Noobpatty
ʎʇʇɐdqoou
+194|6358|West NY
Alright, so something that's been bothering me for a while is the lack of games that truly resemble the m249 in it's full purpose - to deliver large amounts of rounds in an area. This is why it's called a support weapon, after all, you can't just lug around a 50. and set it up anywhere you'd like.
The only game I've seen that truly gives the SAW it's full potential is the pc version for America's Army. (and perhaps True Soldiers, but I've only played the demo and all you really need is 2-3 shots to dispatch an enemy)
Bf2- Accuracy becomes horrible after a 5 shot burst, even when prone..being one of the WORST lmgs -fail

CSS- Good on the first couple of shots, but even crouching while stationary it still becomes very innacurate after a few shots, and even then firing in bursts won't help because you don't recover accuracy in the time you're not firing. The best thing to do is to rambo right into the mess of enemies and spray. Not much of a support weapon then. -fail

Rainbow Six Vegas- I'm not going to begin. -fail

How is it in COD4? There are lmgs in it, right? Anyways does anyone else have a few games that really allow the m249 to be at least an average weapon?

Last edited by Noobpatty (2008-01-22 03:57:37)

Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6412|Somersetshire
it's an awesome weapon in bf2, as long as you know how to shoot it
Noobpatty
ʎʇʇɐdqoou
+194|6358|West NY

Tehremos wrote:

Pssh. PKM ftw..because even though you can't go prone and spray like in AA, you can still fire semi-auto and every shot is just like the first. Extremely powerful and as accurate as an m24
Longbow
+163|6651|Odessa, Ukraine
Project Reality's M249 = pure win.
Lai
+186|6155
I want the Mk.48
bennisboy
+829|6650|Poundland
Mounted m249 in CoD4 is absolute kickass, basically 1 hit kill
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6847|Reykjavík, Iceland.
M249 in CoD4 is like any other support weapons, fully automatic snipers.

In BF2 it's my fav support weapon, since it's accurate, fast firing and has the most ammo per magazine.
~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6327|Orrstrayleea
COD4's LMGs piss me off, every kid runs around with an M60, they dont even have to zoom in, just point in the general direction and spray.

One of the many things, IMO, that BF2 beats COD4 in, In bf2 you have to go prone for accuracy, in COD4 you can walk around...ladeedadidaa ooh theres a guy over there *click dead
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6847|Reykjavík, Iceland.

Pea....Tear.....Griffen wrote:

COD4's LMGs piss me off, every kid runs around with an M60, they dont even have to zoom in, just point in the general direction and spray.

One of the many things, IMO, that BF2 beats COD4 in, In bf2 you have to go prone for accuracy, in COD4 you can walk around...ladeedadidaa ooh theres a guy over there *click dead
M60 with grip, double tap and steady aim is win.

Unless the enemy is using it.
Noobpatty
ʎʇʇɐdqoou
+194|6358|West NY

PBAsydney wrote:

Pea....Tear.....Griffen wrote:

..There's an m60?

I haz to get cod4
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6770|UK
Its not too bad in CoD4, atleast u get slowed if you are carrying it.
Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6412|Somersetshire

Noobpatty wrote:

Tehremos wrote:

Pssh. PKM ftw..because even though you can't go prone and spray like in AA, you can still fire semi-auto and every shot is just like the first. Extremely powerful and as accurate as an m24
PKM is a noob gun, it's way too accurate
Noobpatty
ʎʇʇɐdqoou
+194|6358|West NY

Tehremos wrote:

Noobpatty wrote:

Tehremos wrote:

It's not a noob gun, noobs just spray with it and don't use it right
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6227|Escea

Longbow wrote:

Project Reality's M249 = pure win.
Only problem is most of the other guns really really don't live up to their BF2 counterparts.

M249 was quite good in ArmA, oh and DF: BHD
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
+343|6713|Charlie One Alpha
Armed Assault?

Oh and in the first Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter the M249 SAW was waaay overpowered. I used it all the time.

Last edited by LaidBackNinja (2008-01-22 06:09:23)

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
Longbow
+163|6651|Odessa, Ukraine

Tehremos wrote:

Noobpatty wrote:

Tehremos wrote:

PKM is nowhere close to RPK. RPK is pure noob gun.
elite3444
The other kid
+24|6641|USA

Noobpatty wrote:

Alright, so something that's been bothering me for a while is the lack of games that truly resemble the m249 in it's full purpose - to deliver large amounts of rounds in an area. This is why it's called a support weapon, after all, you can't just lug around a 50. and set it up anywhere you'd like.
The only game I've seen that truly gives the SAW it's full potential is the pc version for America's Army. (and perhaps True Soldiers, but I've only played the demo and all you really need is 2-3 shots to dispatch an enemy)
Bf2- Accuracy becomes horrible after a 5 shot burst, even when prone..being one of the WORST lmgs -fail

CSS- Good on the first couple of shots, but even crouching while stationary it still becomes very innacurate after a few shots, and even then firing in bursts won't help because you don't recover accuracy in the time you're not firing. The best thing to do is to rambo right into the mess of enemies and spray. Not much of a support weapon then. -fail

Rainbow Six Vegas- I'm not going to begin. -fail

How is it in COD4? There are lmgs in it, right? Anyways does anyone else have a few games that really allow the m249 to be at least an average weapon?
its awesome in Project Reality......COD4 is good but its not much of a support weapon because its really easy to kill with it (a bit TOO accurate)
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6746|FUCK UBISOFT

what always bugged be was that in every game once you get down to 1 or 2 rounds left you still see lotsw of them coming out of the box.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
r2zoo
Knowledge is power, guard it well
+126|6600|Michigan, USA

Noobpatty wrote:

The only game I've seen that truly gives the SAW it's full potential is the pc version for America's Army.
Very True, but then again, its pretty much the only game that realistically represents military weaponary and tactics.  while not perfect, its still the best in my opinion.  The M249 with the bipod set up and being prone can easily hold several people at bay, and at the vesy least force you to dive for cover.  Truly a work of art in AA, shame the M203 gets whored to death on anymap bigger then a portapotty.
yuckfou09
hide your terrorists ^,^
+94|6681|Ft. Drum, NY
i would love to see the M240 Bravo in a game. Does anyone know of a game with it?
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6504|so randum
I think i've loved the M249 in every FPS i've played that includes it.

BF2 - Favourite Weapon
CoD4 - Favourite Weapon
BHD - i think it was in, and if it was i whored it to death.
And Sgt Burton in C&C Generals has one. I love it there too.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Criminal
yo shut the fuck up charles
+20|6641
i think we can agree

<3m249
The_Mac
+96|6229

Tehremos wrote:

Yeah, I agree. The Iron sights suck though. It's not a sniper rifle, so it won't be accurate, but I liked it.
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6550

PBAsydney wrote:

The moment you run out of ammo you wish you had slight of hand though. :p
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
Lai
+186|6155

r2zoo wrote:

Noobpatty wrote:

The only game I've seen that truly gives the SAW it's full potential is the pc version for America's Army.
Very True, but then again, its pretty much the only game that realistically represents military weaponary and tactics.  while not perfect, its still the best in my opinion.  The M249 with the bipod set up and being prone can easily hold several people at bay, and at the vesy least force you to dive for cover.  Truly a work of art in AA, shame the M203 gets whored to death on anymap bigger then a portapotty.
I think the new Project Reality 1.7 gets very close; perhaps it's even better than AA.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard