:

BF2
BF2SF
Patch1.41
BF2EF
Patch1.41
BF2AF
Patch1.41
HighwayTampa
Patch1.41

Is that correct Varreg?

Last edited by Commie Killer (2008-01-23 13:15:45)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard