Why is the media acting this way?

They feel Ron Paul is not worth their time.30%30% - 11
He's a joke.33%33% - 12
Debates are enough attention for him.2%2% - 1
None of the above.33%33% - 12
Total: 36
dan673
+46|6000
Even after the last debate for the New Hampshire caucuses, Ron Paul is the only person to not get an interview, not that I'm complaining, but it's just a detail I've caught onto. Why do you think the media is doing this?
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6422|North Carolina
He's not getting much attention because, although he's good at fundraising (amazing actually), he's not getting the votes like he needs to in order to have more attention.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6649|949

The media is liberal biased, and Ron Paul is a self-described Republican.

The media only gives what it percieves as 'serious candidates' the time of day, and they think Ron Paul doesn't have a chance.

There is coverage of Ron Paul in the media, just not as much as other candidates.

None of those ^^^ are correct.

wRONg Paul, the D&ST fad of the week.

Last edited by KEN-JENNINGS (2008-01-07 16:01:55)

Brasso
+1,549|6647

Wtf is with the Ron Paul movement?  Every single one of his supporters seems like a raving fanatic.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
dan673
+46|6000
I'm not a supporter of him, its just something that everyone has caught on to about the way the media is portraying him (at all?). I see Ron Paul's name all over the net, the not the media.
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6733
he was an internet phenom.... he's still the libertarian kook that didnt raise an eyebrow last time he ran...
Love is the answer
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6422|North Carolina
I wouldn't call Paul a kook, but he's still not getting my vote.  Either way, the internet is more susceptible to fads than TV is.  This'll all die down soon enough.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6618|132 and Bush

He is on Jay Leno tonight. I'd say that's huge exposure the night before a big vote.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
dan673
+46|6000

Kmarion wrote:

He is on Jay Leno tonight. I'd say that's huge exposure the night before a big vote.
Yep, watching that right now.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6428|'Murka

dan673 wrote:

Even after the last debate for the New Hampshire caucuses, Ron Paul is the only person to not get an interview, not that I'm complaining, but it's just a detail I've caught onto. Why do you think the media is doing this?
Have you seen his real interviews? The ones that don't just give him idealogical softballs? He can't explain any of his ideas rationally.

Maybe that's why.

Hell, if all you did was listen to the media, you would think Obama was already President.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6858|Cologne, Germany

he simply has emerged as a strong enough candidate for the media to justify giving him decent airtime. His results in Iowa were bad, as he came out 5th. No reason to put up with him, really. If he does as bad in New Hampshire, he'll be finished.
Phrozenbot
+632|6633|do not disturb

Ron Paul got 10% at Iowa and is tied with Rudy in New Hampshire. Hoping he can do better

But anyways, here is the video of him on Jay Leno. Thought it was very nice of him to bring him on the show.

Marinejuana
local
+415|6602|Seattle

FEOS wrote:

He can't explain any of his ideas rationally.
Did anybody else find that comment ironic?
Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
+853|6656|Montreal, Qc, Canada
Who is Ron Paul ?
adam1503
+85|6405|Manchester, UK

Turquoise wrote:

He's not getting much attention because, although he's good at fundraising (amazing actually), he's not getting the votes like he needs to in order to have more attention.
I think its the other way around; he's not getting the votes he needs because the media deliberately doesnt give him as much attention as he deserves.  I believe that all news media, not just in the US, but around the world, has a massive influence on the way people vote, and that the vast majority of voters will allow the media to influence their opinion.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard