Dragonclaw
+186|6306|Florida

_NL_Lt.EngineerFox wrote:

CommieChipmunk wrote:

Wow, that is the dumbest thing that I've ever head, it's a fucking computer, not a fashion statement.

If you honestly trade a GTS for a GT in order to "match" I move for a perma-ban from the tech section.
That's were taste comes in the picture. One likes rainbows, other like color-coordinated. If you have a closed case it s not a big deal bit when you have a window in your case and you go to contests, you want something classy.
That is fucking retarded, and so are you. People will not think you are cool for having a matching PC, they will think you are a fucking idiot for downgrading your GPU just to have a matching PC. Its a fucking computer, not clothing, not your bedroom. People dont give a shit about "matching colors" Youre wasting money instead of buying another GTS or something else. You will not see the color of the GTS either way on an ATX case.
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6550|UK

Aye, close the fucking case.  Everyones happy!
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6198|Winland

fuzzy.sniper wrote:

yeah don't downgrade your gpu just so it matches you are just plain stupid for doing that i mean come on if your going to do it just for colors give me your gts and just don't buy a new gfx card because the way you are heading with the downgrade graphics thing you clearly don't deserve a graphics card--> don't be stupid i mean come on just for the colors your pathetic for doing something like that but do whatever you want just don't come crying to us when your performance is crappy.
Was that a four-line sentence without any punctation or commas at all? Holy fuck!

Anyhow, caring about your PC looks is ok, adding some fancy LEDs and shit is ok, having an engraved glass door is ok, but actually downgrading your computer for such a thing as colour-co-ordination is just plain stupid. A green PCB will look just as a red PCB under blue-ish lights. If the light applied is blue, the red PCB won't reflect anything, since it doesn't reflect blue very good, and it will appear as black. Same with green lights.

Here, a green and a red card under blue light. Can you spot the differance?
https://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb8/Freezer7Pro/IMG_0173-2.jpg

Spoiler (highlight to read):
The green card is the one on the left.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6328

This thread is fucking hilarious.
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6454|The Twilight Zone
Engi your PC looks nice.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
fuzzy.sniper
+15|5966
wwo on that chart the gtx beats the ultra lol!!
tkoi
Utahraptor!
+148|6148|Texas

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Was that a four-line sentence without any punctation or commas at all? Holy fuck!
Commas aren't punctuation, Mr. Superior?
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6324|New Haven, CT

Freezer7Pro wrote:

fuzzy.sniper wrote:

yeah don't downgrade your gpu just so it matches you are just plain stupid for doing that i mean come on if your going to do it just for colors give me your gts and just don't buy a new gfx card because the way you are heading with the downgrade graphics thing you clearly don't deserve a graphics card--> don't be stupid i mean come on just for the colors your pathetic for doing something like that but do whatever you want just don't come crying to us when your performance is crappy.

Anyhow, caring about your PC looks is ok, adding some fancy LEDs and shit is ok, having an engraved glass door is ok, but actually downgrading your computer for such a thing as colour-co-ordination is just plain stupid. A green PCB will look just as a red PCB under blue-ish lights. If the light applied is blue, the red PCB won't reflect anything, since it doesn't reflect blue very good, and it will appear as black. Same with green lights.

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb8/ … 0173-2.jpg

I guessed right. Go me.
The_Sniper_NM
Official EVGA Fanboy
+94|6114|SC | USA |
Someone just close thread. Its engi's money and engi's decision. Criticism is ok, but not to this extent.

/thread please.
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6149|'straya
go for it mate!! just as long as u send that GTS to me
if not. i say dont bother. waste of money.

but hey its up to u
CommieChipmunk
+488|6570|Portland, OR, USA

xGj wrote:

nukchebi0 wrote:

xGj wrote:

But, but, didn't I hear you did something with paste? I mean honestly don't bash him so much for his feelings about what he wants, you can disagree but talking about stupid in tech isn't your deal..
CommieKiller messed up his motherboard with paste, not CommieChipmunk.

On, to the OP, this is a stupid idea. Buy 10-15 LEDs of the same color, and your case will look uniform.
O lol, silly me. Never mind
Blasphemy
']['error
Banned
+630|6644|The Netherlands

nukchebi0 wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

fuzzy.sniper wrote:

I guessed right. Go me.
Me too
ph4s3
engineer
+34|6829|Texas

_NL_Lt.EngineerFox wrote:

CommieChipmunk wrote:

Wow, that is the dumbest thing that I've ever head, it's a fucking computer, not a fashion statement.

If you honestly trade a GTS for a GT in order to "match" I move for a perma-ban from the tech section.
That's were taste comes in the picture. One likes rainbows, other like color-coordinated. If you have a closed case it s not a big deal bit when you have a window in your case and you go to contests, you want something classy.
Holy crap this is one of the most retarded thing I've ever heard.

Go ahead and tell the people at your next "contest" that you maxed out your color coordination options at the cost of performance and see how much respect you get.  I'm guessing none, unless there are PC beauty contests that I don't know about. 

Who the hell buys internal PC parts for the look of the PCB?  If it was anyone but you, nvidia, et. al. would make a mint on different silk screens for their PCBs.
Code:CarDealer > so, Lt.EngineerFox, what kind of car are you looking for? Lt.EngineerFox > Red. CarDealer > $$$

Last edited by ph4s3 (2008-01-23 04:41:08)

xGj
Official lame Crysis fanboy.
+84|6372|Netherlands tbh

CommieChipmunk wrote:

xGj wrote:

nukchebi0 wrote:

CommieKiller messed up his motherboard with paste, not CommieChipmunk.

On, to the OP, this is a stupid idea. Buy 10-15 LEDs of the same color, and your case will look uniform.
Blasphemy
Madness
.Sup
be nice

xGj wrote:

CommieChipmunk wrote:

xGj wrote:

Blasphemy
Madness
Communism, party?
GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6415|Finland

this thread is like... lol wut?
Lets clear up few things...

If YOU don't care what your pc looks like, then continue not to care ffs.
If YOU do care, then do what you want. (buy nice looking parts etc. and be happy you got nice looking rig.)

Edit: and I do care. I wouldn't buy some shit brown/fugly parts if I could get better looking ones for the same price.

Last edited by GC_PaNzerFIN (2008-01-23 09:50:02)

3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
.Sup
be nice
If you want your PC to look nice you dont even need to buy the processor! Just put the cooler over the socket, no one will even notice its not there. But make sure the chipset cooler of the mobo looks nice.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6286|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

.Sup wrote:

If you want your PC to look nice you dont even need to buy the processor! Just put the cooler over the socket, no one will even notice its not there. But make sure the chipset cooler of the mobo looks nice.
You hit the nail on the head my freind

+1

Last edited by FloppY_ (2008-01-23 09:56:02)

­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6830|Grapevine, TX
Heres some matching RAM for your flaming gay PC
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications … ocz+nvidia
https://images.tigerdirect.com/skuimages/large/O261-7054-main.jpg
.Sup
be nice
fail. the coolers aren't green enough.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6538|Long Island, New York
I care about the way my PC looks, but not enough to downgrade it.
.Sup
be nice

Poseidon wrote:

I care about the way my PC looks, but not enough to downgrade it.
same here. i select the components i want and then make the interior of the PC as neat as possible (cable managing).
fuzzy.sniper
+15|5966

Freezer7Pro wrote:

fuzzy.sniper wrote:

The reason i did not make any punctuations was because i had to hurry up and type it because i had to leave to go somewhere. HAPPY NOW?
.Sup
be nice

fuzzy.sniper wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

fuzzy.sniper wrote:

The reason i did not make any punctuations was because i had to hurry up and type it because i had to leave to go somewhere. HAPPY NOW?
What were you eating that it was such a hurry? Beans?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard