steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6378|the land of bourbon
so, what is your stance on flying the heli's into the hangar bay on gator?  on some servers, it is forbidden as a "glitch," others allow it with no problems.  personally, i think if you have the skill and suicidal tendency, go on in.  i do not like the fact that the flag in the engine room is cappable, however.  that being said, the other team has to suck balls to not take out a heli in that confined area.  as far as taking the apache all the way to the back of the ship, more power to you if you can get there in one piece.  once again, though, the flag in mess hall should not be cappable.  discuss...
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
FlemishHCmaniac
+147|6409|Belgium
If you have a team with a least a few sensible people, a chopper in the hangar bay should NOT be a problem. I don't care if people do it, they are easy kills.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6562|Area 51
SRAW > Chopper in Hangarbay.
suomalainen_äijä
+64|6162
who cares about it anymore?
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6378|the land of bourbon
Me
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6563|England

I remember playing on WH when that first started to be done. Everyone was blown away by it, that the chopper dominated inside, and you'd often see two HIND's in the Hanger Bay, at the front, shooting up to front of the ship.

Even when the Mi-17 started to get taken into the Hanger Bay, it was big news. Until people wised up and planted AT-Mines and C4 on the ramp and got a lovely 6 kills each time

As far as Im concerned, it can be done - so do it. Its not padding, its not glitching, its nothing other than simple tactics and gameplay. Theres no "EA Rules of Engagement" against it...so wtf.
Only thing I dont like, as you say, is that you can cap the Engine Room, and also the Mess Hall if you get that far in with the Apache. Also, the Hangar Bay Fore can be capped from the deck of the ship in a heli. In other words...helis can actually cap every flag on the ship
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6562|Area 51

Snake wrote:

I remember playing on WH when that first started to be done. Everyone was blown away by it, that the chopper dominated inside, and you'd often see two HIND's in the Hanger Bay, at the front, shooting up to front of the ship.

Even when the Mi-17 started to get taken into the Hanger Bay, it was big news. Until people wised up and planted AT-Mines and C4 on the ramp and got a lovely 6 kills each time

As far as Im concerned, it can be done - so do it. Its not padding, its not glitching, its nothing other than simple tactics and gameplay. Theres no "EA Rules of Engagement" against it...so wtf.
Only thing I dont like, as you say, is that you can cap the Engine Room, and also the Mess Hall if you get that far in with the Apache. Also, the Hangar Bay Fore can be capped from the deck of the ship in a heli. In other words...helis can actually cap every flag on the ship
Which is glitching, so going in the hangar bay killing everything living thing = good, mmmkay? Capping flags is baaaad, mmmkay?
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6563|England

RDMC wrote:

Snake wrote:

Which is glitching, so going in the hangar bay killing everything living thing = good, mmmkay? Capping flags is baaaad, mmmkay?
Aye, agreed...I dont dispute that

What Im trying to say is, there is nothing wrong with going in there...but capping the flags is not on. In fact, hiding inside the Gator with the Apache is a great way of stopping the MECSF of taking the Hanger Bay, and then surprising the HIND
signa
~~~~~
+50|6726|Michigan, USA
capping the engine room from hangerbay AFT is glitching, same as capping Fore from the outside of the ship.  I dont think I would hide in the ship with a chopper though, you cant accomplish much there.
SplinterStrike
Roamer
+250|6408|Eskimo land. AKA Canada.
Flying the helis in, yes. Fun when the US are pinned down at the Fore. Rocket spam, reload, repeat.

Glitch capping I dont do.
kptk92
u
+972|6405|tc_london
I'm usually a medic whore on SF/Gator especially. I tend to just ignore the choppers as best as I can
Gaston
+2|6224

Snake wrote:

RDMC wrote:

Snake wrote:

Aye, agreed...I dont dispute that

What Im trying to say is, there is nothing wrong with going in there...but capping the flags is not on. In fact, hiding inside the Gator with the Apache is a great way of stopping the MECSF of taking the Hanger Bay, and then surprising the HIND
About that I am not sure. All vehicles in BF2 have larger capture radius than foot soldiers, and this was never questioned. So personally I don`t think it`s a glitch. There`s a number of extremley good players on WH server and every vehicle, weapon or piece of equipment are used to the extreme. Some players, usually new comers from the US team suffer a lot, especially from Hello/APC spawnraping, but all attempts to recapture the "viewing deck" or "fly deck" when arabs have an air superiority and having a descent helicrew and good APC driver are doomed. Iron Gator is maybe the best suited BF2 map for defence(no artillery, no jets, few entry points, lots of cover, hard aproach for the offence, etc.). The problem is that BF fans don`t like and don`t want to play in defence.

Last edited by Gaston (2008-01-28 10:27:35)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard