deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|6493|Connecticut
This is not meant to take from USMarines WW3 thread, but I would like to introduce a different angle. First read this article and watch the video. Now, Iran is saying that the video was fabricated and the U.S. is trying to escalate a militant altercation. Do you really think that is the case? Watch the video and you can see them for yourself. And what kind of message was that they were transmitting? Pretty irreesponsible if you ask me. I think we are going to have to stomp their ass in the near future if they keep this up but my question to all of you is this: Do you really think this was fabricated?
Malloy must go
aLeX
.?
+160|6331|:D

Stream it, I'm from the internet. Fuck clicking links.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6632|949

I don't know.  There is precedence with regards to the United States government fabricating an attack on a ship outside a country that it (the U.S. gov't) had used war rhetoric on - Gulf of Tonkin incident in 1964.

What is obvious is that the Bush Administration is trying to put an incredible amount of pressure on Iran for some reason.  Why is there so much pressure on Iran is what I want to know?  We are in their region, they have a right to be interested in the goings on off their coast and across their borders.  Surely the Iranian government knows full well the consequences of any military or violent action against U.S. property or allies, so I do question whether or not the incident was reported the way it really happened.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6290|Éire
I'm sure a lot of Americans back in the States are fuming right now about those 'damn, cheeky Iranians' and their aggressive shenanigans but errr ...what the fuck do you expect when you're pissing in their pond? Here's a picture of the strait of hormuz...

https://www.willisms.com/archives/straitofhormuz.jpg

...I'm sure the US Navy would have been completely calm and level-headed if it were Iranian military ships this far off the coast of Florida!

Last edited by Braddock (2008-01-09 15:33:17)

DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6685|United States of America

Braddock wrote:

I'm sure a lot of Americans back in the States are fuming right now about those 'damn, cheeky Iranians' and their aggressive shenanigans but errr ...what the fuck do you expect when you're pissing in their pond? Here's a picture of the strait of hormuz...
No...

The idiots who would think that don't know about news.
RECONDO67
+60|6636|miami FL
In Nutical Miles How Many Are There In Between?
PureFodder
+225|6285

RECONDO67 wrote:

In Nutical Miles How Many Are There In Between?
The narrowest bit is 21 miles apparently. Plus their concern about US vessels being there is justified.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran_Air_Flight_655

Last edited by PureFodder (2008-01-09 16:51:25)

LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
+343|6709|Charlie One Alpha
False Flag Operation?

The U.S. has tried to sink one of their own ships before in order to engage in a war.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
siciliano732
+202|6649|New York
wasnt it international waters? thought so.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6555

LaidBackNinja wrote:

False Flag Operation?

The U.S. has tried to sink one of their own ships before in order to engage in a war.
That's how they scuppered Cuba's independence in 1898 too.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

aLeX wrote:

Stream it, I'm from the internet. Fuck clicking links.
http://clipsyndicate.com/publish/video/ … s_u_s_navy

Yesterday they said it was normal activity.

siciliano732 wrote:

wasnt it international waters? thought so.
Irrelevant. GWB has created an atmosphere that allows any and all tension to be blamed on the USA. For some reason showing restraint has now become evidence that we want to go to war at all cost.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
GR34
+215|6545|ALBERTA> CANADA
whats that I smell...Oh shit Its WW3 time to join the Canadian forces.....LOL
adam1503
+85|6388|Manchester, UK
It wouldnt be the first time the US Govt. had fabricated evidence.  There are no clear markings on the boats in the video to prove they are Iranian... so no proof the video is real.  Dont believe something just because your Government tells you to.
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6519|Πάϊ

adam1503 wrote:

Dont believe something just because your Government tells you to.
...but... but... the alternative would be a... oh noes! A conspiracy!
ƒ³
NantanCochise
+55|5978|Portugal/United States
Yep, Iran provokes US ships in International waters and half of you wankers start trying to justify the actions of an Islamofacist Dictatorship over your own anti-American mis-conceptions. Why are so many westerners willing to side with dictatorships over free western societies. Yes I know that none of us are perfect but by the quick and negative, conspiracy laden remarks it makes me wonder what you people are thinking! ...and yes I know some of you are going to get all defensive and say, I know Iran is screwed up, but America does this and that and is involved in this conspiracy and that action... bla bla bla. Think about the extent that Iran goes to in its support of terrorism and its manipulation of the media. No wonder they try things like this (not to mention the kidnapping of those Royal Marines) because they know that us westerners are stupid, none of us are united! Dont be so quick to jump on the conspiracy band wagon. Dont think for a second that Iran doesnt know what it is doing and knows that it is inevitable that western media and its people will spin this in their favor.

Last edited by NantanCochise (2008-01-09 19:47:40)

David.P
Banned
+649|6274

NantanCochise wrote:

Yep, Iran provokes US ships in International waters and half of you wankers start trying to justify the actions of an Islamofacist Dictatorship over your own anti-American mis-conceptions. Why are so many westerners willing to side with dictatorships over free western societies.
It's called bending over to the enemy that you hope will one day invade your land and you hope that you will get better treatment.

I like to call it white guilt.(because most of the people who do this are white upper middle class)

Oh and you know whats funny? People who escaped these nations say they hate the government but love the country, And they love the country they live in now because it's more permissive then their previous home.

Last edited by David.P (2008-01-09 19:56:27)

CommieChipmunk
+488|6570|Portland, OR, USA

LaidBackNinja wrote:

False Flag Operation?

Or the Gulf of Tonkin incident that started Vietnam...
adam1503
+85|6388|Manchester, UK

NantanCochise wrote:

Yep, Iran provokes US ships in International waters and half of you wankers start trying to justify the actions of an Islamofacist Dictatorship over your own anti-American mis-conceptions. Why are so many westerners willing to side with dictatorships over free western societies. Yes I know that none of us are perfect but by the quick and negative, conspiracy laden remarks it makes me wonder what you people are thinking! ...and yes I know some of you are going to get all defensive and say, I know Iran is screwed up, but America does this and that and is involved in this conspiracy and that action... bla bla bla. Think about the extent that Iran goes to in its support of terrorism and its manipulation of the media. No wonder they try things like this (not to mention the kidnapping of those Royal Marines) because they know that us westerners are stupid, none of us are united! Dont be so quick to jump on the conspiracy band wagon. Dont think for a second that Iran doesnt know what it is doing and knows that it is inevitable that western media and its people will spin this in their favor.
I knew someone would accuse me of siding with Iran, but Im not.  And im not siding with the US either.  Im reserving judgement for now, not because I believe in conspirace or stuff like that, but because Im less inclined to believe all US intelligence that comes my way.  Id rather form my own opinions about what i saw, and what I saw was a few blue speedboats apparently harassing a few military vessels.  It is clear to me, however, that Iran is poking the West and clearly wants a response of some kind that will give it the upper hand.  Ahmedinejad
(sp) is losing support in his own country, so maybe he needs something to show to Iran to suggest the US is hostile towards them.  And I have to say, it seems like he just may get what he wants. 

Can you blame Iran for feeling threatened, though?  We currently occupy land West and East of them, Iraq and Afghanistan.  They probably feel like Germany did in the early 20th Century; afraid of a war on two fronts.  So they are trying to protect themselves from a perceived threat by provoking us and making us look bad in the eyes of the international community.

Last edited by adam1503 (2008-01-09 19:58:33)

NantanCochise

CommieChipmunk wrote:

LaidBackNinja wrote:

False Flag Operation?

Or the Gulf of Tonkin incident that started Vietnam...
You know why Iran did this, because they knew that people like you would spin this in their favour. They are already winning the "hearts and minds" of westerners even though they are a Islamic dictatorship and are not accountable for any action they may take.
NantanCochise

adam1503 wrote:

NantanCochise wrote:

I knew someone would accuse me of siding with Iran, but Im not.  And im not siding with the US either.  Im reserving judgement for now, not because I believe in conspirace or stuff like that, but because Im less inclined to believe all US intelligence that comes my way.  Id rather form my own opinions about what i saw, and what I saw was a few blue speedboats apparently harassing a few military vessels.  It is clear to me, however, that Iran is poking the West and clearly wants a response of some kind that will give it the upper hand.

Ahmedinejad
(sp) is losing support in his own country, so maybe he needs something to show to Iran to suggest the US is hostile towards them.  And I have to say, it seems like he just may get what he wants.  - Very true

Can you blame Iran for feeling threatened, though?  We currently occupy land West and East of them, Iraq and Afghanistan.  They probably feel like Germany did in the early 20th Century; afraid of a war on two fronts.  So they are trying to protect themselves from a perceived threat by provoking us and making us look bad in the eyes of the international community.
I suppose I predicted your remark to a certain extent but actually yes, they should feel threatened. We all know what their intentions are. We know what type of regime runs the country and they have been threatning Bharain, Qatar, Oman and the UAE for decades. Iraq is another story but it is a fact that they invaded several Emirate Islands in the 80's and 90's and harass UAE and Omani commercial shipping on a weekly basis. But besides that I understand where you are coming from and have similar feelings.

Last edited by NantanCochise (2008-01-09 20:11:26)

tthf
Member 5307
+210|6757|06-01
does the US defence industry really need to boost their profits again?
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6328

Those little speed boats is the Iranian patrol? lololol

All kidding aside, I am anti-war especially when it involves religion. This whole Middle East conflict the United States has gotten itself in for years is a totally FUBAR, and no further hostilities should be carried out against Arab Nations in my opinion.
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
adam1503
+85|6388|Manchester, UK
The US is living up to the Iranian portrayal of them as an invasive aggressor who would love to wipe them off the map.

Last edited by adam1503 (2008-01-09 20:37:01)

Spazz
+7|6566

LaidBackNinja wrote:

False Flag Operation?

when was this?
jason85
Banned
+58|5997|Mesa, AZ

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

I don't know.  There is precedence with regards to the United States government fabricating an attack on a ship outside a country that it (the U.S. gov't) had used war rhetoric on - Gulf of Tonkin incident in 1964.

What is obvious is that the Bush Administration is trying to put an incredible amount of pressure on Iran for some reason.  Why is there so much pressure on Iran is what I want to know?  We are in their region, they have a right to be interested in the goings on off their coast and across their borders.  Surely the Iranian government knows full well the consequences of any military or violent action against U.S. property or allies, so I do question whether or not the incident was reported the way it really happened.
Where have you been for the past year or so? The reason the US is putting so much pressure on them is because of Iran's nuclear programs. Iran says it wants to use it for peaceful reasons, such as for power plants, while the US thinks they want to have weapons grade material. Another reason is that the US thinks that Iran is helping insurgents in Iraq.

I think Iran needs to calm itself down and not go threatening US ships, because I'm sure the memory of the USS Cole is still fresh in the minds of some people currently serving in the military. Iran had no reason to think we were going to attack them or whatever they were thinking. If we were only, what 21 miles, as someone said on this thread, from their coast, we would have declared it as US soil or something, because they'd be fucked if we were 300 miles out.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard