Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6685
About every 20 minutes my system either reboots or windows will stop but the computer will still be running. What could be causing this problem? I have a feeling it is the hard drive. If it is, is there a way to temporarily stop the problem until I buy a new HDD?

Update: After trying to hard reboot my computer many times in a row there was a blue spark and now it wont start at all. Although the PSU still works.

Last edited by Superior Mind (2008-01-12 19:31:43)

Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6836|Reykjavík, Iceland.
Isn't that a classic virus syndrome?
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6752|San Antonio, Texas
Have you done a virus scan? If so, try running windows in safe mode and see if it has the same results.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6685
I did a virus scan and all I had was some adware which I deleted. Although I just downloaded AVG Anti-Spyware and since the installation and running of it the computer hasn't rebooted and it has been about an hour.
ThaReaper
Banned
+410|6632
Avast is your answer.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6685
I'll try Avast. Also, can anyone explain this: http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=88936

Fuck. After trying to hard reboot my computer many times in a row there was a blue spark and now it wont start at all. Although the PSU still works.

Last edited by Superior Mind (2008-01-12 19:32:07)

{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.

Superior Mind wrote:

Fuck. After trying to hard reboot my computer many times in a row there was a blue spark and now it wont start at all. Although the PSU still works.
Uh-oh, you might just have fried something.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6685

{M5}Sniper3 wrote:

Superior Mind wrote:

Yeah it seems like that. What part is directly related to the start button?

Last edited by Superior Mind (2008-01-12 19:39:28)

DrunkenPirate
Rum Baron
+44|6686|Norfolk, England

Viruses do not cause blue sparks...

Your have probably blown the PSU or at least a capacitor on it.
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.

Superior Mind wrote:

{M5}Sniper3 wrote:

Superior Mind wrote:

Yeah it seems like that. What part is directly related to the start button?
Your motherboard. Unplug the computer and let it sit for a minute then plug it back in and see if it boots, sometimes that works.

Last edited by {M5}Sniper3 (2008-01-12 19:43:29)

Mitch
16 more years
+877|6518|South Florida

Superior Mind wrote:

Woahhhhhhhhhh
your in deep shit

Last edited by Mitch (2008-01-12 19:42:53)

15 more years! 15 more years!
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6685

Mitch wrote:

Superior Mind wrote:

Woahhhhhhhhhh
your in deep shit
No shit... Well at least my computer was old and in need of replacing...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard