White-Fusion wrote:

Oh Lawds
Worse then your RAM fuck up...lol.
Yep. But not worse than this guy

https://xgaweb.com/uploads/photos/562.jpg
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6684|Long Island, New York
Well, if the shit hits the fan and the mobo and the CPU ARE down the shitter, it's just another one of life's harsh lessons. You learn from mistakes, man. We all do. Hopefully you'll get some guidance next time.
ProteinRage
Hero of the Internet
+15|6616|Everywhere and nowhere
/facedesk

If by some miracle you get this computer working, and manage to take decent/believable pics of it, I will karma you everyday for a week.

Last edited by ProteinRage (2008-01-15 14:28:57)

Commie Killer
+192|6533

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Commie Killer wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Even my Nokia 3220 from 2003/04 doesn't take 150*113 pics. Nor does my 3200 from 2002/03. They both take VGA (640*480). So, you've fucked up the pic pretty bad.
Its pretty good quality on phone, problem is, I have to email it to myself to get it online, that throws quality down the shitter.
It's called a "USB cable"...

And even a GPRS/MMS uplink would handle VGA pics.
Different socket then old phone, havent been able to find a cable that fits yet.
Commie Killer
+192|6533

ProteinRage wrote:

/facedesk

If you get this computer working, and manage to take decent/believable pics of it, I will karma you everyday for a week.
Just try not to laugh too much, and Ill be happy.

Im starting to get the feeling that this topic is gonna become as epic as cdogm.
Commie Killer
+192|6533

White-Fusion wrote:

Commie Killer wrote:

White-Fusion wrote:

Oh Lawds

http://xgaweb.com/uploads/photos/562.jpg
Some consolation. Next time, Ill make sure to throw the CPU in a fire to burn the paste off. Lol.
GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6561|Finland

Commie Killer wrote:

White-Fusion wrote:

Commie Killer wrote:

Some consolation. Next time, Ill make sure to throw the CPU in a fire to burn the paste off. Lol.
may I ask where you got the idea to put the paste UNDER the CPU? Since there is paste in the stock cooler that comes with the CPU.
3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
02fxnmaurer
+75|6628|Birmingham UK
exactli....panzerfin ? lol
Brasso
+1,549|6777

White-Fusion wrote:

Commie Killer wrote:

White-Fusion wrote:

Oh Lawds

yes, my friend sent that to me right before i went to sleep and i lol'ed myself to bed.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Commie Killer
+192|6533

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

Commie Killer wrote:

White-Fusion wrote:

may I ask where you got the idea to put the paste UNDER the CPU? Since there is paste in the stock cooler that comes with the CPU.
Well in truth, my old P4, has paste on the pins, came that way from Sony, worked fine.

BTW, can someone explain how/where to put on the paste, and the heat sink? Even shitty photoshopped pictures would work.

The fan/heatsink combo is a Thermaltake V1.

Mobo/heatsink does not say anything for this. They expect smart people to attempt to build a computer.

Last edited by Commie Killer (2008-01-15 14:38:06)

ProteinRage
Hero of the Internet
Atleast Commie has a sense of humility and this would-be epic fail turned into a sort of group laugh. Some people wouldn't be able to handle that kind of screw up. I sincerely hope things get resolved.

Commie CPU Killer

Last edited by ProteinRage (2008-01-15 14:38:26)

DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6610|cuntshitlake

Commie Killer wrote:

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

Commie Killer wrote:

Well in truth, my old P4, has paste on the pins, came that way from Sony, worked fine.

BTW, can someone explain how/where to put on the paste, and the heat sink? Even shitty photoshopped pictures would work.

Mobo/heatsink does not say anything for this. They expect smart people to attempt to build a computer.
Thin layer of Paste all over the core.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
GC_PaNzerFIN
+528|6561|Finland

This was the best laugh about tech stuff after seeing a pic of a real mouse that got killed inside PSU with text: " You aren't supposed to install mouse inside the power supply!" HAHAAHAHH
3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
Commie Killer
+192|6533

DeathUnlimited wrote:

Commie Killer wrote:

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

Thin layer of Paste all over the core.
Yeah I understand that much from Google Images. Turns out there was a instruction booklet, it had fallen out of the box the CPU came in, and got stuck between the flaps of the big box everything came in. Doesnt say how to install heatsink though.
02fxnmaurer
+75|6628|Birmingham UK
basically ur paste goes on top of the cpu ...once situated correctly upon ur mobo ....then u apply the cooler ...whether stock or ur own choice, with most of the dual/quad core intels...the paste is pre-applied...to the bottom of the cooler (little grey strips)...so no paste is needed....as i expect in ur case...but seen as u used a non stock cooler...u would have had to apply ur own paste.
ProteinRage
Hero of the Internet
http://www.arcticsilver.com/pdf/appinst … d_wcap.pdf

Yarg, that is the artic silver tutorial for the quad core. Ignore the other link I gave.
GC_PaNzerFIN
+528|6561|Finland

ProteinRage wrote:

You're in luck, Arctic Silver provides their own tutorial!

http://www.arcticsilver.com/pdf/appinst … l_wcap.pdf
my gawd... that link is a firefox killer! It has crashed my browser 3 times already

edit: what cooler is he installing?

Last edited by GC_PaNzerFIN (2008-01-15 14:45:44)

Commie Killer
+192|6533

02fxnmaurer wrote:

basically ur paste goes on top of the cpu ...once situated correctly upon ur mobo ....then u apply the cooler ...whether stock or ur own choice, with most of the dual/quad core intels...the paste is pre-applied...to the bottom of the cooler (little grey strips)...so no paste is needed....as i expect in ur case...but seen as u used a non stock cooler...u would have had to apply ur own paste.
I was advised to do that, anyways, it didnt come with a stock cooler. Umm, does this cooler work with this mobo? Says use the push pins to snap cooler into mobo, this doesnt have any push pins.
DanishHonor
+8|6145|Denmark

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

ProteinRage wrote:

You're in luck, Arctic Silver provides their own tutorial!

http://www.arcticsilver.com/pdf/appinst … l_wcap.pdf
my gawd... that link is a firefox killer! It has crashed my browser 3 times already

edit: what cooler is he installing?
Offtopic sorry: Yet another reason not to use FireFox
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6610|cuntshitlake

Commie Killer wrote:

02fxnmaurer wrote:

I was advised to do that, anyways, it didnt come with a stock cooler. Umm, does this cooler work with this mobo? Says use the push pins to snap cooler into mobo, this doesnt have any push pins.
OH SHIT STAY IN THIS POSITION AND DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING!

Now gently describe the situation :p
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Commie Killer
+192|6533
Lmfao. I spread it vertically, as in the first link, second link, is supposed to be horizontal. Yay. Ohh well. I fixed that.
aimless
+166|6271|Texas

DeathUnlimited wrote:

Commie Killer wrote:

02fxnmaurer wrote:

The pins on the heatsink, there are 4 of them. They fit in the 4 small holes around your cpu socket.
Commie Killer
+192|6533

DeathUnlimited wrote:

Commie Killer wrote:

02fxnmaurer wrote:

Ok...
This is the bottom of the cooler:http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/product/Cooler/Retail/Cl-P0401/+401_image/overView_34.gif
This is where it is suppoed to be connected:

The connection sizes are very different. If you notice the 4 star shaped connections on the mobo.
Commie Killer
+192|6533

aimless wrote:

DeathUnlimited wrote:

Commie Killer wrote:

The pins on the heatsink, there are 4 of them. They fit in the 4 small holes around your cpu socket.
See, thats the problem, there arent any pins, and it doesnt look like there ever were any designed on here, at least in the pictures.
Commie Killer
+192|6533
Scratch all that, found the pins. They were in another box.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard