LividBovine
The Year of the Cow!
+175|6390|MN

m3thod wrote:

Murder doesn't happen in the US? You're the statistics man...go have a look at the averages.
Didn't say it didn't, did I.  All I have said is that is seems to be a safer place to live for me.  I think I will stay, although Nanning China was pretty cool.  Maybe I will move there someday.
"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation" - Barack Obama (a freshman senator from Illinios)
DeathBecomesYu
+171|6189
This hits close to home because as some of you know I am married to a muslim woman who happens to be from Indonesia. Some of you just don't understand what is going on even inside of the muslim religion between radical and secular muslims. I think most intelligent people understand the difference between the two and would understand that of course not all muslims are terrorists or hate the west..etc., etc., etc....But you have to take a look at what is going on even inside of Indonesia and this touches my family first hand. Radical Islam is not just taking hold in middle eastern countries but it is trying to take hold pretty much every where STARTING with trying to change secular muslim communities, wherever they may be, into a strict from of Islam and how do they do this? Radicalism! Why is radical Islam fighting inside Indonesia...why do they terrorize christians and fellow muslims.

That is right,,,,my wife's family has been threatened just because they use internet shops or go to a theater to watch movies. In their own country, they do not feel safe from their own kind. As I recall, there are no occupation forces there and the country is in fact the largest muslim country in the world. The problem is that radical Islam has a goal that they stand by and its to convert every person and every country into a Muslim world ruled by a strict form of muslim laws. If you don't follow then you will be destroyed. Its not about America being in Iraq or Afghanistan and it won't stop even if every single white christian/jew left that region. It will continue and that is their goal.

Radical Islam IS a problem in Indonesia for no other reason than their stated goals. All you have to do is look in almost any country and their are footholds being placed in them. Radical Islam is reaching its ugly head into many societies and many secular communities in many countries. I understand that most muslims are peaceful but they are under the same threat non muslims are.
LividBovine
The Year of the Cow!
+175|6390|MN

DeathBecomesYu wrote:

True Words
I suggest that anyone who wants to learn more about why Islam is a threat to every other religion, read the book "
The Crisis of Islam" by Bernard Lewis.  Great background on Islamic states and the middle east as a whole.

Last edited by LividBovine (2008-01-22 04:20:14)

"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation" - Barack Obama (a freshman senator from Illinios)
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6661|USA

DeathBecomesYu wrote:

This hits close to home because as some of you know I am married to a muslim woman who happens to be from Indonesia. Some of you just don't understand what is going on even inside of the muslim religion between radical and secular muslims. I think most intelligent people understand the difference between the two and would understand that of course not all muslims are terrorists or hate the west..etc., etc., etc....But you have to take a look at what is going on even inside of Indonesia and this touches my family first hand. Radical Islam is not just taking hold in middle eastern countries but it is trying to take hold pretty much every where STARTING with trying to change secular muslim communities, wherever they may be, into a strict from of Islam and how do they do this? Radicalism! Why is radical Islam fighting inside Indonesia...why do they terrorize christians and fellow muslims.

That is right,,,,my wife's family has been threatened just because they use internet shops or go to a theater to watch movies. In their own country, they do not feel safe from their own kind. As I recall, there are no occupation forces there and the country is in fact the largest muslim country in the world. The problem is that radical Islam has a goal that they stand by and its to convert every person and every country into a Muslim world ruled by a strict form of muslim laws. If you don't follow then you will be destroyed. Its not about America being in Iraq or Afghanistan and it won't stop even if every single white christian/jew left that region. It will continue and that is their goal.

Radical Islam IS a problem in Indonesia for no other reason than their stated goals. All you have to do is look in almost any country and their are footholds being placed in them. Radical Islam is reaching its ugly head into many societies and many secular communities in many countries. I understand that most muslims are peaceful but they are under the same threat non muslims are.
Don't try and tell that to "Camronpoe, and the bury your heads in the sand" band. According to them radical Islam is insignifant and needs to treateds as just a common criminal, nothing more.
Burwhale
Save the BlobFish!
+136|6232|Brisneyland
DeathBecomesYu hit the nail on the head. Radical Islam is the problem. Most Muslims want to live their lives just like the rest of us.

I checked the site in the OP, "http://www.humanevents.com" and I have never seen so much right wing bullshit in my life. Its a totally biased, one eyed veiw of the world. I am not denying that some of the events happened, however the article and the rest of the site is not a creditable source of information. You will only get one version of events on that site. Forget balanced opinion. It does nothing but encourage hate and fear.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6820|NÃ¥rvei

lowing wrote:

DeathBecomesYu wrote:

Don't try and tell that to "Camronpoe, and the bury your heads in the sand" band. According to them radical Islam is insignifant and needs to treateds as just a common criminal, nothing more.
Eh .. did you even read what you just responded to lowing ?

Neither Poe, myself or any of the "feel good crew" have ever supported radical Islam - our point is that there is a difference between radical and secular Muslims, and believe or not lowing most Muslims aren't radical ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6233|Escea

NantanCochise wrote:

Hmmmm, no one here blaming Isreal or the United States yet. It wount be long...
Wait for CamPoe to arrive.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6681|UK

LividBovine wrote:

DeathBecomesYu wrote:

True Words
I suggest that anyone who wants to learn more about why Islam is a threat to every other religion, read the book "
The Crisis of Islam" by Bernard Lewis.  Great background on Islamic states and the middle east as a whole.
Bernard Lewis is a Jewish right wing cock, policy advisor to Bush.  Fuck him.

And his interpretation of the Armenian Genocide was "a by product of war"
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
m3thod
+2,197|6681|UK

lowing wrote:

DeathBecomesYu wrote:

Oh he can.  The difference between you and DBYU is he has made a distinction between radical and secular Muslims.  Whereas your belief is if they are a Muslim he is a extremist and if anyone tries make a distinction between radical and secular muslims they're an appeaser.

You spew hate.  DBYU does not.

Last edited by m3thod (2008-01-22 06:07:14)

CameronPoe
+2,925|6565

lowing wrote:

lol. If you can point to a denial on my part that anti-western terrorism with its roots in the middle east takes place then indulge me... It is criminality though you're right. What do you regard it as exactly if you don't regard murder as a criminal act?

The number of murders relating to terrorism in Europe and the United States is ludicrously small in comparison with the levels of passion-driven, insanity-driven and felony-driven homicide that currently exist. I have trust in the only organisations that can combat this phenomenon - the police and the intelligence community. Your "The sky is falling in" fearmongering I find quite amusing.

Lowing seems to have a lot in common with the extremist terrorist in one regard - both are attempting to breed hatred and seeking to divide/alienate.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2008-01-22 05:56:09)

M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6233|Escea

CameronPoe wrote:

lowing wrote:

lol. If you can point to a denial on my part that anti-western terrorism with its roots in the middle east takes place then indulge me... It is criminality though you're right. What do you regard it as exactly if you don't regard murder as a criminal act?
terrorism, barbaric acts of total nutjobs

Last edited by M.O.A.B (2008-01-22 05:44:19)

CameronPoe
+2,925|6565

M.O.A.B wrote:

And that doesn't constitute criminality how exactly?
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6233|Escea

CameronPoe wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

And that doesn't constitute criminality how exactly?
Did I say it wasn't a criminal act? nope
CameronPoe
+2,925|6565

M.O.A.B wrote:

So what were you referring to in my post? What point were you addressing/disagreeing with?
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6233|Escea

CameronPoe wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

So what were you referring to in my post? What point were you addressing/disagreeing with?
Nothing, otherwise I would have quoted it, I'm addressing the fact of what terrorists are.

But to be perfectly honest, treating terrorism as you would any other high profile crime is the wrong thing to do imo. It should be seen and handled differently and with a lot harsher methods.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6565

M.O.A.B wrote:

Nothing, otherwise I would have quoted it, I'm addressing the fact of what terrorists are.

But to be perfectly honest, treating terrorism as you would any other high profile crime is the wrong thing to do imo. It should be seen and handled differently and with a lot harsher methods.
Well I'm all ears!!!! I don't really see how you can do much better than apprehending and life-imprisoning the criminals, seizing their assets, restricting suspected criminals freedom of movement and monitoring the activities of known/suspected militants in order to prevent acts of terrorism. Enlighten me as to this solution you have.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6233|Escea

CameronPoe wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

Well I'm all ears!!!! I don't really see how you can do much better than apprehending and life-imprisoning the criminals, seizing their assets, restricting suspected criminals freedom of movement and monitoring the activities of known/suspected militants in order to prevent acts of terrorism. Enlighten me as to this solution you have.
lol wtf over the top a bit eh? I never said I had a solution, if I said 'we should live on the moon' that doesn't mean I know how to do it does it? Deportation is a good thing for them, then when they get back to their own country they should be imprisoned there. Or you could use the old fashioned method and bring in the firing squad.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6565

M.O.A.B wrote:

lol wtf over the top a bit eh? I never said I had a solution, if I said 'we should live on the moon' that doesn't mean I know how to do it does it? Deportation is a good thing for them, then when they get back to their own country they should be imprisoned there. Or you could use the old fashioned method and bring in the firing squad.
THe kinds of people that perpetrate acts of terrorism in the west are often actually citizens of western nations so there is no 'country to send them back to'. I don't agree with the death penalty so I prefer life-imprisonment with no possibility of release.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6233|Escea

CameronPoe wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

THe kinds of people that perpetrate acts of terrorism in the west are often actually citizens of western nations so there is no 'country to send them back to'. I don't agree with the death penalty so I prefer life-imprisonment with no possibility of release.
Yeah but then prisons get overcrowded and it costs everyone more money to look after the people who were intending to or did kill their fellow countrymen. Why should you have to look after someone in relatively good prison conditions when they hate you to the core and would kill you at the first chance they had?
adam1503
+85|6398|Manchester, UK
Executing terrorists doesnt stop the extremist.  In their eyes, when we execute them they become Martyrs.  So execution wouldnt deter them, because they are willing to die to defend what they believe in (which ISNT mainstream Islam).
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6233|Escea

adam1503 wrote:

Executing terrorists doesnt stop the extremist.  In their eyes, when we execute them they become Martyrs.  So execution wouldnt deter them, because they are willing to die to defend what they believe in (which ISNT mainstream Islam).
Imprisoning them doesn't stop them either. If you dispatch them then theres at least one less.
m3thod
+2,197|6681|UK

M.O.A.B wrote:

adam1503 wrote:

Imprisoning them doesn't stop them either. If you dispatch them then theres at least one less.
Err yes it does.  He/she is imprisoned they really can't band together as much.  Killing one motivates 1000 others as they have become martyred.  Someone who has sacrificed themselves for their belief....motivating stuff.

Last edited by m3thod (2008-01-22 06:17:44)

CameronPoe
+2,925|6565

M.O.A.B wrote:

Yeah but then prisons get overcrowded and it costs everyone more money to look after the people who were intending to or did kill their fellow countrymen. Why should you have to look after someone in relatively good prison conditions when they hate you to the core and would kill you at the first chance they had?
Because that is the rule of law in civilised society.
=OBS= EstebanRey
+256|6560|Oxford, England, UK, EU, Earth

adam1503 wrote:

I don't they really do though, that "martyr" crap is just putting a brave face on it and not accepting defeat.  Well at least to the people running the show, the brain-washed foot soldiers might believe it.  The Taliban wouldn't be given us so much grief if they were actually that stsupid.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6455|The Land of Scott Walker

usmarine2005 wrote:

Marconius wrote:

That incident brought us down to the level of the extremists, when there we are, supposedly bringing about a new and better way of life for the society we are occupying.
Wait a second.  Putting panties on a prisoners head and chopping off a school girls head is not the same level.  It ain't even the same building.
ZOMG pyramid of buttcrack eees tortuuuure!  *runs around waiving hands*

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard