Darkhelmet
cereal killer
+233|6785|the middle of nowhere
So I was playing TF2 and decided to try taking some video with xfire. I was playing fine and when I hit Scroll Lock + v to start it, my game went bonkers. I could barely move and everything was so laggy. I quit and tried to play the video file, which was about 700+ MB and it had only lasted about 15 seconds. Of course, I still have a crappy dell computer, so I wouldn't expect it to run that well. Does the video beta work for anyone else?
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6800|UK
Yeah it really sucks. My clan mates tried it and said it dropped their FPS so low.
farmerfez
o wut?
+78|6565

it IS a beta
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6436|dm_maidenhead
record <filename>
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6498|meh-land

Darkhelmet wrote:

So I was playing TF2 and decided to try taking some video with xfire. I was playing fine and when I hit Scroll Lock + v to start it, my game went bonkers. I could barely move and everything was so laggy. I quit and tried to play the video file, which was about 700+ MB and it had only lasted about 15 seconds. Of course, I still have a crappy dell computer, so I wouldn't expect it to run that well. Does the video beta work for anyone else?
that's a pretty huge bit rate, even fraps doesn't record that high

it's not like we want to watch the videos on an HDTV lol
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6502
If you need a free video capture thing that doesn't make the game unplayable use wegame. I heard the not free version of FRAPS is better if you're willing to spend $40.

XFire's thing is still in beta so it is poor at recording sound and will make your FPS be very, very low.
h4hagen
Whats my age again?
+91|6387|Troy, New York
I got around 15 fps coming from 125- worse than fraps.
Hakei
Banned
+295|6030
PM me if you need a good copy of fraps.

Yeah, a good copy.
SamTheMan:D
Banned
+856|6008|England

Hakei wrote:

PM me if you need a good copy of fraps.

Yeah, a good copy.
WeGame
NeXuS
Shock it till ya know it
+375|6376|Atlanta, Georgia
It's cause it only captures at 30 fps. If you could chose like on fraps to like 70 or 100 it would be better.
Darkhelmet
cereal killer
+233|6785|the middle of nowhere
I downloaded the WeGame recorder and tried it. It was definitely better than the xfire, but it was still very laggy and the sound was all choppy. The video turned out the same. My computer is very bad, that is the problem.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard