Leatherface-TCM
The Saw is Family
+0|6812
Leatherface (played by Gunner Hansen) is the chainsaw wielding, hammer bashing, cannibal in the original 1974 Texas Chainsaw Massacre (TCM).
Have used this nic since Doom and created a full skin for Quake II of good ol' Leatherface.
HolyKitsune
Recharging! Clear!
+6|6826|CA
Hmm, Everyone knows me as Fox.  Meh, it may seem kinda...hostile and wrong, but I have strong support for the former Militaristic ways of WWII Japan.  I have an group called the Axis Organization which is a movement to reinstall a Japanese Military in hopes of helping shutdown hostile tensions in the Middle East. Anyway, as the group's leader, I am known as Kitsune(Fox), my general SN for anything is Blitzkitsune ( Lightning Fox )*always the sniper account*...however.. lol, since I have sought a more peaceful, more docile way of fighting, I have chosen to be a medic. --Thus earning me the title Holykitsune. I purge the unclean, save lives, and cure what ails you, while shooting a few l85 rounds through someones head.

Furthermore, ehe, I don't wanna preach my beliefs but... who does think they should reinstall the japanese military? A small division of super soldiers, modern japanese zeros, the proud navy they once had. It can all be reinstated...or can it? Since Japan has such a great economy, shouldn't it have a great military as well? They should be able to protect themselves with honour, instead of letting the US control their society...let alone protect them. I would wanna be the squad leader of super soldiers armored up to the max, katana in hand, rushing the enemy dead on. Meh, lol Okay I'm done being in my fantasy world .
Home
Section.80
+447|6839|Seattle, Washington, USA

Got mine from one of my favorite net cartoons - Homestar Runner. I dropped the last part (Runner) and changed star to schtar because I am of German heritage and my last name is spelled with a sch instead of a sh. Pretty exciting. w00t.

Last edited by Homeschtar (2005-08-29 18:26:41)

zeppelin
BenCunningham <3
+1|6834|Seattle, WA
i forgot what the name of the band is... but it had the word zeppelin in it
ColGraak
+0|6806|Arizona
Well, I've got a somewhat long story. My name original started as R'Graak (pronounced R Grack). I created this name, oh back in '96 or so has a log in to the startrek.com website. I was trying to come up with a Klingon sounding name (geek I know) but wanted to also incorporate my own name in to it. My first name is Robert and my last name starts with GRA. Adding the AK at the ended made it sound Klingon, at least to me. So there came R'Graak.

I started to use that game when playing Counter Strike with friend and I went to serveral LAN parties. There everyone started calling me Graak. I guess because it was easier to say. So after getting tired of have people try to say R'Graak I changed it to just Graak. I've used that name now for all the games I play. Sometimes I had in things in front of it like I did with BF1942 and BF2, I hadded ColGraak (ofcours Col stands for Colonel).

Now Graak is not just my callsign in games it is also a nickname with my friends. I've even been introduced to new people by my friends as Graak.

Some other things that I found out about the name (after I came up with it) was that it has references elsewhere.
Here are some examples of what I mean:
1. There is an Ewok name Graak in Star Wars
2. There is a Troll in a book called Graak
3. Graak is a type of Whooping Crane
4. There is someone else out there with the same nickname (do a Google search for Graak)

Well that's about it.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6832|Cologne, Germany

HolyKitsune wrote:

Hmm, Everyone knows me as Fox.  Meh, it may seem kinda...hostile and wrong, but I have strong support for the former Militaristic ways of WWII Japan.  I have an group called the Axis Organization which is a movement to reinstall a Japanese Military in hopes of helping shutdown hostile tensions in the Middle East. Anyway, as the group's leader, I am known as Kitsune(Fox), my general SN for anything is Blitzkitsune ( Lightning Fox )*always the sniper account*...however.. lol, since I have sought a more peaceful, more docile way of fighting, I have chosen to be a medic. --Thus earning me the title Holykitsune. I purge the unclean, save lives, and cure what ails you, while shooting a few l85 rounds through someones head.

Furthermore, ehe, I don't wanna preach my beliefs but... who does think they should reinstall the japanese military? A small division of super soldiers, modern japanese zeros, the proud navy they once had. It can all be reinstated...or can it? Since Japan has such a great economy, shouldn't it have a great military as well? They should be able to protect themselves with honour, instead of letting the US control their society...let alone protect them. I would wanna be the squad leader of super soldiers armored up to the max, katana in hand, rushing the enemy dead on. Meh, lol Okay I'm done being in my fantasy world .
strange. I believed Japan has an army.  didn't they even participate in iraq ?
Or are you just not satisfied with their role or their performance ?
mikeshw
Radioactive Glo
+130|6829|A Small Isle in the Tropics

zeppelin wrote:

you got to be joking.. you cannot remember? Its Led Zeppelin
mr_bad_idea
Dead Man Walkin
+1|6817|Albuquerque, NM

B.Schuss wrote:

HolyKitsune wrote:

Nah, Japan was demilitarized after WWII ended. 
B.Schuss

mr_bad_idea wrote:

B.Schuss wrote:

HolyKitsune wrote:

and still is ? come on, that was 60 years ago. germany was demilitarized also, but only for about 9 years after the war had ended. are you saying that Japan - a sovereign nation for many decades now  - has no armed forces ?
Burning_Monkey
Moving Target
+108|6829

B.Schuss wrote:

mr_bad_idea wrote:

B.Schuss wrote:

and still is ? come on, that was 60 years ago. germany was demilitarized also, but only for about 9 years after the war had ended. are you saying that Japan - a sovereign nation for many decades now  - has no armed forces ?
Yep.  Japan really has no military forces.  It is all supplied by the US and it's bases.
B.Schuss

Burning_Monkey wrote:

B.Schuss wrote:

mr_bad_idea wrote:

Yep.  Japan really has no military forces.  It is all supplied by the US and it's bases.
I'm speechless. will check with some other source of information.

EDIT:

I'm sorry, monkey, but according to http://www.globaldefence.net/, japan has a professional army of about 240.000 soldiers. And I don't believe they are under US command...

Last edited by B.Schuss (2005-08-31 10:06:57)

Burning_Monkey
Moving Target
+108|6829

B.Schuss wrote:

Burning_Monkey wrote:

B.Schuss wrote:

I'm speechless. will check with some other source of information.
Ever since VJ day Japan has had no military forces.  Why would they need them?  All they would have to do now is deny the US forces Ipods or something and we would invade Jupiter if we had to just to be able to listen to stolen MP3's.
B.Schuss

monkey, japan is an indepedent nation since 1956 and has its own military forces.

if you can't believe me, check this link.

http://www.defenselink.mil/news/Mar2004 … 03166.html
Burning_Monkey
Moving Target
+108|6829

B.Schuss wrote:

monkey, japan is an indepedent nation since 1956 and has its own military forces.

I stand some what corrected.

I say some what since those force are all national guard and primarily ment for invasion defense and national disaster relief.  But I am man enough to admit that I was wrong.
B.Schuss

Burning_Monkey wrote:

B.Schuss wrote:

I say some what since those force are all national guard and primarily ment for invasion defense and national disaster relief.  But I am man enough to admit that I was wrong.
yeah, japan's constitution states that all their armed forces are for self defense only. Much like ours, you will probably guess why...

on the other hand, some nations tend to define self-defense a little loosely these days. But that is clearly off-topic, sorry 'bout that...
Burning_Monkey
Moving Target
+108|6829

B.Schuss wrote:

Burning_Monkey wrote:

B.Schuss wrote:

yeah, japan's constitution states that all their armed forces are for self defense only. Much like ours, you will probably guess why...

on the other hand, some nations tend to define self-defense a little loosely these days. But that is clearly off-topic, sorry 'bout that...
I got my name from a tattoo on my back.

There now we are back on the topic at hand.
B.Schuss

a tattoo ? nice one. I was thinking about getting one too.
Burning_Monkey
Moving Target
+108|6829

B.Schuss wrote:

a tattoo ? nice one. I was thinking about getting one too.
Yes.  3/4's of my torso is one tattoo.  And a burning monkey is part of it.
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6839|-
What's all this talk about Japan and military, get back on topic you slackers.
sinir
damned
+2|6810|Boston
My cats name is Mittens....

j/k

I love tatoos.  Got my first at 21 and another about 2 years ago, both Haida designs from the pacific northwest.

Yes back to topic, I always go by sinir or sinnir cause I was raised Catholic (never went to a public school until I was a graduate student), and if I believe everything that I've been taught growing up, I'm definitely goin to hell.

Last edited by sinir (2005-08-31 14:45:04)

Burning_Monkey
Moving Target
+108|6829

sinir wrote:

My cats name is Mittens....

j/k

I love tatoos.  Got my first at 21 and another about 2 years ago, both Haida designs from the pacific northwest.

Yes back to topic, I always go by sinir or sinnir cause I was raised Catholic (never went to a public school until I was a graduate student), and if I believe everything that I've been taught growing up, I'm definitely goin to hell.
I really want polynesian style sleeves.  I have pretty much completely turned my back on being respectable.
zeppelin
BenCunningham <3
+1|6834|Seattle, WA

mikeshw wrote:

zeppelin wrote:

oh yea. Now i remember!!! i can finally listen to this band again since i now know the name of it
Burning_Monkey
Moving Target
+108|6829

zeppelin wrote:

mikeshw wrote:

zeppelin wrote:

oh yea. Now i remember!!! i can finally listen to this band again since i now know the name of it
I actually got to see them in concert, it was awesome.
sinir
damned
+2|6810|Boston

Burning_Monkey wrote:

zeppelin wrote:

mikeshw wrote:

I'm so friggin jealous...
Burning_Monkey
Moving Target
+108|6829

sinir wrote:

Burning_Monkey wrote:

zeppelin wrote:

I'm so friggin jealous...
Some times age has it's advantages.  That and a hippie mom doesn't hurt matters any.

Last tour they did Led Zepplin came through Iowa and I got to see it.

Dazed and Confused was 45 minutes long....  And there was no opening act, just 3+ hours of pure Zepplin.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard