usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6754

"A former congressman and delegate to the United Nations was indicted Wednesday as part of a terrorist fundraising ring that allegedly sent more than $130,000 to an al-Qaida and Taliban supporter who has threatened U.S. and international troops in Afghanistan'

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080116/ap_ … n_indicted

I mean seriously.  This guy should be hanged.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6664|UK
Nice title.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6754

m3thod wrote:

Nice title.
Hey troll.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6614|London, England
Probably plenty more of that going on right now.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6625|949

The former Congressman lobbied the Federal Government on behalf of the IARA to try to get it off the list of terrorist fund raising organizations.  That is not illegal, but perhaps a bad decision.  They probably approached him because of his political ties, seeing as he was a Representative 20 years prior.  He is involved in laundering money and perjury - he did not donate a dime to the Taliban or IARA as far as the article states.

Interesting that you advocate capital punishment for money laundering and perjury...
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6754

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Interesting that you advocate capital punishment for money laundering and perjury...
More like treason.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6614|London, England
Plenty more politicians here and in the US that should go down for treason. China's the only country that has the balls to do it.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6754

Mek-Izzle wrote:

Plenty more politicians here and in the US that should go down for treason.
Won't argue with that.
David.P
Banned
+649|6267
So should i start with the Islam bashing?
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6625|949

usmarine2005 wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

More like treason.
Do tell me how being employed by a company legally amounts to treason?
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6493|so randum

David.P wrote:

No, because it's becoming a little cliche.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6664|UK

David.P wrote:

Congressman was a Muslim?
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6754

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

More like treason.
Well the Treasury Department seems to think otherwise of that "charity"
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6625|949

usmarine2005 wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

More like treason.
Well the Treasury Department seems to think otherwise of that "charity"
The man consulted for the charity and laundered money and then lied about it.  He didn't donate any money to it, he actually lobbied the government to remove it from the list of terrorist fund raising organizations- something else the lawsuit is trying to prove (that it was in fact donating money used in terrorist planning or attacks).  There is no treason, simply perhaps a bad moral decision to work for a charity that among other activities is suspected of donating to a Taliban/Al Qaeda sympathizer.

Last edited by KEN-JENNINGS (2008-01-16 16:50:09)

David.P
Banned
+649|6267

FatherTed wrote:

David.P wrote:

No, because it's becoming a little cliche.
Ya you're right.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6438|The Land of Scott Walker

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

The man consulted for the charity and laundered money and then lied about it.  He didn't donate any money to it, he actually lobbied the government to remove it from the list of terrorist fund raising organizations- something else the lawsuit is trying to prove (that it was in fact donating money used in terrorist planning or attacks).  There is no treason, simply perhaps a bad moral decision to work for a charity that among other activities is suspected of donating to a Taliban/Al Qaeda sympathizer.
Laundered money, lied, lobbied to get the organization removed from th list of terrorist fund raisers so the ring could send more than $130,000 to an al-Qaida and Taliban supporter who has threatened U.S. and international troops in Afghanistan.  Sounds like treason to me.  Lock n load.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6667|Canberra, AUS

The US Constitution wrote:

Article III.

Section 3.

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort. No person shall be convicted of treason unless on the testimony of two witnesses to the same overt act, or on confession in open court.

The Congress shall have power to declare the punishment of treason, but no attainder of treason shall work corruption of blood, or forfeiture except during the life of the person attainted.
I think it counts as treason in this case.

Last edited by Spark (2008-01-16 17:47:43)

The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6522|Global Command

usmarine2005 wrote:

"A former congressman and delegate to the United Nations was indicted Wednesday as part of a terrorist fundraising ring that allegedly sent more than $130,000 to an al-Qaida and Taliban supporter who has threatened U.S. and international troops in Afghanistan'

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080116/ap_ … n_indicted

I mean seriously.  This guy should be hanged.
I totally agree.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6625|949

Spark wrote:

Article III.

Section 3.

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort. No person shall be convicted of treason unless on the testimony of two witnesses to the same overt act, or on confession in open court.

The Congress shall have power to declare the punishment of treason, but no attainder of treason shall work corruption of blood, or forfeiture except during the life of the person attainted.
Read the article.  He didn't give any aid.  He was hired as a consultant to lobby the U.S. government.  He is tied to the organization and lawsuit only in that he helped launder money then lied about it in legal depositions.

Money laundering and perjury does not equal treason.
Stingray24
Money laundering isn't aid?
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6625|949

Read the article.  Do I really have to think for you too?
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6398|North Carolina
Hmmm...  I believe this guy might be a good candidate for a permanent rendition, if you know what I mean...   Hopefully, he'll disappear and then we'll later find his head on a random hill in Albania.
Stingray24

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Read the article.  Do I really have to think for you too?
You agree he laundered money, yes?  I've been in the financial industry for 8 years in lending and managing accounts.  We have regulations in place to prevent money laundering because it is an incredibly serious crime in and of itself.  Knowing where the money went, the money laundering alone is treason.  Add on perjury and lobbying to get the organization off the terror support list only solidifies the case for treason.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6625|949

It isn't clear that he knew where the money went.  From what the article describes, he knew the money was not allocated for payment to him, and agreed to conceal the fact that he knew that - hence the money laundering charge.  The fact that he lied in a legal deposition about this knowledge means he committed perjury.  Anything else that you describe about providing aid or knowing where the money went is simple speculation on your part.
David.P
Banned
+649|6267

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Spark wrote:

Article III.

Section 3.

Read the article.  He didn't give any aid.  He was hired as a consultant to lobby the U.S. government.  He is tied to the organization and lawsuit only in that he helped launder money then lied about it in legal depositions.

Money laundering and perjury does not equal treason.
Ken why are you defending him?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard