Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6327

An article I found HERE

The savages who practice radical Islam continue their march down the road of seventh century barbarism. No other religion in the modern world is so vile, so hate-filled, so violently aggressive in the pursuit of its goals.

In Indonesia, the world’s largest Islamic state, three Christian teenage girls walking home from school were abducted and beheaded as “Ramadan trophies” by militants who conceived the idea after a visit with fellow jihadists in the Philippines. Plastic bags containing the severed heads were dumped in the girls’ village in Indonesia’s Sulawesi province.

Accompanying the grisly “trophies” was a handwritten note threatening more such attacks. The note read: “Wanted: 100 more Christian heads, teenaged or adult, male or female; blood shall be answered with blood, soul with soul, head with head.”

In Sudan, the genocidal nation whose Muslim majority is systematically slaughtering Christians in Darfur, a court has sentenced a British teacher, Gillian Gibbons, to fifteen days in a filthy, disease-infested Sudanese prison, followed by permanent deportation from the country. Her crime? She allowed her young pupils to name a teddy bear “Mohammad.”

As the kangaroo court sentenced her to this ridiculous sentence for this absurd “crime,” protesters in the streets outside brandished swords and other weapons and demanded that she be executed!

Then there are our good friends, the Saudis, who laugh at us from the sands of their kingdom as they hold us hostage to their oil while they brutalize their own people, mostly women, in the name of Allah.

The latest in an ongoing string of outrages from the kingdom is the case of the young woman who was gang raped. A Saudi court sentenced her -- that’s right, her -- to 90 lashes for the “crime” of sitting in a car with a man who was not her husband.

This is the same group of savages whose morality police allowed a group of girls to die because they tried to escape their burning school without their heads properly covered in the manner proscribed by this sick religion. Fifteen girls between the ages of 13 and 17 were trampled to death and 52 others were hurt when a blaze swept through their school.

Some 800 schoolgirls were crammed into a building designed for only 250. The main gate to the school was locked. There were no emergency exits, no fire alarms and no fire extinguishers in the building. When the building caught fire, the girls tried to flee. Police stopped them, refusing to allow them to leave the burning building. When male bystanders tried to rescue the girls, they were told that “It is sinful to approach them.”

As Mona Eltahawy, a reporter and a Saudi Muslim now living in the United States, wrote at the time, “Girls died because zealots at the gate would rather see them burn than appear in public dressed inappropriately.”

As merciful, peace-loving people, whose character derives from the grace of Christianity, Americans find it hard to fathom the twisted values that inform such religious teaching as that practiced across most of the Middle East. Ignorant celebrities and misguided politicians are deluded to think that such barbarous dogma is anything but evil. Fools like Rosie O’Donnell tell America that so-called radical Christianity is more dangerous than radical Islam. To his credit, President Bush has not told us lately that Islam is a religion of peace hijacked by extremists. Perhaps now he understands that it is simply a religion of extremism.

Tens of millions of Muslims the world over subscribe to these beliefs. They believe that women should be subjugated, “infidels” murdered and iron-fisted legalism imposed on the world. Nothing less than civilization itself depends on the outcome of the struggle.
What do you guys make of this?
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6760

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/4387604.stm

For those who will cry and moan about your source.

Anyway, I expect nobody to talk about that.  I remember that.  It serves a lot of people on this forum well to ignore this stuff.
skipper2666
Go Canucks Go!
+13|6314|Canada BC
It's still all because of the christians........................
Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6693|San Francisco
The key words in the article are zealots and radicals, neither one representing the Whole of Islam.
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6327

Actually, I'd be glad to hear about this source of mine. I just logged on to the site and have been reading various articles. I'm not a very political person, but after watching a certain documentary a few hours ago, I've become enlightened, and would like to get more time on the subject.
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6760

Marconius wrote:

The key words in the article are zealots and radicals, neither one representing the Whole of Islam.
But that is not the point.  People use Abu Ghraib as a poster for bashing the US.  Yet people dismiss this as just random nonsense or an isolated incident.
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6327

Well if the documentary "Sicko" by Micheal Moore caries any weight,  Abu Ghraib is freaking top of the line in treating prisoners...
Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6693|San Francisco
It is the point though, since people can easily twist the total representation of Islam to being filled with only extremists, which is what that article is aiming to do (from a Conservative site, no less).  There are extremists and zealots in every culture, and Abu Ghraib just goes to show that the actions of a few does not represent the will of the Whole, no matter what media is chosen to be used to report on it.
Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6693|San Francisco

Im_Dooomed wrote:

Well if the documentary "Sicko" by Micheal Moore caries any weight,  Abu Ghraib is freaking top of the line in treating prisoners...
Um...you're thinking of Guantanamo Bay, not Abu Ghraib.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6404|North Carolina
Basically...  whatever we do is pretty tame compared to the OP.

Granted, the actions of a government are understandably viewed differently than the actions of an extremist group.

Still, these human rights groups need to go to Africa, the Middle East, Burma, and Indonesia.  The same thing is true of the Womens' Rights groups.   We might need some improvements, but these other areas REALLY need them.

Last edited by Turquoise (2008-01-21 22:58:37)

Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6327

Marconius wrote:

Im_Dooomed wrote:

Um...you're thinking of Guantanamo Bay, not Abu Ghraib.
Right, thnx for clearing that up. But still I think its bullshit.
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6327

Turquoise wrote:

Basically...  whatever we do is pretty tame compared to the OP.

Granted, the actions of a government are understandably viewed differently than the actions of an extremist group.

Still, these human rights groups need to go to Africa, the Middle East, Burma, and Indonesia.  The same thing is true of the Womens' Rights groups.   We might need some improvements, but these other areas REALLY need them.
I really doubt a Women's Rights group can make a difference in Iran or Saudi Arabia, but I honestly admit I don't know a damn thing. Maybe they have those groups already in place there, and are making head-way? Or not...
NantanCochise
+55|5977|Portugal/United States
Hmmmm, no one here blaming Isreal or the United States yet. It wount be long...
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6760

Marconius wrote:

It is the point though, since people can easily twist the total representation of Islam to being filled with only extremists, which is what that article is aiming to do (from a Conservative site, no less).  There are extremists and zealots in every culture, and Abu Ghraib just goes to show that the actions of a few does not represent the will of the Whole, no matter what media is chosen to be used to report on it.
What I am trying to say is, after AG you saw protests in the streets and media fury all over.  After this incident, did you see protests in the streets in the US about islam?  No, you did not.  So my point is, who are the ones that are misguided and uninformed about the other?  We (this forum) make it out the Americans are the ones who do not understand.  Well this story and the AG crap clearly illustrate who understands and who does not.
Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6693|San Francisco
With Abu Ghraib, the issue was that the Military, a few of those in Uniform that are supposed to protect and represent us overseas as a national identity, ended up torturing and humiliating prisoners in a despicable fashion.  This was the US Military, not a small group of extremists looking to make a name for themselves, hence the gross difference in reporting and reaction.  That incident brought us down to the level of the extremists, when there we are, supposedly bringing about a new and better way of life for the society we are occupying.

It's all about scale, scope, and context.  I still stand by my initial statement that the actions of a few do not represent the will of the Whole.
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6327

So, who DOES understand usmarine?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6760

Marconius wrote:

That incident brought us down to the level of the extremists, when there we are, supposedly bringing about a new and better way of life for the society we are occupying.
Wait a second.  Putting panties on a prisoners head and chopping off a school girls head is not the same level.  It ain't even the same building.
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6327

Marconius wrote:

It's all about scale, scope, and context.  I still stand by my initial statement that the actions of a few do not represent the will of the Whole.
Basically, its all about resentment. Luckily we as a society, as human beings, look down upon the grotesque actions of those who maim, kill, and rape. But, in the end evil will ensue, and all society really does it just shun it.
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6715
I love the apologists for these subhuman animals.... comparing them to abu ghraib prison guards...   

I would choose an Abu Ghraib stay over getting my head cut off or left to burn to death in a building...

what do you apologists get out of defending these animals...?
Love is the answer
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6327

To clarify, I was asking you a question. You said:

usmarine2005 wrote:

Well this story and the AG crap clearly illustrate who understands and who does not.
I was asking, who does understand?
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6670|UK

Im_Dooomed wrote:

An article I found HERE

The savages who practice radical Islam continue their march down the road of seventh century barbarism. No other religion in the modern world is so vile, so hate-filled, so violently aggressive in the pursuit of its goals.

In Indonesia, the world’s largest Islamic state, three Christian teenage girls walking home from school were abducted and beheaded as “Ramadan trophies” by militants who conceived the idea after a visit with fellow jihadists in the Philippines. Plastic bags containing the severed heads were dumped in the girls’ village in Indonesia’s Sulawesi province.

Accompanying the grisly “trophies” was a handwritten note threatening more such attacks. The note read: “Wanted: 100 more Christian heads, teenaged or adult, male or female; blood shall be answered with blood, soul with soul, head with head.”

In Sudan, the genocidal nation whose Muslim majority is systematically slaughtering Christians in Darfur, a court has sentenced a British teacher, Gillian Gibbons, to fifteen days in a filthy, disease-infested Sudanese prison, followed by permanent deportation from the country. Her crime? She allowed her young pupils to name a teddy bear “Mohammad.”

As the kangaroo court sentenced her to this ridiculous sentence for this absurd “crime,” protesters in the streets outside brandished swords and other weapons and demanded that she be executed!

Then there are our good friends, the Saudis, who laugh at us from the sands of their kingdom as they hold us hostage to their oil while they brutalize their own people, mostly women, in the name of Allah.

The latest in an ongoing string of outrages from the kingdom is the case of the young woman who was gang raped. A Saudi court sentenced her -- that’s right, her -- to 90 lashes for the “crime” of sitting in a car with a man who was not her husband.

This is the same group of savages whose morality police allowed a group of girls to die because they tried to escape their burning school without their heads properly covered in the manner proscribed by this sick religion. Fifteen girls between the ages of 13 and 17 were trampled to death and 52 others were hurt when a blaze swept through their school.

Some 800 schoolgirls were crammed into a building designed for only 250. The main gate to the school was locked. There were no emergency exits, no fire alarms and no fire extinguishers in the building. When the building caught fire, the girls tried to flee. Police stopped them, refusing to allow them to leave the burning building. When male bystanders tried to rescue the girls, they were told that “It is sinful to approach them.”

As Mona Eltahawy, a reporter and a Saudi Muslim now living in the United States, wrote at the time, “Girls died because zealots at the gate would rather see them burn than appear in public dressed inappropriately.”

As merciful, peace-loving people, whose character derives from the grace of Christianity, Americans find it hard to fathom the twisted values that inform such religious teaching as that practiced across most of the Middle East. Ignorant celebrities and misguided politicians are deluded to think that such barbarous dogma is anything but evil. Fools like Rosie O’Donnell tell America that so-called radical Christianity is more dangerous than radical Islam. To his credit, President Bush has not told us lately that Islam is a religion of peace hijacked by extremists. Perhaps now he understands that it is simply a religion of extremism.

Tens of millions of Muslims the world over subscribe to these beliefs. They believe that women should be subjugated, “infidels” murdered and iron-fisted legalism imposed on the world. Nothing less than civilization itself depends on the outcome of the struggle.
What do you guys make of this?
It's not an article more of an editorial.  Editorial are not news worthy as they are frankly a (bias) opinion/rant of the authour.

I would refrain from posting editorials in all honesty and stick to credible sources for news/debatable material.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6105|eXtreme to the maX
As merciful, peace-loving people, whose character derives from the grace of Christianity, Americans...
Is that the funniest line in D&ST ever?
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
LividBovine
The Year of the Cow!
+175|6379|MN

Dilbert_X wrote:

As merciful, peace-loving people, whose character derives from the grace of Christianity, Americans...
Is that the funniest line in D&ST ever?
Between the two (religions) I would have to say Christianity is based on peace, as for the Americans part, eh we tend to like a good fight.

There sure is a difference in our style of fighting though.
"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation" - Barack Obama (a freshman senator from Illinios)
PureFodder
+225|6284

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

I love the apologists for these subhuman animals.... comparing them to abu ghraib prison guards...   

I would choose an Abu Ghraib stay over getting my head cut off or left to burn to death in a building...

what do you apologists get out of defending these animals...?
I've no problem with labelling the sick fucks who lock kids in a burning school as sick fucks. I do have a problem with painting the other 1.5 billion Muslims who had nothing to do with that with the same brush.
LividBovine
The Year of the Cow!
+175|6379|MN
If I was to label you a Muslim in the US, or a Christian in Indonesia, which would you choose?

Last edited by LividBovine (2008-01-22 03:19:15)

"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation" - Barack Obama (a freshman senator from Illinios)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard