Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6575|London
ok so after reading all the reviews that say it's a masterpiece blah blah blah I was so dissapointed with this film. I'm sure for the critics who watch 10 movies a day one after the other the artistry came as a welcome break...but for everyone else this film just doesn't have a satisfactory latter half.

*****SPOILERS*****

Spoiler (highlight to read):
When Moss died I was like WTFWTFWTFWTF I just watched a whole predator-prey storyline lasting most of the film and the 2 characters never even have a face-off. BORING and unsatisfying tbh. hmm one gets killed by some mexicans which you don't get to see, and one gets hit by some random ass car at a junction at the end of the film.

****END SPOILERS****

prove me wrong?
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6388|New York
I kind of like the occasional movie will an unsatisfying ending, because that usually means that it's realistic. I can't tell you how many times I've thought "How lucky is this guy to not get run over in that last scene?" or "How easy would it be for this guy to randomly die like everyone else?"
Movie with a similar ending: Requiem for a Dream, but I suppose it has a more satisfying ending, although depressing.

Guess it all depends on personal preference.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
SgtSlutter
Banned
+550|6638|Amsterdam, NY
https://img175.imageshack.us/img175/6436/425bardemcountry110507kr5.jpg

Zimma's not gonna liek this thread very much
stkhoplite
Banned
+564|6479|Sheffield-England
You could have used the Spoiler (highlight to read):
SPOILER THING

Thanks for telling me the storyline
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6710|Sweden
Said many times before taste is like an ass everyone got a one.
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6575|London

stkhoplite wrote:

You could have used the Spoiler (highlight to read):
SPOILER THING

Thanks for telling me the storyline
I don't know the bbcode is it /spoiler?

also my asterix and gap spam should have made it very clear that you shouldn't read what's in between, unless you're retarded and read from the middle of pages
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6756|Scotland

Why should people listen to you. You clearly have a very different opinion to the general thoughts on this movie.

I thought it was the best movie of the year. Bar none.

Brilliantly acted, tense and well done. It's a movie which incorporates the body language of Javier Bardem magnificently into it. If you didn't like it, then fine. But you have no right to say its bad. It's your opinion and why should you be imposing it on others?

To anyone who was thinking about the film. Watch it. Love it. Watch it again.
SgtSlutter
Banned
+550|6638|Amsterdam, NY

SgtSlauther wrote:

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/6436 … 507kr5.jpg

Zimma's not gonna liek this thread very much
called it tbh
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6829|Grapevine, TX
Yeah watch it ... its a ggooood film
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6709|England. Stoke
Yep I greatly enjoyed it, to say its bad just because it doesn't follow the conventions of a normal film doesn't make it bad. I actually preferred the way the story played out...
bennisboy
+829|6646|Poundland

Zimmer wrote:

Why should people listen to you. You clearly have a very different opinion to the general thoughts on this movie.

Brilliantly acted, tense and well done. It's a movie which incorporates the body language of Javier Bardem magnificently into it. If you didn't like it, then fine. But you have no right to say its bad. It's your opinion and why should you be imposing it on others?

But jus cos you like it, doesn't mean its good, again thats jus your opinion
SgtSlutter
Banned
+550|6638|Amsterdam, NY

bennisboy wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

You clearly have a very different opinion to the general thoughts on this movie.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6756|Scotland

bennisboy wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

Dude. Read my post and don't act like a smartass. Did I, at any given point in the post, say it was just good and nothing else?
No, I gave me opinion.

Try reading a post before you make dumbass comments.
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6491|Menlo Park, CA
I thought the movie was great
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6575|London

Zimmer wrote:

Acting was indeed excellent, film was extremely tense at times...but then where the hell did all the suspenseful moments go in the last 20 minutes of the film? It's like the author just thought hell I've made such a good film so far what would really top it off would be some good ol' random shit and loooong dialogue sequences just thrown in for realism...because in real life random shit and borind ass conversations happen all the time. NOT AT THE END OF MY MOVIES PLZ. Just because the ending was different or 'ironic' doesn't make it good.

Also as bennis pointed out zimmer your opinion is just as worthless as mine ^^
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6460|UK
I really didn't understand it, didn't like it much may watch it again.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6756|Scotland

I never said my comment wasn't worthless. Jesus, do you people just skim through posts?

I stated my opinion. No more, no less. People may take it as worthless and people may take it as advice. I don't care.

But what you said was as if you were imposing your thoughts on everyone else. "is BAD". Well, no it isn't. You think it is. Then you go and say "prove me wrong". What. the. fuck. I just did, by stating my damn opinion. So did fadedsteve, coke and Teflon.

Wow, some people just don't get it. I give up.
Brasso
+1,549|6630

I liked it tbh.

"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
bennisboy
+829|6646|Poundland

Zimmer wrote:

bennisboy wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

Dude. Read my post and don't act like a smartass. Did I, at any given point in the post, say it was just good and nothing else?
No, I gave me opinion.

Try reading a post before you make dumbass comments.
Calm down mate, I was jus makin the point that you shouldn't be so uptight jus cos someone said its a bad movie, if you think its good.
As you said, its his opinion. And if you're sayin why should people listen to him, why should they listen to you?
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6575|London

Zimmer wrote:

I never said my comment wasn't worthless. Jesus, do you people just skim through posts?

I stated my opinion. No more, no less. People may take it as worthless and people may take it as advice. I don't care.

But what you said was as if you were imposing your thoughts on everyone else. "is BAD". Well, no it isn't. You think it is. Then you go and say "prove me wrong". What. the. fuck. I just did, by stating my damn opinion. So did fadedsteve, coke and Teflon.

Wow, some people just don't get it. I give up.
WOW pedantic and misunderstand much?
Noone's imposing anything on anyone here, 'prove me wrong' means discuss (as it always does). If you read both mine and Bennis' posts properly you'll realise it's you who is misunderstanding. By saying your opinion is as worthless as mine my point is not that your point was worthless, but that I I've been expressing my opinion too, NOTHING MORE.

bennisboy wrote:

again thats jus your opinion

Zimmer wrote:

Did I, at any given point in the post, say it was just good and nothing else?
No, I gave me opinion.
HMMM that makes sense

lets keep this friendly ppl
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6756|Scotland

Then try stating that instead of just saying.

"is BAD". It isn't bad, you think it is. So "I didn't really like No Country for Old Men" or "I thought No Country of Old Men was awful". Is better than just coming out with a statement that half of the user base disagrees with.

Meh. Sorry for being an old sod. Tired and stressed.

I wont interrupt again.
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6522
great movie. would watch again.
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6685|Espoo, Finland

Zimmer wrote:

Then try stating that instead of just saying.

"is BAD". It isn't bad, you think it is. So "I didn't really like No Country for Old Men" or "I thought No Country of Old Men was awful". Is better than just coming out with a statement that half of the user base disagrees with.

Meh. Sorry for being an old sod. Tired and stressed.

I wont interrupt again.
I don't see the point in saying "in my opinion", "I think that" and all that in every post.
Of course it's my opinion as I'm posting it and you can't really state that something is bad or pretty as a fact.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6290|Éire
I'm just after seeing it at the cinema. Didn't play out the way I thought it would at all. Strange ending but I'm glad the Coen Brothers decided not to have the cowboy riding off into the sunset. It's like a cross between their earlier movies Blood Simple and Fargo so if you like them you'll like this. Bardem's character is like a more intelligent/sophisticated version of Peter Stormare's psychopath in Fargo (which was a fantastic performance btw). Josh Brolin was really good, considering he usually has a tendency to be a little two dimensional in certain roles.

I pissed myself laughing at the bit where the kid can't stop looking at the broken arm on Bardem after the crash, a complete fit of giggles. I was struggling not to laugh all through Tommy Lee Jones' important closing monologue!
jord
+2,382|6678|The North, beyond the wall.
Just watched it fully now, I watched it up to 90 mins 2 weeks ago but the copy was shite and started to freeze up. I did like it, but I must admit I was drifting in and out at the slow parts. Such as the hotel bit, and Tommy Lee's parts.

8/10

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard