menzo
̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏&#
+616|6446|Amsterdam‫
today is saw the Z8 first time I saw 1 live
https://www.1-18scalecars.com/BMW/BMW_Z8_front_quarter2.jpg
but I've never seen an M8

Last edited by menzo2003 (2008-01-09 14:20:17)

https://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee37/menzo2003/fredbf2.png
maef
+67|6683|Tulln, Austria

The#1Spot wrote:

The rare BMW mate (M8)

I thought the highest they went was the M5
You're right actually. I'm not a car fanatic or anything, but BMW never produced an M8. That guy used the ///M badge from some other M-model and glued it on his car along with an 8-badge.
The wiki article pers0nah posted up there explains the whole thing.

Dauntless wrote:

I saw a Z1 a few months ago, I think they're even rarer right?
One of my friends' dad used to have one of those. Had to sell it when his company went bankrupt tho.
HITNRUNXX
+220|6710|Oklahoma City
A local car mod shop used to sell a lot of the emblems and things for exotic cars. A friend of mine had a really nice Ferrari after he removed all the "Toyota" and "Supra" badges from his car and replaced them with Ferrari things...

A guy I went to college with had a really nice Porsche after he "corrected" his Honda Civic...

And lastly, in front of the custom mod shop was a nice looking BMW Crown Victoria...
Homie22
+34|6612|Orange County, California

menzo2003 wrote:

today is saw the Z8 first time I saw 1 live
http://www.1-18scalecars.com/BMW/BMW_Z8 … arter2.jpg
but I've never seen an M8
I see that z8 about once a week but ui guess tahts cause im in oc.. that m8 thhough is extremtly rare ive only seen it a few times in my life

Last edited by Homie22 (2008-01-09 17:00:06)

Sgt.Kyle
Kyle
+48|6483|P-way, NJ

mint-sauce-41 wrote:

_NL_Lt.EngineerFox wrote:

Volkswagen Golf 2 GTI > BMW M8
Negative.
Agreeable

V dubs are pos tbh
Benzin
+576|5998

HITNRUNXX wrote:

A local car mod shop used to sell a lot of the emblems and things for exotic cars. A friend of mine had a really nice Ferrari after he removed all the "Toyota" and "Supra" badges from his car and replaced them with Ferrari things...

A guy I went to college with had a really nice Porsche after he "corrected" his Honda Civic...

And lastly, in front of the custom mod shop was a nice looking BMW Crown Victoria...
*sigh*
MetaL*
Banned
+188|6157|Anaheim, Mexifornia

pers0nah wrote:

Theres a few floating around where i live, not very well built according to my dad (mechanic for 27 years)

oh and proof

wikipedia wrote:

One of BMW's best-kept secrets is the canceled BMW M8 Prototype. Originally envisioned as a Ferrari competitor, only a single prototype was ever produced, equipped with a special 550 bhp (410 kW) version of the S70 engine, essentially a bored out version of the M70 with experimental multi valve cylinder heads. A common misconception is that this engine eventually ended up in the McLaren F1. However, when this was suggested to McLaren's designer Gordon Murray, the idea was rejected because the engine was overweight and too long for the McLaren F1. A whole new engine was designed which has a closer resemblance to the later euro S50B30 BMW M3 engine.

The project was eventually scrapped because BMW decided that there was no market for an M8. The only prototype ever produced (one that was reportedly not even road safe) was locked away by BMW in the company's Giftschrank (poison storage) and has reportedly been destroyed[1].

While the M8 was never produced, it is interesting to note that the 850CSi was also tuned by BMW's "M" division. Aside from sporting an M-tuned engine (as identified by the S suffix instead of the M prefix that a true M car would wear), the car's VIN identifies the car as being built by BMW Motorsport (identified by the WBS prefix) instead of BMW AG (WBA prefix). This effectively identifies the 850CSi as essentially a detuned version of the M8
The man speaks the truth I laughed my ass of when I saw the fake ass badges.
Benzin
+576|5998
But the CSi and the 8 are original badges for that car. That's what you people can't quite seem to grasp.
pers0nah
Waste Kid
+271|6582|MANCHESTERRR

CapnNismo wrote:

But the CSi and the 8 are original badges for that car. That's what you people can't quite seem to grasp.
if you had found an F40 or even a Z8 id be impressed

but that things old and dusty. Not really a rarity, especially in england
Nappy
Apprentice
+151|6229|NSW, Australia

yeh get some in the workshop, i think theres a 840 Ci in the yard right now
tthf
Member 5307
+210|6758|06-01
Audi RS4 = win
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6328

Yes, but consider the fine points of the car. Can't it do over 300 kph which is like, 180+mph un-tuned right? And it has a lot of other unique features like a big ass V12 engine and windows that roll up automatically when going over 100 mph er something

Its a nice car, but even today I would consider something more practical then that!
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
(BMP) Smegmeister
+2|6154
BMW Motorsport did develop a prototype 8 Series with a lightweight body and a 550-hp 48-valve V12 engine that was known as the M8. However, BMW pulled the plug on the M8 and stated, "We're just not interested in putting our name on cars like this anymore." Instead, a more mild 8 Series with a 24-valve version of the V12 and normal steel body panels was chosen for production. This model was named 850CSi, perhaps because it was more closely related to the regular 850Ci coupe than the M8 prototype or perhaps because BMW did not wish to attach the M badge to a rather large and heavy grand touring coupe.
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6620|Mhz

Erm the 8 series was mainstream manufactured for 10 years 89-99, the plug wasn't pulled and it's not particularly rare either, there's over 30,000 worldwide (not a lot but I wouldn't call that rare) the M badges are fake BTW.
djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6336|Oregon
the M8 is a sick car. nice find.
(BMP) Smegmeister
+2|6154
It Is Not An M8
(BMP) Smegmeister
+2|6154

djphetal wrote:

the M8 is a sick car. nice find.
THE PLUG WAS PULLED ON THE M8

I WORKED FOR BMW FOR A FEW YEARS

ALTHOUGH THEY ARE MAKING A NEW ONE !!!!!!
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6620|Mhz

(BMP) Smegmeister wrote:

It Is Not An M8
Listen to the man, he speaks the truth.

This is the M8, note the vents for the engine, air intakes by the rear wheels and general not looking likr the OP-ness of it.
https://www.geocities.com/~bmwfanatic/m8.jpg

It's sad it never got released in it's original form it's a bloody amazing car.
(BMP) Smegmeister
+2|6154

maef wrote:

The#1Spot wrote:

The rare BMW mate (M8)

I thought the highest they went was the M5
You're right actually. I'm not a car fanatic or anything, but BMW never produced an M8. That guy used the ///M badge from some other M-model and glued it on his car along with an 8-badge.
The wiki article pers0nah posted up there explains the whole thing.

Dauntless wrote:

I saw a Z1 a few months ago, I think they're even rarer right?
One of my friends' dad used to have one of those. Had to sell it when his company went bankrupt tho.
my fav
M 635 CSi  03.84 - 05.89 211 286bhp 3453cc 6  S 38B35 e/c

old and beautifull
ghettoperson
+1,943|6649

Haven't seen one of them in years.
(BMP) Smegmeister
+2|6154
i would give anything for 1..  propper car.. have you seen under the bonnet ?? ooh them throttle bodies.. want em on my wall at home

metal and chrome.. not fiberglass and plastic.. how it should be
HITNRUNXX
+220|6710|Oklahoma City
I am not a car expert, but you know, I think that is about a 1991-1993 Nissan 240SX...

You should get a nice clear picture of the VIN... THAT, I could check for sure, lol...

Edit: Before anyone replies... I don't think I am quite right, but I do think I am in the right ballpark...

Edit Again Before anyone Replies: Ok, I did some research... It is a BMW 8-Series...  "8-Series 850i" or so, from the early 90s... NOT an M8... (But hey, it does look a lot like the 240SX... lol)

Last edited by HITNRUNXX (2008-01-10 07:33:39)

Rubix-Cubes
+123|6656|UK
i came home today and parked out side my house, and some cunt had knicked my front door!!!!!
bennisboy
+829|6646|Poundland

HITNRUNXX wrote:

I am not a car expert, but you know, I think that is about a 1991-1993 Nissan 240SX...

You should get a nice clear picture of the VIN... THAT, I could check for sure, lol...

Edit: Before anyone replies... I don't think I am quite right, but I do think I am in the right ballpark...

Edit Again Before anyone Replies: Ok, I did some research... It is a BMW 8-Series...  "8-Series 850i" or so, from the early 90s... NOT an M8... (But hey, it does look a lot like the 240SX... lol)
erm its style is clearly BMW, not 240sx
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6500|so randum

pers0nah wrote:

CapnNismo wrote:

if you had found an F40 or even a Z8 id be impressed

but that things old and dusty. Not really a rarity, especially in england
Dunno about that, i rarely see an 8, and i live in Cheshire, and stuff like Tesstarossas and F40's, while not common, are seen pretty often. Hell, i've even seen a Veyron outside this bar near me.

Z8's are nice, not exactly common, or particularly good, but nice nonetheless.

Last edited by FatherTed (2008-01-10 08:14:05)

Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard