NFS Underground 1 or 230%30% - 21
NFS Most Wanted18%18% - 13
NFS Carbon2%2% - 2
NFS ProStreet4%4% - 3
Total: 69
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6449|The Land of Scott Walker
Here’s a video with a pretty good breakdown of the history of the Need for Speed series.  Not sure why he put Motor City Online in there, but otherwise great video. 

For me, NFS 3 Hot Pursuit is the best.  Hot Pursuit: great tracks, great tracks, incar view, and be the cop mode.  High Stakes was fun with the addition of damage, but the tracks weren’t quite as good.   

Out of the last 5, Underground 1&2 and Carbon sucked big time and took the series away from what made the other six titles before it great.  Racing mostly in the city, nitrous dependent gameplay, and all at night spoiled it for me.  Customizing is fun, but the racing should be the primary focus.  Most Wanted was better, bringing back interstate highway tracks that allowed me to actually top out my cars, but still lacked in car view and the ability to play the part of the highway patrol.  No future title will ever match the greatness of Hot Pursuit or High Stakes without those 2 things imo.  Prostreet is the best for car handling and damage realism, but lacks free roam and racing on regular roads with the highway patrol chasing me. 

The perfect NFS title?  Hot Pursuit in car view and be the cop mode with Prostreet handling and damage realism.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6847|Reykjavík, Iceland.
Carbon is the best one I have played, then again, I've only played Carbon and Most wanted lol.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6542|Long Island, New York
NFS 3 Hot Pursuit was the first one I played and got me into the series.

NFSU broke the barriers of racing in games though.
bennisboy
+829|6650|Poundland
Hot pursuit 2 was legendary. Last race took over 30 mins
Then Most wanted, the pro street, then underground, then underground 2, then carbon (Which sucked balls)

Which was the first one you could customise cars? I had it on ps1, it had an autobahn track, some american ones, n like county durham n stuff, oh and one where u went along a cliff edge n saw a hot air balloon, that was good as well, that can go after underground 1.

hmm I think it was road challenge, was epic.

Also is it jus me, or was that some Of the worst driving ever?

Damn that gives me nostalgic feelings, next time I go home I playing hot pursuit 2
SamTheMan:D
Banned
+856|5978|England

Underground 1 imo
iPwnerrrr
Lets go tazy crazy!
+19|6267
MW. Its the most recent one i've played. hope to play the 2 newer ones soon..
jsnipy
+3,276|6526|...

NFS 3 Hot Pursuit ... nothing like head to head police chases with friends
Brasso
+1,549|6634

I loved Porsche Unleashed...

Carbon was pretty good I thought, considering I didn't pay for it, but that's a different story.

And HP2 was pretty good too.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
ShadowFoX
I Hate Claymores
+109|6535
I liked Porshea Unleashed, Hot Pursuit, and Underground and then the new ones i played as well it just that they didnt leave the same sort of impression doesnt mean they were bad though.
r2zoo
Knowledge is power, guard it well
+126|6600|Michigan, USA
Hot pursuit was my first NFs, and i loved it however Underground and the following titles are still my favorite.  Custimization made it more intresting, and gave you a reason to do the side races(for $$) and mixed up the gameplay.  I can't stand racing games where its just 3 laps around a track for every race, bores me to tears, especially when you do the same course 5 times.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6776|PNW

Hot Pursuit: the one I played the most. Works good on an old laptop too.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6689|United States of America
Underground 1 had awesome customization. I still want to post my cars from my PS2 onto here because some of them are pretty kickass (agree?) Most Wanted I'm replaying right now and I like how they incorporated the police chases into it, but lost a lot of customization.
_NL_Lt.EngineerFox
Big Mouth Prick
+219|6535|Golf 1.8 GTI Wolfsburg Edition
Pro Street for me.
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6443|King Of The Islands

I haven't played High Stakes, Underground 2 or Most Wanted.

Of that, HP2 was the best, But in its day NFS II SE was secks.

3Dfx Powwa! Except... It was made by EA:
Because the Voodoo Graphics and the Voodoo Rush were the only 3dfx cards available at the time of the game's release, and because Electronic Arts did not future-proof the game's installer, later 3dfx graphics card models such as the Voodoo 2 are not detected during the NFS II SE installation process
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
Fenix14
scout rush kekeke ^___^
+116|6561|Brisbane, Aus

Hot pursuit was the one that got me into need for speed, but I really liked underground 2, even though it was a bit easy.
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6529|South Florida
i had Road and Track for the 3DO!
Best gaming consol ever made.
15 more years! 15 more years!
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6685|Disaster Free Zone
Out of the ones I've played:
  • NFS 3 Hot Pursuit
  • NFS Porsche Unleashed
  • NFS Hot Pursuit 2
  • NFS Underground 1
  • NFS Underground 2
  • NFS Most Wanted
  • NFS Carbon

Porsche Unleashed 2000 is by far the best.
commandochristian
Honda - The Power of Dreams
+293|6417|Michigan, USA

Personally, just got NFS: Underground 2, and I love it! After installing it earlier today, I couldn't put it down all day, excluding dinner and using the bathroom, it's just that great!

However, though I like the customization of NFS: UG2, I really like the graphics of NFS: Pro Street and the Forza games.  Of course, that said, I own a laptop, not a 360.   Oh well, NFS: UG2 has made me fall in love with my laptop all over again
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6157|what

Best - Most Wanted
Worst - Carbon
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6523|Adelaide, South Australia

I've only played UG1, MW and R&T SE. The most fun of them is most definitely MW

'spose I should fire R&T again up again sometime:

https://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j34/Nachtefuchs/Misc/Nfspic.jpg
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6160|Vancouver | Canada
Hot Pursuit
Most Wanted
UG2
Jestar
Shifty's Home Number: 02 9662 8432
+373|6745

SamTheMan:D wrote:

Underground 1 imo
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6627|Little Bentcock
MY fondest memories are with Hot Pursuit.

Last edited by Adams_BJ (2008-07-23 02:19:13)

kylef
Gone
+1,352|6497|N. Ireland
Only played Underground 2, Most Wanted and the first 2 levels of Carbon (before I fittingly un-installed it). Out of those, Underground 2 was the best.
kptk92
u
+972|6412|tc_london
Underground 2.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard