syndicat111
+39|6701|UK
A story based on the Three Little Pigs has been turned down from a government agency's annual awards because the subject matter could offend Muslims.
The digital book, re-telling the classic fairy tale, was rejected by judges who warned that "the use of pigs raises cultural issues".
They also warned that the story might "alienate parts of the workforce (building trade)".
The judges criticised the stereotyping in the story of the unfortunate pigs: "Is it true that all builders are cowboys, builders get their work blown down, and builders are like pigs?"
/facedesk

edit: source - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/7204635.stm

Last edited by syndicat111 (2008-01-23 06:49:44)

Kurazoo
Pheasant Plucker
+440|6707|West Yorkshire, U.K
for allahs sake
jsnipy
+3,276|6545|...

Human flesh is very close to the flesh of a swine.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6433|'Murka

I should be surprised...but I'm not.

Nanny state ftl.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6485|Tyne & Wear, England
Jesus christ, I've said it before, I am yet to meet a muslim who is offended by this shit.

How the government makes these assumptions is beyond me.
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6021|...
Haven't these people got more important matters to tend to?
inane little opines
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6541|Πάϊ
Some morons just don't know when to stop...
ƒ³
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6485|Tyne & Wear, England
Just for the record, it hasn't been banned, it has been turned down for an award.
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6541|Πάϊ

KILLSWITCH wrote:

Just for the record, it hasn't been banned, it has been turned down for an award.
Yeah but still... I mean... who the fuck thought of this in the first place? Islamophobia ftl
ƒ³
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6433|'Murka

That's actually the exact opposite of Islamophobia.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
CameronPoe
+2,925|6578
Now that is /facedesk.
Dersmikner
+147|6520|Texas
The world sucks.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6578
It's the same kind of pointless shit as protesting nativity scenes in shopping centres, etc.
paranoid101
Ambitious but Rubbish
+540|6762

KILLSWITCH wrote:

Jesus christ, I've said it before, I am yet to meet a muslim who is offended by this shit.

How the government makes these assumptions is beyond me.
QFT

Its these PC pricks causing all this shit in our country.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6738
This is fucking bullshit.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6832|Nårvei

Hm ... not that the story of the three little pigs are that exciting anyway but .... /facedesk
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
<BoTM>J_Aero
Qualified Expert
+62|6487|Melbourne - Home of Football
Another case to be labelled political correctness gone too far. Over-sensitivity can lead to intolerance.
SamTheMan:D
Banned
+856|5996|England

Fucks sake can't we just slaughter nuke them
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6522|so randum
I can't wait for lowings next appeasement thread.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
G3|Genius
Pope of BF2s
+355|6648|Sea to globally-cooled sea
woot USA ftw!
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6693|UK

SamTheMan:D wrote:

Fucks sake can't we just slaughter nuke them
who's them?
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
stkhoplite
Banned
+564|6502|Sheffield-England
I'm sick of this muslim shit

If they want to rule the country the way they want then they can fuck off home
CameronPoe
+2,925|6578
There was since in the British move on the term 'Islamic Terror' but this thing is just political correctness gone needlessly mad: and it ain't Muslims faults - it's the fault of certain British people. It's a fucking kids story not a ethnic slur!!!!!!
ghettoperson
+1,943|6671

Surely as long as people aren't actually eating pigs, it shouldn't be 'offensive'? And in any case, going on their logic, does that mean having a cold meats isle in a supermarket is offensive? And Jews can't eat pork either, why isn't it offensive to them? In actual fact, I wonder if I've missed the point of the article all together, as the connection seems so stretched.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6578

stkhoplite wrote:

I'm sick of this muslim shit

If they want to rule the country the way they want then they can fuck off home
I'm quite sure Muslims didn't ask for this stupid move. If anything tell your politicians and policy makers to fuck off.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard