4 stars12%12% - 17
5 stars19%19% - 27
Who?31%31% - 44
Don't play on their servers.15%15% - 22
Total: 141
MrAnderson
Ghost Town T90/Apache Whore
+99|6016|Aberdeen, Scotland
Teams are randomized each round on EF and SF servers...so you may not be 'switched' yourself...dunno about their other servers.
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6147|North Tonawanda, NY
I used to like their servers.  But then I got pissed when kicked for "car-tillary" whatever the hell that is.  Gee, some guy needs a vehicle, and you get kicked.  woopee.
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6165|San Antonio, Texas
Car-tillary is using a vehicle drop to kill an enemy unit, like a commander or sniper. I guess someone didn't see it right.
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6147|North Tonawanda, NY

Cyrax-Sektor wrote:

Car-tillary is using a vehicle drop to kill an enemy unit, like a commander or sniper. I guess someone didn't see it right.
At least they are mostly fair.  I have played =SF= Highway Tampa a few times lately, and they generally enforce the rules equitably.
Mr_biggieballs
+4|6125|NH,USA
Cartillary is cool. I don't know whats so wrong about it. It takes skill to kill somebody with it. They have to be completely still in order for it to kill somebody.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6485

Mr_biggieballs wrote:

Cartillary is cool. I don't know whats so wrong about it. It takes skill to kill somebody with it. They have to be completely still in order for it to kill somebody.
If they ae completely still you CAN'T kill anyone with car-drop as it will move to whichever side if it is placed directly over some one.
Cyrax-Sektor

SenorToenails wrote:

Cyrax-Sektor wrote:

At least they are mostly fair.  I have played =SF= Highway Tampa a few times lately, and they generally enforce the rules equitably.
Yeah, they take care of those baserapers. The madness begins when the admins leave. :s

But there is still madness when admins are on. You probably suffered from a fatigued admin. Sorry.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6485

SenorToenails wrote:

Cyrax-Sektor wrote:

Unfortunately for me they do enforce the "no base-rape" which sucks because ill-defended uncaps are so inviting when your in the A10 or MD530.
Cyrax-Sektor
UPDATE:

Chicago servers:
IP: 208.100.60.73    Warlord I/O 24/7 FF OFF (32 slots). Kark 24/7 IO FF OFF wasn't a success.

Message from Wes-Dog, founder of clan =SF=:

"Cyrax I read your forums and saw the comments, both pro and con, about our line-up and London servers.  We are looking at tweaking and adjusting the servers to try to make them the best fit for our clan and the community.  Our UK members will help decide the direction we go in with our London servers then we will tweak the US servers a bit as well.  I will continue to post server line-up changes as we do the tweaks.  You can let your friends on your forums know we are watching and responding when we can."

Last edited by Cyrax-Sektor (2008-01-15 12:00:26)

Spidery_Yoda
+399|6286
I voted 5 stars.

Played their AF+EF servers quite a bit, and never had any problems, aside from high ping on the AF one, but that's because of where i live. Nothing negative i can think of.
MrAnderson

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

If they ae completely still you CAN'T kill anyone with car-drop as it will move to whichever side if it is placed directly over some one.
Not true, I did it last night

The guy got disconnected right after it happened too, and I was watching, he didn't move, he was prone.

Also, why did they take out Great Wall from the Euro server? Fun map
Exponent87
+4|5964
Thank you guys for your input. Here are some updates from Sovereign-Forces
-We turned Random teams off, it is now set to switch teams. (thank you PJ)
-We are looking into putting another EF server back into the US. (Give us your thoughts)
-We are considering putting an AF server in either London or Amsterdam. (Which location will be better for you guys?)
-Great Wall has been re-added to the EF server (thank you Mr. Anderson)
-EnemyOfAllkind- You will not be banned, we spoke with the admin and everything is fine on our end.

We are looking forward to more responses and suggestions. We take consideration to all input from the community. We strive to please the majority even though we can't please everybody. Feel free to contact me personally if needed, my x-fire is Exponent2.

Thank you,

Senior Officer
=SF= Exponent²

Last edited by Exponent87 (2008-01-16 03:31:43)

dirtracer74
+10|6307
I always had fun in the EU server, but my ping was good so it had to be in the US. Then one day it was gone. A great EU server that was always populated when I was playing. Get a new EU server in the US, and I will be back.
Schrimpkutter
+0|6303

FlemishHCmaniac wrote:

Four stars, if there was a London based AF server it would be five. I had the old EF/AF servers in my favorites but with the coming of the new EF I can finally play Euro Forces with a very good ping with a lot of people. It would be cool if I could do that in AF as well.
Unfortunately, AF servers are mainly American.
I fully agree that. An Europe-based AF server would be nice. Or maybe make your UK-EF server an EF&AF-Server.

Exponent87 wrote:

Thank you guys for your input. Here are some updates from Sovereign-Forces
-We turned Random teams off, it is now set to switch teams. (thank you PJ)
-We are looking into putting another EF server back into the US. (Give us your thoughts)
-We are considering putting an AF server in either London or Amsterdam. (Which location will be better for you guys?)
-Great Wall has been re-added to the EF server (thank you Mr. Anderson)
1. Good one
3. Usually I get good Ping on all Servers in Europe, so I dont think that matters for EU-players.

Last edited by Schrimpkutter (2008-01-16 00:02:33)

MrAnderson
N1 Exponent, thanks for listening
Sup3r_Dr4gon
Boat sig is not there anymore
+214|6343|Australia

Exponent87 wrote:

Yes. Please do.
Cyrax-Sektor
I'd really enjoy a US-based EF server.
FlemishHCmaniac
+147|6429|Belgium

Exponent87 wrote:

Do want! Seriously, that would be freaking awesome Amsterdam might be a better choice because it has a more central position in Europe whereas a London based one might give Eastern Europeans a high ping.

Plus if it would be in Amsterdam I could get a single digit ping
Simon
basically
+838|6674|UK
Nice guys, thanks for these servers I'll be on them tonight
Ec0li
Vagina face
+167|6016|London ㋛

I gave it 4 stars. had a few good rounds last night on it, EF rotation based in London....perfect AF would be cool too, although i was just on and these [UTAC] guys came on, completely obnoxious and rude, moaned at everyone cos they couldn't fly with their friends and generally just hijacked the server.
3lmo
Don't Hassel the Hoff
+345|6319|The | Netherlands

Ec0li wrote:

I gave it 4 stars. had a few good rounds last night on it, EF rotation based in London....perfect AF would be cool too, although i was just on and these [UTAC] guys came on, completely obnoxious and rude, moaned at everyone cos they couldn't fly with their friends and generally just hijacked the server.
True! I had the same yesterday, besides that, great server. I also obey the rules which is quite rare for me
Slarty
+37|5981|Ingerland
Just played for about an hour on the =SF= AF server.

Had a really good blast/laugh with everyone. 4 stars from me as being a US based server my ping was crap to say the least!!
Ec0li
Vagina face
+167|6016|London ㋛

Also, just another little gripe i got, lots of teamstacking went on tonight, i don't know if it was deliberate or what, but strangely it wasn't on the EU side, I played 4 rounds, 2 of smoke screen and 2 of tarraba and i stayed on MEC all 4 rounds. I prefer to have EU, MEC, EU, MEC etc etc.
MrAnderson
Teams are randomised so you often end up on same side over and over which can be bugging...

A hell of a lot of people switch to EU though.

Edit...didn't he say they were removing the randomizing feature?
Exponent87
+4|5964
Yeah, the randomization feature should be off.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard