Great Wall 24/7 I/O22%22% - 16
Ghost Town 24/711%11% - 8
Iron Gator 24/711%11% - 8
Sharqi 24/731%31% - 22
Operation Smoke Screen/ Great Wall rotation22%22% - 16
Total: 70
commado_evans
+5|6177
Well a few people and I are discussing a possible new clan. We are probably going to go 32 man server because of funding but hope to expand.
We would like your opinion on what map we should go with.
Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
+853|6649|Montreal, Qc, Canada
Warlord/Ghost Town 24/7
GuliblGuy
Zulu son, what!?!
+79|6796|Anaheim, CA

Iron Gator for the win!!

Go with myinternetservices.com, currently the cheapest bf2 servers at $.95 a slot.

And sign up at www.punksbusted.com, to protect your server from hackers, and catch hackers yourself!
commado_evans
+5|6177

GuliblGuy wrote:

Iron Gator for the win!!

Go with myinternetservices.com, currently the cheapest bf2 servers at $.95 a slot.

And sign up at www.punksbusted.com, to protect your server from hackers, and catch hackers yourself!
I remember seeing that, but I found a site that comes with a website (which we need) with the purchase of the server.
GuliblGuy
Zulu son, what!?!
+79|6796|Anaheim, CA

Oh in that case, you could try gameservers, we have some servers, and our website through them, pretty good.

http://www.gameservers.com/?ref=1602097
commado_evans
+5|6177

GuliblGuy wrote:

Oh in that case, you could try gameservers, we have some servers, and our website through them, pretty good.

Thats where I was thinking. 1.50 a slot + a website and all the things you need like bf2cc, etc. Does MyInternetservices come with anything along with the server?
clogar
damn ain't it great to be a laxer
+32|5966|Minnesota
i used to play in the hbd wake server
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6479
Great-Wall IO: Geat-Wall is an underplayedmap but there is a high demand for it, but IO sucks and I hate it.

Ghost Town: G-Town is an overplayed map. Pretty much half of the SF servers onl run it, so yours will be exactly the same as other servers and so no one will should up. Plus 24/7 servers suck cock.

Iron Gator: Gator is a good map but it is played often enough and 24/7 servers still suck

Sharqi: Good map but its still a little over-played.

Operation Smoke Screen/ Great Wall: Two maps that have a higher demand then supply, they are good from what I hear and your server will be quite different then all the other karkand/ghost-town only fags.

So yeah the last one.
commado_evans
+5|6177

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

Great-Wall IO: Geat-Wall is an underplayedmap but there is a high demand for it, but IO sucks and I hate it.

Ghost Town: G-Town is an overplayed map. Pretty much half of the SF servers onl run it, so yours will be exactly the same as other servers and so no one will should up. Plus 24/7 servers suck cock.

Iron Gator: Gator is a good map but it is played often enough and 24/7 servers still suck

Sharqi: Good map but its still a little over-played.

Operation Smoke Screen/ Great Wall: Two maps that have a higher demand then supply, they are good from what I hear and your server will be quite different then all the other karkand/ghost-town only fags.

So yeah the last one.
I love Smoke Screen. Its unfortunate I could hardly ever play it. If lucky I would catch a round of the =SF= server but then it would go to Tarabra Quarry! ewwww!
GuliblGuy
Zulu son, what!?!
+79|6796|Anaheim, CA

commado_evans wrote:

GuliblGuy wrote:

Thats where I was thinking. 1.50 a slot + a website and all the things you need like bf2cc, etc. Does MyInternetservices come with anything along with the server?
No, the only reason we went to myinternet was because of the damn cheap bf2 servers.  Our website, ventrilo, & cod4 servers are still with gameservers.  You get half off a voice server like ventrilo or teamspeak if you have a server with gameservers.  Even more off if you pay for 3 months at a time.
commado_evans
+5|6177

GuliblGuy wrote:

commado_evans wrote:

GuliblGuy wrote:

No, the only reason we went to myinternet was because of the damn cheap bf2 servers.  Our website, ventrilo, & cod4 servers are still with gameservers.  You get half off a voice server like ventrilo or teamspeak if you have a server with gameservers.  Even more off if you pay for 3 months at a time.
Ya we have a vent so we're good with that. Really only need a website. Which what be your opinion? Get the cheap slots or get the more expensive slots + the website?
GuliblGuy
Zulu son, what!?!
+79|6796|Anaheim, CA

I would say get the server that's a bit more expensive, and get the website.  Gameservers is way better than myis as far as customer service and such.  And the website is pretty easy to use.  Like if you want your site to be phpnuke or e107 based or whatever, you just install it and it sets it all up for you, pretty slick.

If you need any help with anything let me know!
commado_evans
+5|6177

GuliblGuy wrote:

I would say get the server that's a bit more expensive, and get the website.  Gameservers is way better than myis as far as customer service and such.  And the website is pretty easy to use.  Like if you want your site to be phpnuke or e107 based or whatever, you just install it and it sets it all up for you, pretty slick.

If you need any help with anything let me know!
+1 for you. Thanks a lot!
TSI
Cholera in the time of love
+247|5991|Toronto
Great Wall, Smoke Screen and Taraba Quarry. The three best maps in BF2. Shoot for those, and you'll win.
Btw, I've only seen one server running those 3 exclusively...and they're in high demand. So start your engine, and you'll get players in no time.
Good luck!
I like pie.
Mr_biggieballs
+4|6119|NH,USA
I'm going to be in this clan if it happens!

Yes, please let us know which map you would like to see. I like the Smoke Screen/ Great Wall one myself, but am a little hesitant if we go 32 and have Smoke Screen. I dont know how fun it would be with the Jets and stuff if there aren't that many people in there.  Its a big map for 32 max.
Darkhelmet
cereal killer
+233|6761|the middle of nowhere
Sharqi/Iron Gator/Great Wall.

Last edited by Darkhelmet (2008-01-09 18:02:32)

Mr_biggieballs
+4|6119|NH,USA

TSI wrote:

Great Wall, Smoke Screen and Taraba Quarry. The three best maps in BF2. Shoot for those, and you'll win.
Btw, I've only seen one server running those 3 exclusively...and they're in high demand. So start your engine, and you'll get players in no time.
Good luck!
We think alike 8-D
Mr_biggieballs
+4|6119|NH,USA
bump
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6457|Chicago, IL
you know, it is possible to have something other than "highpointsmap 24/7" on a server rotation
Mr_biggieballs
+4|6119|NH,USA

S.Lythberg wrote:

you know, it is possible to have something other than "highpointsmap 24/7" on a server rotation
Mr_biggieballs
+4|6119|NH,USA

d4rkph03n1x wrote:

If you're trying to attract the average public player, then any expansion map will not work. Far less people play the Xpacks rather than the normal game. I'd say a rotation of some good infantry maps or air maps. 2 - 3 rounds per map.
I know what your saying, but there are a lot of populated bf2 servers. Not as many populated expansion servers, so would seem like an easier task bringing it the expansion pack players. I'm still hoping for some more votes
Skorpy-chan
+127|6356|Twyford, UK
I say a vanilla rotation, excluding dalian plant, jalalabad, Karkand, daging oilfields, and gulf of oman. Balanced, non-raping maps.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6456|The Land of Scott Walker
Smoke Screen/Great Wall
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6334|New Haven, CT
Daqing isn't an unbalanced map. In fact, you might want it.
FlemishHCmaniac
+147|6423|Belgium

Andoura wrote:

Warlord/Ghost Town 24/7
Honestly, STFU, people like you are the reason Special Forces is dying a slow death. There are plenty of Warlord/GT servers around, we do NOT need another one.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard