colonelioan
+14|6463|Kanada
I think is like sleeping, but without waking up and without dream, aka total dark for ever.
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6628|Gold coast, Aus.
You cease to function.
TheDarkRaven
ATG's First Disciple
+263|6631|Birmingham, UK
Good question... bye everyone! *goes to find out*
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6692|United States of America

Funky_Finny wrote:

Hakei wrote:

Funky_Finny wrote:

Doesn't life suck for you thinking that?
What? Are you serious? Why should I believe some bullshit about there being a great place once I die when I know it isn't true..

People spend their whole lives devoted to religious bullshit hoping that they'll be rewarded, it's all crap.

You get born, you die. The part in the middle is called life, and that's the fun part. And anyone who thinks otherwise needs to think very long and hard about themselves and what they want at the end of the day.
I lika you.

Religion is worthless imo.
It's a shame this isn't D&ST so I could have an excuse for acting pretentious, but religion has A LOT more to do than worshipping a diety. I'd say for the people who actually think about it (this includes atheists and agnostics as well) it encourages a great deal of introspection and allows one to figure out what they truly believe.
Funky_Finny
Banned
+456|6140|Carnoustie, Scotland
You make a fair point, DesertFox- but the main jist of Religion is to worship someone. Nobody knows what God looks like, nobody has heard him speak, the only evidence of Jesus has been translated through many languages and has been fucked up along the way, there is basically no solid evidence of Jesus and people who think he exists/existed are the ones I'm speaking about - they're wasting their lives, devoting it to Jesus and God, because I think they do not exist.
Nintendogamer
+72|6594|Chelmsford, UK
I think that death is based on what you belive, if you belive in heaven. you go there. if you believe in re-incarnation, you get re-incarnated. and so on and so on.
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6137|North Tonawanda, NY

jimmanycricket wrote:

Funky_Finny wrote:

jimmanycricket wrote:

not really, what really sucks, is that there is no free will.
Yeah, I believe that. Everything you do has been planned out by some other force (NOT God.)
No i dont think anything was planned i just believe in cause and effect and that quantum theory does not give nearly enough room for free will.

I dont believe in destiny i just believe stuff happens, nothing you can do. You cant change the future. What ever decisions you make, you were going always going to make it.
What?  Can you even try to explain the bolded portion?
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia

Funky_Finny wrote:

You make a fair point, DesertFox- but the main jist of Religion is to worship someone. Nobody knows what God looks like, nobody has heard him speak, the only evidence of Jesus has been translated through many languages and has been fucked up along the way, there is basically no solid evidence of Jesus and people who think he exists/existed are the ones I'm speaking about - they're wasting their lives, devoting it to Jesus and God, because I think they do not exist.
The fact that you say this with such conviction tells me that you miss the point of religion.  That's not an insult, but an observation.  Religion serves a great purpose to a large percentage of the world.  To call it useless is, well, uninformed.
colonelioan
+14|6463|Kanada
For those who are believing in Religion, I'm sorry but i have to do it this guy owns.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeSSwKffj9o
Funky_Finny
Banned
+456|6140|Carnoustie, Scotland

SenorToenails wrote:

Funky_Finny wrote:

The fact that you say this with such conviction tells me that you miss the point of religion.  That's not an insult, but an observation.  Religion serves a great purpose to a large percentage of the world.  To call it useless is, well, uninformed.
What purpose does it serve?
Creating racisim, wars, street fighting?

The only positive is that it gives people hope. Which is false hope, but hope none-the-less.
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia

Funky_Finny wrote:

What purpose does it serve?
Creating racisim, wars, street fighting?

The only positive is that it gives people hope. Which is false hope, but hope none-the-less.
What about all the charity that religious organizations are doing?  All the good works that have been attributed to various religions? 

The personal gains that people get from religion are far greater.  It might not be for you, but to condemn all religion as useless just because you don't understand it isn't right.

It's so easy to forget all the good that religion has done.
Sgt.Kyle
Kyle
+48|6490|P-way, NJ
You go to sleep. then get reborn as a Dinosaur on planet 50984
LT.Victim
+1,175|6570|British Columbia, Canada
You respawn in 15 seconds.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6006|...
I believe in reincarnation

sue me you atheists.
inane little opines
jsnipy
+3,276|6530|...

We wake up.
Hakei
Banned
+295|6002

Funky_Finny wrote:

Hakei wrote:

Funky_Finny wrote:

Doesn't life suck for you thinking that?
What? Are you serious? Why should I believe some bullshit about there being a great place once I die when I know it isn't true..

People spend their whole lives devoted to religious bullshit hoping that they'll be rewarded, it's all crap.

You get born, you die. The part in the middle is called life, and that's the fun part. And anyone who thinks otherwise needs to think very long and hard about themselves and what they want at the end of the day.
I lika you.

Religion is worthless imo.
I'm sure a lot of people think that too, they're just too scared that they will offend someone if they say it.
Srgt Killalot
+6|6429|ireland
if ya think about it all, sure its all bullshit might as well go and shag all your neighbours it wont matter at the endgame. still end up being worm chowder regardless of how ya live your life.

the only thing that is certain is that it will happen someday
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6705

You just stop existing. No thoughts, no darkness, no dreaming. Just nothing.

Last edited by PspRpg-7 (2008-01-19 21:01:06)

CommieChipmunk
+488|6577|Portland, OR, USA
Your neurons stop firing and you cease to exist.

Last edited by CommieChipmunk (2008-01-19 20:55:59)

Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6470|Tyne & Wear, England
Fade to black ... forever.  How morbid.
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
Ollie
Formerly known as Larkin
+215|5991|Halifax, West Yorkshire
You decompose and your body comes to support new life, and eventually you're atoms go on to be parts of another living things. Thats why I want to be burnt on a pyre when I die, so my atoms can be distributed over a large area. Or have by ashes shot out of a giant canon like Hunter S. Thompson, that would be cool too.

Even when you die you still live on, albeit it not conciously.
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6584|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!
What happen when you die...humm...Your Dead...that's about it.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6545|Long Island, New York
Don't know, and I won't until my heart stops beating.

Until then, I'll be living my life to the fullest.

colonelioan wrote:

For those who are believing in Religion, I'm sorry but i have to do it this guy owns.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeSSwKffj9o
I swear to God, if one more fucking atheist links to that video I'm going to go back in time and dis-invent all sources of internet videos.

It's not that I have anything against atheists or George Carlin, but...come on. That's like the 50th time an atheist has linked to that video. Including like 10 times by one person who loves to proclaim he's atheist where ever he possibly can.

Last edited by Poseidon (2008-01-19 23:29:15)

(cob)mikko
+21|6451|finland
somebody but you in a oven and burn you or worms eat you!
Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6702|The Ville
It's like when you sleep but you have no dreams and you will never wake up.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard